Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2017, 07:59 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Trump was wrong, as usual. Trump is SO quick to criticize fellow Americans; yet so reluctant to do the same with Putin. Why?

Lastly, Trump spent YEARS trying to questions Obama's legitimacy has a President and NOW wants to crawl into a corner because John Lewis questioned his.

Trump needs to toughen up.
Dear,

If you have to call in Putin to defend Lewis, then you have lost the argument on being tough.

That only says that you can't defend the Race Huckster Lewis with any argument based on logic or fact. But if you are happy with his Democrat Plantation then I won't stand in your way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 08:03 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
^^^doesn't understand how government works. Typical of Trump cultists.
Rep Lewis doesn't know how our government works, especially in regards to elections.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:05 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Trump isn't the boss. All branches of the government are separate.
This fact often seems lost on this forum.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:06 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yeah, because we all know major international hub airports are located adjacent to upscale neighborhoods.

Sarcasm, for those who don't get it.
Not directly adjacent, but nearby? Absolutely.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:41 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Trump gets to the point in his latest statements on Lewis. Lewis simply isn't doing an effective job for his district and should refocus.

The data backs up Trump. Lewis' district ranks very poorly. He's been around a long time. He has failed his people.

https://talkpoverty.org/cd-year-repo...5-report-2016/

Lewis started the firestorm and threw out the bait. Trump could have ignored it or picked up the phone and suggested they were more effective when they work together. Instead, Trump chose to take the bait and fire back on Twitter with remarks that made no sense.

A House Member is elected by the people to make Federal Laws. A House Member has no local authority.

Trump, used his celebrity to become the face of the birther issue- challenging the legitimacy of a sitting president.

He did manage a better message, jobs and tax cuts and refused to get bogged down in the how than his opponent. He challenged the legitimacy of the Electorial College process before the election.

He lost the popular vote and won the Electorial College. Had the outcome been the opposite, his supporters were unlikely to go quietly into the night.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:46 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Dear,

If you have to call in Putin to defend Lewis, then you have lost the argument on being tough.

That only says that you can't defend the Race Huckster Lewis with any argument based on logic or fact. But if you are happy with his Democrat Plantation then I won't stand in your way.
Oh, is this the new talking point?

With regard to the Civil Rights hero, John Lewis, I am a fan. While Donald Trump was busy avoiding the draft due to a lame 'bone spur" and then stating that avoiding an STD was his own 'personal Vietnam"; John Lewis was being beaten and jailed while fighting for civil rights.

IF you choose to characterize him as a 'race huckster"; that tells me all I need to know.

That IS - you have no logic or fact, a phrase you regularly use when you have nothing.

Dear.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:47 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Not directly adjacent, but nearby? Absolutely.
As if Chicago's Gold Coast is anywhere near O'Hare.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:58 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
I don't know much about Mr. Lewis. Before he attacked Trump I honestly had never heard of him. Not my region of the country.
John McCain is a war hero. I voted for him. I liked that he was against ear marks and pork. I respect him for serving his country. That doesn't mean that I think he deserves a free pass. He is also a war hawk. I disagree with his ideas about involving the USA in every brush fire around the globe. I disagreed with his choice of VP.
I can respect someone while disagreeing with them. Trump obviously can't. That doesn't excuse others of the same failing.
Trump won the election. Mr. Lewis can't change that and won't change that.

Mr. Lewis may be a civil rights hero from 50 years ago. I respect him for his courage and fortitude. That doesn't mean that he is always right or deserves to be treated any differently than any other career politician. At the end of the day he is a well paid public servant who enjoys benefits the majority of us would love to have. He like all public servants is pampered.
Trump could have been more respectful, but then again, so could have Mr. Lewis.
The left didn't like the way President Obama was treated by some or many on the right. Now they are behaving the exact same way. Hypocrisy isn't limited to one party.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:01 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I don't know much about Mr. Lewis. Before he attacked Trump I honestly had never heard of him. Not my region of the country.
John McCain is a war hero. I voted for him. I liked that he was against ear marks and pork. I respect him for serving his country. That doesn't mean that I think he deserves a free pass. He is also a war hawk. I disagree with his ideas about involving the USA in every brush fire around the globe. I disagreed with his choice of VP.
I can respect someone while disagreeing with them. Trump obviously can't. That doesn't excuse others of the same failing.
Trump won the election. Mr. Lewis can't change that and won't change that.

Mr. Lewis may be a civil rights hero from 50 years ago. I respect him for his courage and fortitude. That doesn't mean that he is always right or deserves to be treated any differently than any other career politician. At the end of the day he is a well paid public servant who enjoys benefits the majority of us would love to have. He like all public servants is pampered.
Trump could have been more respectful, but then again, so could have Mr. Lewis.
The left didn't like the way President Obama was treated by some or many on the right. Now they are behaving the exact same way. Hypocrisy isn't limited to one party.
Turnabout is fair play. President-elect Trump spent YEARS questioning the legitimacy of President Obama.

Now he cries on twitter because someone else questioned his.

Too bad.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:02 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,960,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
As if Chicago's Gold Coast is anywhere near O'Hare.
No, but Illinois 9th District includes both Ohare and all of Chicago's wealthy North Shore suburbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies