Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2017, 05:49 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,954,551 times

Advertisements

First, this is not a swipe at global warming or equal treatment of the LGBTQ/Minority community. (I must stress that blacks are in a separate box than to the LGBTQ) I also believe that these issues are extremely important, BUT, within context. I also totally understand a default reflex to ensure that the Republicans make an effort towards these issues. (see how I can be reasonable?)

It's one thing to present and inquire about the CIA nominee's thoughts about identity politics. I understand that it is the job of the questioner to press on certain issues. However, to badger the potential CIA nominee is absurd, considering his specific role.

This is a perfect case of academia democrats not understanding social dynamics nor understanding how to read situations. We are not saying to avoid asking such questions. However, there is a time and place for everything- Democrats, as well as many far right Conservatives, are so within their immediate spaces that they have a hard time connecting with those who are not from that cloth. Democrats especially, are so beyond familiar with those who are naturally drawn to national security, military, law enforcement, guns, working with their hands, aka many from MIDDLE AMERICA, who have lived on farms and have been groomed for these jobs for generations.

Quote:
"Do you have any reason to doubt NASA's findings?" she asked.

Pompeo defended his positions on climate change and said, "Frankly, as director of CIA, I'd prefer [...] not to get into the details of climate debate and science… My role is going to be so different and unique from that, it is going to be to work alongside warriors keeping Americans safe."

"So I'm not clear," Harris shot back. "Do you believe that NASA's findings are debatable?"

Pompeo responded that he hasn't seen the materials she was referencing. "I can't give you any judgment about that today," he said.
Freshman Democrat Kamala Harris grills CIA director nominee on climate change | Washington Examiner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 05:56 PM

34,258 posts, read 19,225,694 times
Context matters? Like say....the ability to understand science and reason?

The question isn't about what he thinks, its about IF he thinks.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:19 PM

17,322 posts, read 9,137,299 times
I hope that somebody does a video of the unbelievably DUMB Hysterical Meltdown questions that these Leftist are asking in what is supposed to be a Serious Advice & Consent dialog.

The Leftists are making Total Fools of themselves and the American public needs to see it.
It's like 1st graders attempting to question Field Experts in their interviews of the most Non-Partisan & Competent cabinet nominees I've ever seen. These men are taking a MAJOR step down to serve this Nation and they are forced to deal with imbeciles.

It's not going to be a normal Cabinet - it will be a Working Cabinet that serves the Function that our Constitution calls for. They are EXPERTS, they are PROVEN, they are Non-Politicians & they are NOT an Echo Chamber of Nodding Heads to blindly agree with the President of the United States.

Lots to be concerned about with Donald Trump - ZERO Legislative/Political experience is a big part of that.
On the other hand - Donald Trump appears to have looked for the "Best Person" available for each post and made it clear to them he has ONE criteria - Follow the Law. If the Law needs to be 'changed', then ask for that - BUT this will be a Law and Order Administration and FOLLOW THE LAW is a mandate.

Each of the proposed Cabinet members have stressed that they would "Follow the Law" and that they don't have the Authority to "make Law" .... that is the job of Congress.

It's a very, very Refreshing Mandate and something we have not seen in many years.
It's the #1 reason I voted for Donald Trump - "Follow the Law" equally for everyone, not just the "Elite".
Make every attempt to clean out the Corruption that has taken over D.C.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:30 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,954,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Context matters? Like say....the ability to understand science and reason?

The question isn't about what he thinks, its about IF he thinks.
that's basically saying that any agenda one has needs to be adhered to in accordance with what is being presented. again, it's not to avoid asking questions but to know when to relinquish the oppressive nature of their identity politics, which many are not familiar with dealing in such intense ways.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:53 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,579,638 times
Questions like these are bad optics for Democrats. It only reinforces the perception that Democrats care only about LBGT rights and "climate change".

Old 01-12-2017, 07:57 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,524,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Questions like these are bad optics for Democrats. It only reinforces the perception that Democrats care only about LBGT rights and "climate change".
Yeah, it kind of like viewing animals in the wild as compared to the zoo.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:22 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,161,772 times
OP, what do you think she should of asked?How about, "Do you think my hair is pretty?"

It is very important to know that the next CIA Director believes in science. Besides, your premise has no context. This was one small part of the questioning. Not really sure what your issue is exactly. Feel free to flesh it out. Good luck.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:45 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,579,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
OP, what do you think she should of asked?How about, "Do you think my hair is pretty?"

It is very important to know that the next CIA Director believes in science. Besides, your premise has no context. This was one small part of the questioning. Not really sure what your issue is exactly. Feel free to flesh it out. Good luck.
She could have asked, for example, about things that pertain to a CIA director, such as terrorism, security, etc. (which are things Democrats obviously don't care about).

Old 01-12-2017, 11:27 PM

7,913 posts, read 5,728,155 times
Classic example of Kamala "The Ugandan Giant" Harris throwing her hat into the ring for 2020. What kind of idiot asks the CIA director a question about gobal warming? Kamala Harris, dats who.

The Democratic Party is slowly decomposing, with both old (Pelosi, Sanders) and young (Booker) freaks alike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies