Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 11:58 AM

1,896 posts, read 810,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The popular vote does not matter in an election of a Republic of States.

I never heard a word about the damn pop vote from you people until recently. It's NEVER going to change unless you think there will ever be enough support in government to amend the constitution over it.

Good luck with that. You would essentially be asking them to change the kind of country we are.
And funny how Trump was claiming voter fraud and how the electoral college was useless right up until he won the vote....

It should change.... rural populations have way too much power relative to where the people and money reside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 12:16 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
And funny how Trump was claiming voter fraud and how the electoral college was useless right up until he won the vote....

It should change.... rural populations have way too much power relative to where the people and money reside.
This elitist attitude is part of the reason Trump won, and is also why the electoral college isn't going anywhere, thank God.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:24 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
No one is denying that Trump is not powerful. Demagogues only work on the poorly educated, and this country is teeming with that. It got the man elected President.
"Demagogues only work on the poorly educated, and this country is teeming with that.'

And all those HIGHLY educated (I suppose you put yourself in that category) couldn't win with ALL their education beat trump.

I guess they are NOT as smart as they think they are and will NEVER admit it.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:41 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
He squeaked out a very narrow victory by lying and deceiving a hateful and desperate segment of the population, while being aided and abetted by the Russians and Jim Comey.

He has no mandate is disliked by the majority and is in over his head. He may not even make it to 2020.
"He squeaked out a very narrow victory"

306 electoral votes 232

30 states to 21 states and D.C.

3,084 counties out of 3,141 to 57 out of 3,143

and THAT is "squeaking by"?

" by lying and deceiving a hateful and desperate segment of the population"

Makes "deplorables " not look so bad.

"abetted by the Russians"

When Biden brokered a deal with the Russians, he is a hero.

When Trump brokered deals with the Russians he is in bed with them and is scum. Got it

"while being aided and abetted by the Russians and Jim Comey."

Make up your mind. When Comey said he would not recommend prosecution of Hilary he was the lefts hero.

You are SO fickle!

"and is in over his head."

If you keep this up you will blow your mid, if you have any left.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:46 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If you find YouTube with some guy with a microphone made to look like a dice as a legitimate argument.......well. Have at it.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post

Change it.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:01 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Demagogues only work on the poorly educated, and this country is teeming with that.'

And all those HIGHLY educated (I suppose you put yourself in that category) couldn't win with ALL their education beat trump.

I guess they are NOT as smart as they think they are and will NEVER admit it.
Hillary got 2.6 million more votes. Our elections come down to "swing" states, and Republicans are far superior to Democrats in locking up these states, as they know they have to be, it's the only way they can win elections.

Democrats sucked bad this election, and they nominated a poor candidate who had no message to stimulate the uneducated masses who wanted red meat in these states. Perhaps Democrats will learn from this, we'll know in 4 years.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:05 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
I didn't even like Clinton. I don't even like most Democrats. But the thing is, they aint crazy. And crazy sells in Republican-land.

And now you elected one as President. A guy who led the Birther movement. Enjoy him, I only hope those who suffer most are those who voted for him. Since his election my stocks have rose like crazy and I made great money from it. But the rise is unfounded, and the gains will soon fall away as America falls apart. Thats why I sold all of my shares and moved them somewhere safer. I'm hoping the country survives 4 more years.
One thing we don't know, just what has this current administration put in place to go into effect in the next year or two. Umm, I have a friend who's uncle is Harry Reid......"crazy" certainly tells me otherwise!

If Hillary had won, would you have felt safer with your stocks? Then again, I know people who made money, because Hillary lost,........ it seems to working in both direction for people.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:08 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Yet somehow Obama was elected by the enlightened masses, and of course before that Bush was elected by the poorly educated masses.
Because no one who supports most of the things I support can ever be a Moe Ron.

Elementary.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Hillary got 2.6 million more votes. Our elections come down to "swing" states, and Republicans are far superior to Democrats in locking up these states, as they know they have to be, it's the only way they can win elections.

Democrats sucked bad this election, and they nominated a poor candidate who had no message to stimulate the uneducated masses who wanted red meat in these states. Perhaps Democrats will learn from this, we'll know in 4 years.
Trump won because he won states that Obama had previously won.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies