Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 08:04 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
Trump has no power over the foreign press. The world is bigger than America. Eventually the truth will destroy him.
I didn't know BuzzFeed and CNN were "foreign press."

What "truth" do you refer to that will "destroy him?" What are you calling "truth?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Yes, trump's insane screeching at the press yesterday is proof of that.
I didn't hear any "screeching" from Trump. What I heard was him politely telling a disrespectful CNN reporter that he was rude, and he was not being called upon to ask a question. If anyone was screeching, it was this rude so-called "reporter."

Old 01-12-2017, 08:08 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
When I listened to Limbaugh in the past, he had a term to describe the media - that is similar to a drive by shooting...

"Drive-by-Media"

In other words, the media would put out news story and cause a scene, and then figuratively drive away and leave the mess behind.

So they tried a hit on Trump with this fake story to cause a scene. What they have not figured out is that Trump will fire back at them.

So as long as the press continues their gang war against Trump, and attempts more drive-by hits on Trump, the war will continue.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:10 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,340,016 times
CNN started hands up, don't shoot. They are a propaganda arm of the Democrat party. Fake news

Old 01-12-2017, 08:13 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Lightbulb Do You Think It'll Be A War For Next Four Years Between Trump And The Press

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Not since Richard Nixon has the main street press been so determined to bring someone down. Its going to be brutal but I believe Trump will win in the end----He Always Does!
Oh, yeah...

It'll be a war. One that Trump has started and one he has no chance of winning. He desperately needs good press and his ego demands constant strokes of approval.

He's doing it all wrong.

The constant scrutiny and criticism that comes with the presidency may prove to be a whole lot more than he's built to cope with.

His own words and actions will defeat him in the end.

It's all very amusing. And he isn't even in office yet.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:14 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Fox has been telli lies for years, why aren't they called out?
Because they are telling the lies their audience wants to hear.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I could only take watching part of that video, but it sure reminded me of another leader from our history who stood up on the stage and ranted and raved, like a maniac. Only the other guy spoke fluent German.

Trump is digging his hole a little deeper every day, and he can not stop himself from doing it. He is making enemies at every turn, and every time he opens his mouth.
Oh, please! You'd better do some serious study of World history if you equate Donald Trump to Adolph Hitler. That is so disgusting and frankly insulting to those millions of us who voted for him over the treasonous other candidate who ought to be (and may wind up) in prison.

Such an allegation is irresponsible and destroys your own credibility.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:19 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Oh, yeah...

It'll be a war. One that Trump has started and one he has no chance of winning. He desperately needs good press and his ego demands constant strokes of approval.

He's doing it all wrong.

The constant scrutiny and criticism that comes with the presidency may prove to be a whole lot more than he's built to cope with.

I don't know . Trump got elected without the media, or the RNC . If he is smart he will keep his Twitter feed going and simply go around the media . I suspect Kushner will play a large role in the social media efforts of Trump.

I'm no fan of Trump, but I'm not a fan of the arrogant media and their behavior either . It will be interesting .

Old 01-12-2017, 08:21 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Oh, yeah...

He's doing it all wrong.

Trump has played the press for free publicity for years, even to the extent of pretending to his own publicist, "John Miller," or sometimes, "John Baron," calling up and carrying on about how he was dating this movie star or that music star.

During the campaign, he got tons of free publicity by saying one outrageous thing after another. Now he's accusing the media of spreading "fake news." That takes a lot of gall considering more than half of what he says is, shall we say, "fake news."

The idea that media will lose to Trump is ridiculous. As long as people are clicking on their websites, buying their magazines and newspapers, they are winning. Bigly.

FYI: Trump's approval rating is at 37% and sinking.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:24 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I don't know . Trump got elected without the media, or the RNC . If he is smart he will keep his Twitter feed going and simply go around the media . I suspect Kushner will play a large role in the social media efforts of Trump.

I'm no fan of Trump, but I'm not a fan of the arrogant media and their behavior either . It will be interesting .
In his very first press conference since the election yesterday, he came within about one BTU of a complete meltdown in front of all the cameras and mikes.

He isn't even confirmed yet and the weight of the office has him in its grip already. The media will be there like hyenas on a carcass each and every time he folds under pressure.

Prepare for many entertaining tantrums.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies