Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 09:48 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You cannot rationalize a suicide mind. NOBODY really knew what a suicidal person really wanted in their last moment of desperation. So the last wish might NOT be her last wish.

Weigh the Pros and Cons, leaving a 12 year old suicide video online has no benefits.
What's the benefit of broadcasting a mass murderer for all the world to see? Because that's exactly what the murderer wanted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 09:51 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What's the benefit of broadcasting a mass murderer for all the world to see? Because that's exactly what the murderer wanted?
Two separate subjects. Your thread is about the 12 year old online suicide video.

If you want to talk about mass murderer, start another thread.

There is no benefit leaving the 12 year old suicide video online, period.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:53 AM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Quote:
It's also gut wrenching sad. I am so pissed off at her family! What a bunch of ....!
The cops have the video, her allegations will be investigated. Since she is not here to testify, it's going to be difficult to sort out. It's probably best not to make to many assumptions.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:56 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-po...121600809.html

This is about a 12-year-old girl taking her own life but she livestreamed it on Facebook. Her family is contacting everybody to remove her video.

Here's my question. I fully understand why the family is taking down the video and feel bad for their terrible loss but isn't taking down the video very disrespectful to the young girl?

The girl's last wish was to share the video on her Facebook, no? Now her last wish was not being respected at all.
She was 12 years old and suicidal. Her wishes might have changed within a few hours had anyone reached out to help her.

Heaven forbid another desperate young person view this and decide to do the same thing. What possible good does it do to have this video floating around out there?

Quote:
You can't rationalize a suicidal mind.

I think her parents' voice should be heard. That video needs to be removed. She was 12 years old. It's pretty sad that facebook didn't remove that video, they should have. I think they will, in time. Just watch.
I heard yesterday that they have tried; as has twitter, youtube, and wherever they found it. However, no sooner than they removed it - someone would post it to another site.

I can't even imagine watching this poor girl kill herself.

Old 01-14-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
The cops have the video, her allegations will be investigated. Since she is not here to testify, it's going to be difficult to sort out. It's probably best not to make to many assumptions.
Yes, after she killed herself and made a video for the world to see. Finally someone cared enough to look into this. I feel so much better now.

Where were they when she was crying for help?

Old 01-14-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
She was 12 years old and suicidal. Her wishes might have changed within a few hours had anyone reached out to help her.

Heaven forbid another desperate young person view this and decide to do the same thing. What possible good does it do to have this video floating around out there?

I heard yesterday that they have tried; as has twitter, youtube, and wherever they found it. However, no sooner than they removed it - someone would post it to another site.

I can't even imagine watching this poor girl kill herself.
Plenty of good. It gets people talk about and think about their children.

Old 01-14-2017, 10:21 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
It depends on the law in countries where the video is re-posted.

For instance in the UK Authorities can access facebook accounts and can take action under legislation such as the Malicious Communications Act 1988, Communications Act 2003, Public Order Act 1988, Contempt of Court Act 1981 etc and have far more powers in relation to harrasement, stalking, incitement, grossly offensive or malicious posts and numerous other offences committed on social media.

Warning about posting abuse on Twitter and Facebook - BBC Newsbeat

House of Lords - Social media and criminal offences - Communications Committee

Police Computer Hacking Powers and Civil Liberties - UK

Last edited by Brave New World; 01-14-2017 at 10:38 AM..

Old 01-14-2017, 10:25 AM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
To each his own.

I firmly believe that we have the right to choose the way we live and die. To many people, suicide is a way out of their miserable life. Should it be glorified or romanticized? That's their choice and I'd respect that. To some, suicide is a way to make other people feel bad.
Did you ever state who you have lost to suicide? It was asked repeatedly but I missed your response.

Old 01-14-2017, 11:44 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Two separate subjects. Your thread is about the 12 year old online suicide video.

If you want to talk about mass murderer, start another thread.

There is no benefit leaving the 12 year old suicide video online, period.
Quite honestly, I don't see the benefit of broadcasting a mass murder either.

Old 01-14-2017, 11:53 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Quite honestly, I don't see the benefit of broadcasting a mass murder either.
Same here. I feel the same way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies