Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 07:22 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Religion will rise again with Trump. There are no atheists on an airplane that is about to crash.

That's pretty funny, I don't care who you are, that's pretty funny !

Yep, ever since Trump won, a lot of us have been praying like never before !

Old 01-13-2017, 07:22 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Really...How do you explain the Global Warming superstition?
Believes a dude rose from the dead and flew into the sky, a different dude lived 3 days in a fish, a "virgin" gave birth(before we figured out how to make that happen with science) <- Not superstitions.

Believes the earth is warming when all measurements, observations, and data point to a warming trend and we have an iceberg the size of a small state getting ready to calve off of Antarctica. <- Superstitions.

Maybe in bizzarro world.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:25 AM

1,194 posts, read 726,143 times
Quote:
Believes the earth is warming when all measurements, observations, and data point to a warming trend and we have an iceberg the size of a small state getting ready to calve off of Antarctica. <- Superstitions.
I don't think the data backs your statement.

Sharp Drop Of Global Temperatures | The Global Warming Policy Forum (GWPF)

Old 01-13-2017, 07:26 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It's pushed by university professors. I have 5 sons and saw it in all of them when they were in their 2nd year or so, would come home with all these new ideas.

I like to think that they go to church occasionally and still have their faith but they are in a culture that is increasingly faithless as you said.

I did my best as a parent. They went to church most Sundays and all were confirmed and went on mission trips and did volunteer work through the church. And they know that their mother and I still go to church so now I have to keep my mouth shut and just lead by example and hope they pay attention.

My daughter has kept her faith but she has never been the type to be influenced by her peers.
Why do you assume that it is due to influence of peers? I went to an incredibly liberal university and professors didn't push any religion - and even if they did, your sons were adults. If they are so easily swayed, then look in the mirror.

Likely, they developed critical thinking skills and learned that they don't have to pretend to believe anymore.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Why should I believe you, a person that lacks basic understanding of something as simple as weather vs climate, over educated people who spend their entire lives researching the subject?

Easy answer: I don't.

If I ask someone who their favorite American football player is and they say "David Beckham" I wouldn't trust their opinions on football either.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:29 AM

Quote:
It's cool, I had no illusions that you understood the difference between weather and climate in the first place, so your retort is not surprising.
I don't think you do either..

Why did temps INCREASE when global CO2 production MASSIVELY DECREASED during the Great Depression?

Why was the earth not wiped out (nor the planet boiled) when CO2 levels were 5-6X what they are today?
the planet actually thrived and had less arid regions under such levels.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:30 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You're upset because your kids are learning new ideas in college? Seriously?
Maybe, if you were worried about them thinking for themselves, you should have kept them home where you can control them.

Not really new ideas though are they? I thought that was an unfortunate way to word it as soon as I read it. College professors are going to push a very one sided agenda on kids and if they were raised a certain sort of way it may seem like new ideas to them, but they are far from new ideas. They are ideas that have been shoved down our throats since the days of Karl Marx.

The kids who are most susceptible to this sort of indoctrination are the ones who are not exposed to these supposedly new ideas when they are younger. Kids who think they are being clever when they bring these ideas home to mom and dad for Thanksgiving dinner won't be feeling this way if they'd been exposed to these ideas and arguments for and against them when they were growing up.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:32 AM

Quote:
I don't think you do either..

Why did temps INCREASE when global CO2 production MASSIVELY DECREASED during the Great Depression?

Why was the earth not wiped out (nor the planet boiled) when CO2 levels were 5-6X what they are today?
the planet actually thrived and had less arid regions under such levels.
Why don't you go and figure out the difference between climate and weather first. No point in arguing with someone that demonstrates clear ignorance on the topic until they educate themselves to a bare minimum understanding on the topic. I wouldn't argue baseball with someone that said their favorite pitcher was Tiger Woods either.

That means unbiased scientific sources not propaganda websites.

It is cool though:
Dude dying and flying up into the sky - Totally reasonable and not superstitious
Organisms having an impact on the ecosystem they live inside of - Superstitious nonsense hokum

Old 01-13-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
That means unbiased scientific sources not propaganda websites.
Obviously your GW cult...have a warm wonderful day!!!

Old 01-13-2017, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Obviously your GW cult...have a warm wonderful day!!!
Yep, all of science is a conspiracy to push the liberal agenda! But that dude that died really did fly up into the sky. Why oh why are all the global warmists so superstitious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies