Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 09:42 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
It's not that he/she/it has not kept up with the news, it's more Obama and the liberals can do no wrong in their followers eyes no matter how badly they act, it's always someone else's fault.

That's why people have come to see liberalism as a mental disorder. Somehow it shuts off the ability to reason, see ideas other than your own and listen to varied opinions.
I liken it to the 3 monkeys, see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil (about liberals of course, everyone else is fair game)...

Extreme ideology/ partisanship is a mental disorder.

Every POTUS does some good.

Every POTUS makes mistakes and some are huge.

I prefer to take responsibility for myself. I have not attributed my personal outcomes, good, bad or otherwise to any president or political party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 09:56 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Business plans? From Trump?

Nah

Those were the lesson plans from Trump University
There is no substance to Trump. It is the root of his extreme insecurity.

That did not however prevent him from communicating a better message ( jobs and lower taxes) than his opponent and avoid getting bogged down in pesky details of the how.

He managed to surround himself with people whose voting records and positions are contrary to his sound bites. I mean how bizzare to have the Newt stumping for you when the Newt was a major driver of NAFTA. How bizzare to chose a VP and AG who voted in favor of the Iraq War Resolution who never saw a trade deal they did not like. How bizzare to nominate people with positions on immigration, terrorism, NATO and so on, so very different than the campaign sound bites.

None of this automatically precludes him from being an effective POTUS.

My crystal ball says Trump's extreme supporters and detractors will be dissapointed.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:00 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I voted for Kasich in the primary. I had not intended to vote for either nominated candidate. I changed my mind in the voting booth and voted Trump.

I have no regrets. This is not the same thing as drinking the Kool- aid.

My posting DNA is public. Your recollection is flawed.

Trump's messaging, jobs and tax cuts without getting bogged down in the details, was stronger than those of his opponent.

It's a curious thing that Trump/ Transistion Team has associated himself with and nominated many who have voting record and strong positions contrary to his own public opinions on the Iraq War resolution, trade, NATO, terrorism, Russia, Immigration, and so on.

It's evidence that Trump has been a compilation of sound bites without any substance. Nonetheless, he / Transistion Team has nominated a bevy of people, many of whom know more than he does and in some cases, arrived at conclusions/ positions very different than Trump's campaign sound bites.

I have said all along Trump has met all the criteria for a Narassistic Personality Disorder his entire adult life. I do not like Trump the person. None of this means he cannot be an effective POTUS.

It may be flawed in saying you may have even posted that you voted for neither, but you consistently made excuses for Hillary while bashing Trump. You can call that not drinking the KoolAid, but I call it bull****.

Go on and continue preaching to others that their thinking is wrong and you're not partisan in your views.

Old 01-15-2017, 02:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I voted for Kasich in the primary. I had not intended to vote for either nominated candidate. I changed my mind in the voting booth and voted Trump.

I have no regrets. This is not the same thing as drinking the Kool- aid.

My posting DNA is public. Your recollection is flawed.

Trump's messaging, jobs and tax cuts without getting bogged down in the details, was stronger than those of his opponent.

It's a curious thing that Trump/ Transistion Team has associated himself with and nominated many who have voting record and strong positions contrary to his own public opinions on the Iraq War resolution, trade, NATO, terrorism, Russia, Immigration, and so on.

It's evidence that Trump has been a compilation of sound bites without any substance. Nonetheless, he / Transistion Team has nominated a bevy of people, many of whom know more than he does and in some cases, arrived at conclusions/ positions very different than Trump's campaign sound bites.

I have said all along Trump has met all the criteria for a Narassistic Personality Disorder his entire adult life. I do not like Trump the person. None of this means he cannot be an effective POTUS.
This <bold> is key. Just like the current president whom the majority of people "like" as evidenced by his approval ratings but can't stand his policies as evidenced by the majority of the nation saying "we're going in the wrong direction" and the total house cleaning this election cycle. Let's also not forget that none of us KNOWS Trump the private person, just Trump the public persona. They could be two very different people.

Obama's probably a great guy to hang around or have a beer with but is lacking when it comes to elected office or taking in others ideas.
I think Trump KNOWS he doesn't know the answers to everything and is honestly trying to surround himself with those who might have talent in their positions and doesn't really care if their opinions differ from his. He doesn't NEED yes men.
Heaven knows he's ok with firing people who can't do the job or provide the value he demands. I say let's wait and see how this plays out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies