Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 01:59 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times

Advertisements

89 year old Charles Brotman has been the inaugural parade announcer since 1957. He was preparing once again to do his thing for the upcoming inauguration, until Trump and his team fired him...

89-Year-Old Inauguration Announcer Fired by Trump:
Quote:
I got the shock of my life. “I thought I was going to commit suicide,” said Charles Brotman, who has been announcing inaugurations since the days of Eisenhower.
Support Trump or not, this is a ***** thing to do, and I felt it needed to be said.

The upside is that a D.C. news station has hired Brotman to be their official inaugural commentator.

Old 01-13-2017, 02:18 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
89 year old Charles Brotman has been the inaugural parade announcer since 1957. He was preparing once again to do his thing for the upcoming inauguration, until Trump and his team fired him...

89-Year-Old Inauguration Announcer Fired by Trump:

Support Trump or not, this is a ***** thing to do, and I felt it needed to be said.

The upside is that a D.C. news station has hired Brotman to be their official inaugural commentator.
How sad for this man but so glad it turned out well for him. He should have just taken it from who it comes... Donald Dump Dirt Bags, Inc. and just chalk it up to their indifference and scorn for the regular guy.

Old 01-13-2017, 04:58 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
The guy's wife had just died too. He said announcing the inauguration was what was keeping
him going. Very low-class move by the trump team.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:15 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
The guy's wife had just died too. He said announcing the inauguration was what was keeping him going. Very low-class move by the trump team.
Not surprising. Just ONE example of what an insensitive scumbag tRUMP is.

His worshippers will find out when they lose medical coverage, birth control access, financial aid, not get a promised "great job" or a wage increase, will need to contribute $ to building the infamous wall (which would take years, even if it happens), while racial equality, women's rights, LGBT rights are affected. Yes friends, you will experience the big reality show as it unfolds. Thanks, R W'ers.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:20 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
He wasn't "fired" by Trump. He never had the job in the first place.

Furthermore, he was given official recognition and a free trip with VIP status to the inauguration should he want it.

You guys are demonstrate true derangement with this sort of nonsense.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:24 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He wasn't "fired" by Trump. He never had the job in the first place.

Furthermore, he was given official recognition and a free trip with VIP status to the inauguration should he want it.

You guys are demonstrate true derangement with this sort of nonsense.
More fake news from the left trying desperately to find anything negative about Trump. Of course, if you can't find anything, then you make it up. So typically liberal.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:28 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
liberal "feelings" media spin. expect more of the same coming soon.

this type of spin is powerful stuff because people react to emotions.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:31 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
"... There is NO way to put a positive spin on this.
Indeed. The poor fellow obviously, though at 89, thought he would be doing it forever. It's sad to see older people with this issue.

It's even worse that Trump's detractors would take advantage of this guy's aging to make a political smear. They truly don't care how far down they swim into the sewer. Shame on you.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:32 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Quote:
"I looked at at my email, then I got the shock of my life," Brotman told CNN's Carol Costello. "I felt like Muhammad Ali had hit me in the stomach."

Brotman, who has been the announcer at presidential inauguration for sixty years, said when he read the email from the Trump transition team he thought he "was going to commit suicide."

He had presided over every inauguration since Eisenhower. There is NO way to put a positive spin on this. What on earth would motivate the trump team to not continue this tradition?
Post a link to the actual e-mail before you continue with more innuendos about PRESIDENT-ELECT TRUMP and his new administration.

One more false statement by the another person who can't accept the fact that Trump won.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:37 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Post a link to the actual e-mail before you continue with more innuendos about PRESIDENT-ELECT TRUMP and his new administration.

One more false statement by the another person who can't accept the fact that Trump won.
Trump drops inauguration announcer Charles Brotman who's done them all since Eisenhower - CNNPolitics.com

I don't have the actual email. Do you?

Why wouldn't the trump team let the guy do the job he's been doing for 60 years?

I know he won alright..no worries there. He's the one who seems to be so insecure about it. Maybe because he's going in with the lowest approval ratings of any incoming president ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies