Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 11:30 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,422,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
I'm actually starting to feel bad for you.

We tiny citizens are so far removed from the presidency that there is NO reason you people should be feeling this much angst, fear, and hatred over a "loss".

As a former psycho-therapist, I highly suggest you step away from the KB, turn off your fake news sites (CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC), take a deep breath, take a shot of rum...or two, and move past this perceived affront to your person.

If you can't do that then I suggest you seek professional help. And don't go to a licensed social worker... go to a REAL psychologist.

I'm kinda thinking someone who was really a psychotherapist would be able to, you know, actually spell their former job title properly.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:31 AM

46,861 posts, read 25,814,930 times
Quote:
I suggest you re-evaluate the scope of your influence. There is nothing you can do to affect - negatively or positively - the direction of the country.
The passengers on the Titanic couldn't do anything to affect the direction of the ship, either - I for one still think they had cause to be worried.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:31 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,486,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I am having fun watching Trump act like a crazy man. This is the most entertaining politics has ever been. Just wait until he starts attacking the GOP congress when he doesn't get his way. It's going to get better and better as time goes on.

This is entertainment folks. Lefties are enjoying the show. Every day is interesting. It's also fun to watch the die hard Trump supporters come to his defense. This Russia stuff is even fun.

Wonder what Part 3 will be? Maybe we'll find out that Melania is a Russian spy purposely sent to the US decades ago.

Its a freak show 7x24. Politics has become better than a tabloid headline.

Bring it on. This is awesome.
There are much cheaper, safer and more effective ways of generating entertainment than being the Orange Orangutan POTUS elect.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-12-2017 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 01-12-2017, 11:34 AM

35,480 posts, read 20,841,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I'm always confused by your moniker,"tinytrump," in light of your comments. I guess you are not a mini-Trump or even a Trump supporter then. Right? Instead having something to do with Trump's pride in his big hands perhaps? Curious if not confusing in any case...

I had my name with the first PC we ever had, my son who passed, gave it to me, so not changing it because this guy appeared on the scene - no, I do not support him, he is my president - just do not agree-

Old 01-12-2017, 11:38 AM

1,160 posts, read 709,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Agreed we are pretty far removed from the POTUS and all the rest that makes for the fate of us Americans, but we are not far removed from the effects of poverty, lack of quality health care, lack of education, violence, the possibility of war, lack of opportunity for far too many people. So how can you -- anyone -- be so nonchalant about what is now unfolding?

Right. Pass the rum...
first, Trump campaigned heavily on poverty, lack of quality healthcare, education and all the other topics you mentioned. He got chastised for much of it including truthfully pointing out the fact that african americans do disproportionately suffer from all of the above - even more so under Obama's watch. He famously said
"what the hell do you have to lose"...

Nothing Trump has done so far even hints at him going back on any of his word. His 'america first' mantra gives me hope as i see it hearken back to the Monroe doctrine.

I'm a pretty honest guy - I call em as I see em. While I didn't vote for Obama, I did have hope that he would indeed usher us into a post-racial era. Unfortunately, he did just the opposite right out of the gate.

Maybe you people are right - perhaps he will F' all this up BIG LEAGUE - but so far, you've all been wrong and he's been right. If he does then I'll be one of the first to criticize him but until that happens, I'm on board.

I do honestly feel bad for those that can't move on from their perceived loss. I use this forum to tweak my ADHD addled mind during a boring day... Im afraid too many of you use it to continue your wallowing in self-pity.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:42 AM

3,487 posts, read 2,767,802 times
Quote:

We tiny citizens are so far removed from the presidency that there is NO reason you people should be feeling this much angst, fear, and hatred over a "loss".

As a former psycho-therapist, I highly suggest you step away from the KB, turn off your fake news sites (CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC), take a deep breath, take a shot of rum...or two, and move past this perceived affront to your person.

If you can't do that then I suggest you seek professional help. And don't go to a licensed social worker... go to a REAL psychologist.

I'm sorry you got all mixed up. You have gotten takened by fake news from Infowars and Fox News. I suggest you seek professional help.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:44 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,687,950 times
Quote:

Before I take your advice, I need to see your credentials !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies