Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 04:15 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,561,223 times

Advertisements

The biggest thing that troubled me about the presser was the clapping and applauding from Trump's supporters. I've worked these kind of events for some thirty years as a videographer, photographer, sound tech, lighting and such. The first one I ever did was as an intern and in no uncertain terms, rule number one was "No Cheering in the Pressbox". That is sacrosanct.

Either have a press conference or a rally. The two are mutually exclusive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 04:38 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
So Donny goes about 190 days without a press conference and then announces "ta da" that he will deign to expose himself to the press and us this past Wednesday. And here is what we got:

His two stepford son's dutifully smiling and stiffly standing on the stage with Reince Priebus as props, who all said nothing throughout the entire presser.

Sean Spicer kicking things off, and setting the wrong tone, by angrily denouncing the press and asking CNN for an apology for reporting on a story about Donny being the target of possible incriminating news gathered by his buddies the Russians.

Next Donny strides to the stage letting us know he doesn't really have any conflicts as he is the President and can do anything he wants, but just to show how magnanimous he is he, announces he just turned down a 2 billion dollar business deal from a Saudi "swell".

He then takes a few questions which he doesn't answer, and turns the proceedings over to a $1,000 an hour wall street attorney, who starts babbling about how great Donny is, has best intentions, points to a mountain of papers on a table and breathlessly announces the trust has been set up, and Donny's kids will take it from here, and of course never speak to Daddy about the businesses ever again! Now no more conflict of interest questions please.

Donny then shuffles back to center stage takes a few more questions without any intelligible answers, says the repeal and replacement of Obamacare is a walk in the park, will happen soon and simultaneously - all worked out no problem.

Poor Jim Acosta from CNN dares to attempt to get a question in, and is angrily and nastily shouted down by Donny who refers to CNN as fake news, dishonest press member, blah blah blah. Takes a few more questions and then thanks everyone for coming.

The whole thing was a circus and a clown show and not befitting of the standard we have all come to expect under past Presidents of any stripe. Happy Trumpies?
Was the attorney from Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, the law firm advising President-elect Donald Trump on handling his business conflicts that won the Russia Law Firm of the Year award in 2016?

Donald Trump's Legal Team Won a 'Russia Law Firm of The Year' Award | Fortune.com

Old 01-13-2017, 04:45 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Fake news means fake press conference.
My favorite fake answer/tweet of Trump's was him saying that the Russians said they don't have anything on him which in his mind is supposed to prove that they don't have anything him.

Old 01-13-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
The biggest thing that troubled me about the presser was the clapping and applauding from Trump's supporters. I've worked these kind of events for some thirty years as a videographer, photographer, sound tech, lighting and such. The first one I ever did was as an intern and in no uncertain terms, rule number one was "No Cheering in the Pressbox". That is sacrosanct.

This was a press confrontation, not a press conference.

Fairly clear this was a set up for Trump to call out CNN for "fake news" so he and Kellyanne could spin the story of his cavorting with Russian hookers to how CNN was putting out lies about him.

CNN did not put out this report. They put out that Trump had been informed about this report.

Anderson Cooper spend a good deal of time verbally wrestling Kellyanne Conway to the ground on this point. Interestingly enough, she did not accuse Clinton of cavorting with hookers, so perhaps that well-Clinton-did-it-too strategy isn't working out as well as it used to.

Nonetheless, she kept jabbering on how CNN lied about Trump. Which they did not.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 01-13-2017 at 05:57 PM..

Old 01-13-2017, 04:47 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
Fake thread.

Old 01-13-2017, 04:50 PM

The table piled with empty folders and blank papers was so odd.

Why give a visual representation of all your potential conflicts of interests?

Like Bush looking for imaginary WMDs under imaginary furniture, I suspect this prop table will remain as the perfect visual metaphor for Trump.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 01-13-2017 at 06:19 PM..

Old 01-13-2017, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
My favorite fake answer/tweet of Trump's was him saying that the Russians said they don't have anything on him which in his mind is supposed to prove that they don't have anything him.
That was odd, wasn't it?

Equally odd was the notion that we are expected to believe Trump is turning his all his business matters over to his two numbnut sons and will check in with them in four years.

Now does anyone actually believe that?

Other than Kellyanne Conway, of course.

Old 01-13-2017, 05:42 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,149,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the conference was yesterday, we had thousands of posts about it.
yet you feel the need for a thread you can call your own...
Don't like it then don't read it, or start your own.

Mods haven't closed it so guess they seem some value.

Old 01-13-2017, 05:45 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I liked the tweet about leaking the dossier, in which he said 1. the dossier never happened, and 2. the dossier's contents shouldn't have been leaked.

Old 01-13-2017, 05:45 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post

So you'll be the one to provide documentation/video to confirm who exactly cheered/clapped and what their relation to Trump is, if any.

Finally!

*sits back, takes a sip of wine, and patiently waits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies