Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 11:41 AM

4,315 posts, read 3,971,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Regarding "kids nowadays" being so bad because their parents didn't beat them enough, I find that to be false.

This is a joke video about the alleged differences between "white parents" and "black parents", but in my observation, this more accurately a caricature of the differences between affluent parents and poor/working class parents (the demographic that produces kids most likely to get into legal trouble).
the chain will never be broken when so many blacks believe getting suspended from school /quitting school is no big deal.

Refusing education usually = life of poverty .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 11:48 AM

33,507 posts, read 18,043,712 times
Time to buy Dunkin donuts. They are much better anyway.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:01 PM

6,597 posts, read 4,975,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
the chain will never be broken when so many blacks believe getting suspended from school /quitting school is no big deal.

Right. We all know how over educated rural America is.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:18 PM

50,371 posts, read 23,960,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nothing kind about writing the name of a hate group on a box of doughnuts.

i.e. the same group that chants "Pigs In a Blanket, Fry 'Em Like Bacon".
There are many people in the overall BLM movement who do not get radical like the pigs in a blanket statement.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:32 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,099,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yanno what, I'm not even going to watch this, because you made the comment "Beat them enough". no one is suggesting beating a kid.

I started very young with my boy, and spanked him on the butt 3 times....once in the store, b/c he always carried on in the stores, b/c he was testing me to see if he could.

I was spanked very little by my foster parents and so were my foster sibblings.....no one was beat. Now, I was in fact beat by my mother, she should have never been a mother.....

there is a huge difference.

Kids are growing up today without both parents in homes that are less then good examples, so that surely also has a bearing....

no one is advocating beating a kid....

I watched it....lol
I meant spanking, as I consider it beating in a literal sense. It's much better to beat them this way (a whack on the bum/hand/whatever) then to swing a weapon at them or punch them or whatnot. That said, my parents didn't believe in corporal punishment, and I don't plan on using it with my future kid either, and neither does my husband, as he was viciously beaten as a kid.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:48 PM

50,371 posts, read 23,960,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
What kind of idiot jumps out of a car with a cell phone his hand and starts running his mouth with numerous patrol cars behind him and resists arrest?

Whats the reality of black crime and black life in America and black crime stats. It seems pretty apparent that aggression/violence/crime are found far more tolerable within the black population than in the any other population

Blacks make up 12.3-13.3% of the american population but make up

32.5% of all rapes

34.15% of all assaults

54.9% of all robberies

49.4% of all murders

91-93% of all black americans murdered are by other black americans

In 2015, police killings of blacks accounted for approximately 4 percent of homicides of blacks. Police killings of unarmed blacks accounted for approximately 0.6 percent of homicides of blacks. The overwhelming majority of black homicide victims (93 percent from 1980 to 2008) were killed by blacks.

In 2013, of the approximately 660,000 crimes of interracial violence that involved blacks and whites, blacks were the perpetrators 85 percent of the time. This meant a black person was 27 times more likely to attack a white person than vice versa.

7 Statistics You Need To Know About Black-On-Black Crime | Daily Wire

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/F-...fH19h0adcE8Pvc
And, most Blacks are law abiding citizens and are far less likely to stereotype than...you.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:54 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,453,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
There are many people in the overall BLM movement who do not get radical like the pigs in a blanket statement.
Looks like more than just a "statement".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTuf8wAtgkA

i.e. They are a hate group that advocates killing policeman. Policeman who often have to put their own lives in danger protecting those subject the high crime in many of these people's neighborhoods.

Old 01-14-2017, 02:07 PM

6,597 posts, read 4,975,561 times
Quote:

Right. We all know how over educated rural America is.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:28 AM

28,889 posts, read 30,147,828 times
Quote:

your correct, but also, kids can't keep having kids....its got to stop, somewhere along the line, this all comes from bad parenting....or just one parent, all communities must work together to get this point across and drive it home. God helps those who helps themselves. Going to church is only part of it....75% of it is education and moral education, and the desire to do for oneself, instead of expecting everyone else to assume the problem. respect, if you respect yourself, your respect others.

But the violence within ones culture has to stop. as I explained before, it was a kids birthday party at chuckie cheese, and the women were fit fighting with each other in front of their kids....what a horrible example to set forth for a child, and what horrible parents...that is where these kids are coming from.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:34 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,678,985 times
ummm... I thought the topic was a donut place disrespecting cops?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies