Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2017, 04:22 PM

500 posts, read 319,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I don't think you have given any definition. But no matter. Got anything to say about Mooch in praising the race huckster John Lewis because he said that Trump is illegitimate?

They both sound like they are cut from the same mold.
...and they are both as ugly as sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 04:22 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
MEH!

The Dems lost and are proving to be sore losers with tons of excuses... except the one which they deny. They fielded the worst candidate in modern history and expected to win... just because!

Let the rats continue to show how THEY don;t care for what the people think, or for the Constitution.

Hypocrites revealing themselves and turning millions of people off will ensure a super majority for the Pubs in 2018.

The King family has been backing Trump all along. Dr. Alveda King has been supporting him since he announced.
A niece of MLK backed Trump, but not the whole family.

Old 01-16-2017, 04:25 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,193,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You wish.....

She is leaving the White House as one of the most popular and accomplished First Ladies EVER!
Just another job she had that she got paid for and didn't have to show up.

Old 01-16-2017, 04:25 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Mooch, the First Lady who accomplished absolutely nothing while her husband was in office, takes the last few days of his administration to praise the race huckster John Lewis. Of course he is only in the press because the always corrupt MSM, led by NBC, is parading him for his show boating on Trump.

This is the same woman who said the White House was a Slave House, said Americans no longer had hope, and who refused to take the traditional couple's photo of the incoming and outgoing first couple.

Michelle Obama enters Trump row with John Lewis on MLK day | Daily Mail Online

Meanwhile, Trump is holding a meeting with MLK's son.

You need to start calling the first lady of the United States of America Dr. Jurisprudence Michelle Obama.....LOL...

Hey for your information Dr. Martin Luther King son has more in common and is in agreement with Dr. Michelle Obama than with Donald Trump.

Old 01-16-2017, 04:28 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
What she said was:
One can argue what "example" she is talking about, do current events count?
I know what Michelle wrote. The question is how does what she wrote equate to "praising John Lewis FOR declaring that Trump is Illegitimate?"

Old 01-16-2017, 04:29 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
check your facts, there are members of the family, not just her who are apposed to what Lewis is doing and saying. Nowhere has anyone claimed the entire family is behind Trump.

as for Lewis, I rarely call anyone deplorable or disgusting but this is an exception. MLK would never not attend an inauguration if he were a congressman. In fact had he lived we would not have some of the problems we have today.
The title of this thread is mlk family not in agreement with Lewis..., so check your facts. Where does it say that the family disagrees with Lewis?

And yes, the OP said the family supports Trump, which is not true, so please get your facts straight.

Old 01-16-2017, 04:36 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
Just another job she had that she got paid for and didn't have to show up.

Michelle not only showed up, she excelled.

Think you will be able to say the same of Melania someday? MELANIA.....the FIRST LADY.....not Ivanka! LOL!!!!!

Old 01-16-2017, 04:42 PM

3,886 posts, read 4,539,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I don't know. I don't get it BB. Reasonable, good people have lost their collective minds.

Death threats to electors if they vote for Trump? Death threats to a marvelous person and gifted artist such as Bocelli? Death threats to the Talladega College President--from alumni and more--because his wonderful college band is playing at the inauguration (which turns out to be the greatest fund raising event they have ever had, not to mention the students get to see history right before their eyes in what is supposed to be a celebration of a peaceful transition)?
I just heard about the death threats to people wanting to entertain at the inauguration. It's horrible! WTF?

Has it really come to the point where "leftist" threats are taken just as seriously as Islamist threats? Really?

I hope the others who are planning to play stay defiant. I'm no Trump fan. Didn't vote for him and there are days I believe there are men in white coats and a big net waiting in the wings to take him away, so if artist are opposed because of their own personal reasons fine, however, this intimidation business is beyond the pale, and trumps the Trump in just plain wrong!

Old 01-16-2017, 04:44 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
At this point, I'm tired of Donald snapping back on Twitter. I wish he would stop it because it's giving everyone even more reason to say he's unfit to be president. He's just handing out bullets to the media so they can shoot him with it.
At this point, I'm tired of others making cheap shots at a Trump and accusing of things that have been PROVEN to NOT be true.

"If you can't take it DON'T dish it out"

And "Don't start a fight you are afraid to finish"

The vast amount of these things are people attacking trump FIRST and he has EVERY right to defend himself.

I used to tell my kids, "Do NOT start a fight BUt, if some one else throws the first punch, do EVERYTHING you can to throw the last"

If these people DON'T want a fight, DON'T start one.

Old 01-16-2017, 04:45 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,389,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I don't see John Lewis a legitimate congressman supporting the values of America and he has the company of others in congress just like him. FH

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies