Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 07:09 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marysleysis Rubio View Post
No there are no two ways. That is the definition of hypocrisy.

Freedom has a price. There will always be results we won't like. If you tell companies the should fire employees for expressing their political believes then you can also tell them they should fire their bakers for refusing to bake for gay couple

As simple as that, pick your poison.
Let me start by saying I agree with you. (If this is the business owner's decision, and he or she understands every action, there is a reaction. His/her shop, his/her rules)

But in my opinion as a business owner, I would not want any of my own employees to be drama queens like this. I certainly wouldn't like it so much if any of them using my shop to express their political opinion or push their social and political agenda. If you cannot mind your own business (by being a good sales associate), I don't want you there. Simple as that.

Insult my customer, or making my customer uncomfy, you are gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 07:10 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Typical cop-hater post.
I do hate when they do this. We all should.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marysleysis Rubio View Post
No there are no two ways. That is the definition of hypocrisy.

Freedom has a price. There will always be results we won't like. If you tell companies the should fire employees for expressing their political beliefs then you can also order them to fire their bakers for refusing to bake for a gay couple

As simple as that, pick your poison.
Yep, hypocrites everywhere.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:13 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
the whole point of this situation is this....

yes, you have the right to feel the way you feel, but you don't have to verbalize it....

In other words, to write that on the donut box was in fact, not only disrespectful, but the kid who wrote it, was simply pushing buttons, seeing how far they could go and that in itself, is most certainly going to get that kid in trouble some day. Maybe if the company or manager had fired that kid, or person, that person would learn a lesson, maybe not, but to show others there is no room for even tolerance for this kind of behavior would be the right thing to do.

what our leaders did, during the Obama administration, was give these kids a free card to say and do anything they want to police....without any consequence....

and the woman, during those riots, who grabbed her boy by the ear and took him home and proceeded to beat his arse for participating in something so disgusting, well, Kudos to her! And that's what I'm talkin about...

Even the mayor of that city during that particular riot, gave them free rain, to do what they were doing...and they ruined cop cars?

These are examples of why we have what we have today, there is no fear of consequences...

Old 01-13-2017, 07:14 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yep, hypocrites everywhere.
You are comparing apples to oranges.

If this is an employee, employer has the right to fire him or her.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:16 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
fake news... this isn't how you spell Krispy Kreme

4,040 posts, read 2,556,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You are comparing apples to oranges.

If this is an employee, employer has the right to fire him or her.
I think you are wasting your time here.

It is so utterly simple a BUSINESS OWNER is not the same as an EMPLOYEE.

If they can't grasp that simple of a concept, you are never going to get very far with them.

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Let me start by saying I agree with you. (If this is the business owner's decision, and he or she understands every action, there is a reaction. His/her shop, his/her rules)

But in my opinion as a business owner, I would not want any of my own employees to be drama queens like this. I certainly wouldn't like it so much if any of them using my shop to express their political opinion or push their social and political agenda. If you cannot mind your own business (by being a good sales associate), I don't want you there. Simple as that.

Insult my customer, or making my customer uncomfy, you are gone.
Correct, it's like an unspoken quality which a lot of kids have lost....

I know what people are saying is true, the store owner has a right to hire and fire someone, however, what I'm trying to touch on here is this, what you have displayed.

loyalty to self, self respect...pride in oneself and in one's work ethics

Old 01-13-2017, 07:17 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
I agree that the employee who did this should have some sort of punishment given, maybe a few days off to think about this. Firing would not be out of line, I would be fired if I did it. KK did respond, although they did not come out and strongly condemn the BLM note:

On January 12, 2017, the Chief of Police received written correspondence from Corporate Representative, Mike Tattersfield, of Krispy Kreme. This letter states, “On behalf of all of us at Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation, we sincerely apologize for the incident.” The letter further states, “We immediately initiated a thorough investigation internally…We have now addressed this matter directly with our staff at the shop and are taking appropriate action…Furthermore we will use this opportunity to train the staff at all of our US locations to reinforce proper respect for all our customers.”

I believe that area of Smyrna Ga is predominately black (been through there, but can't remember specifically) so there may be some dislike of the police ingrained in the residents. Still, no excuse, and I hope they truly did deal with it quickly and swiftly.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:18 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
A business has the right to hire and fire whomever they want.

BLM vs police stupidity aside... If that was my establishment, that employee quite possibly cost me a return customer which cuts directly into my bottom line. I would have fired him on the spot.... I figure he has done it once and he could have possibly done it several times in the past and intend on it in the future.

It is also a franchise... Thats even worse... A loss of that franchise due to this event cluld mean 100s of thousands down the tubes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies