Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 04:34 PM

1,194 posts, read 726,143 times

Advertisements

Go ahead see how well you can maintain your lifestyle for the next 4 years if your not working. Enjoy flying coach, because private air will bankrupt most working actors. With Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and HBO Go, I have enough shows and movies to get me through the next 15 years let alone 4. The average person wouldn't be phased the slightest.

Quote:
“We’re calling for a general strike that would include every single person involved in making motion pictures in Hollywood, starting with the actors and celebrities themselves and encompassing companies in charge of making props, movie memorabilia and even souvenir shops.”
Celebrities Call For 'Total Hollywood Strike' Until Trump Resigns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 04:37 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, and HBO all pay to use those movies which then pays the people in those movies royalties.

Thanks for supporting Hollywood with your monthly subscriptions.

Old 01-13-2017, 04:47 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, and HBO all pay to use those movies which then pays the people in those movies royalties.

Thanks for supporting Hollywood with your monthly subscriptions.
Thanks to the OP also for proving the article is clickbait.

Old 01-13-2017, 04:49 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Go ahead see how well you can maintain your lifestyle for the next 4 years if your not working. Enjoy flying coach, because private air will bankrupt most working actors. With Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and HBO Go, I have enough shows and movies to get me through the next 15 years let alone 4. The average person wouldn't be phased the slightest.

According to your reference, wealthy stars are asking everyone in the movie business, including lowly paid in the movie industry, to boycott work for a month. LOL. Poor millionaires. Are they offering to pay the mortgages, grocery, gas, medical bills of the low level movie employees to do this? I didn't see that offer.

Spinzon reports:*Rosie O’Donnell, Debra Messing, Ed Asner and Michael Shannon are among the dozens of artists, entertainers, and activists who have attached their names to an effort calling for a month-long protest to stop President-elect Donald Trump.

Old 01-13-2017, 04:50 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
As I have said before, this is a way for them to get their names and faces in front of people without divorcing, marrying, getting pregnant or adopting a child.

It is sad when a citizen makes political decisions based on "celebrities", but well, some people really aren't able to think for themselves.

Old 01-13-2017, 04:51 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Dear Hollywood celebrities,

It’s time to wake up now. Get this! The only reason you exist is for my entertainment. Some of you are beautiful. Some of you can deliver a line with such conviction that you bring tears to my eyes. Some of you are so convincing that you scare the crap out of me. And others are so funny you can make me laugh uncontrollably. But you all have one thing in common. You only exist and have a place in my world to entertain me. That’s it. Nothing else!

You make your living pretending to be someone else. You play dress-up like a 5-year-old. Your world is a make believe world. It is not real. It doesn’t exist. You live for the camera while the rest of us live in the real world. Your entire existence depends on my patronage. I crank the organ grinder, and you dance.

Therefore, I don’t care where you stand on issues. Honestly, your opinion means nothing to me. Just because you had a lead role in a movie about prostitution doesn’t mean you know what it’s like to be a prostitute. Your view matters far less to me than that of a someone living in Timbuktu .

Believe me or not, the hard truth is that you aren’t real. I turn off my TV or shut down my computer, and you cease to exist. Once I am done with you, I go back to the real world until I want you to entertain me again.

I don’t care that you think BP executives deserve the death penalty. I don’t care what you think about the environment. I don’t care if you believe fracking is bad. I don’t care if you call for more gun control. I don’t care if you believe in catastrophic human-induced global warming. And I could care less that you supported Hillary for President. Get back into your bubble. I’ll let you know when I’m in the mood for something pretty or scary or funny.

And one other thing. What was with all this “I’ll leave the country if Donald Trump wins”? Don’t you know how stupid that made you sound? What did you think my reaction was going to be? I better not vote for Trump or we’ll lose Whoopi Goldberg? Al Sharpton? Amy Schumer? Leave. I don’t care! And don’t let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. Oh by the way, is Clinton returning any of the money you so generously donated to her election?

Make me laugh. Make me cry. Even scare me. But realize this, the only words of yours that matter are scripted — just like your pathetic little lives. I may agree with some of you from time to time, but in the final analysis, it doesn’t matter. In my world, you exist solely for my entertainment. So, shut your pie hole and dance, monkey, DANCE!

Old 01-13-2017, 04:52 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post

LOL, you have no idea how those work, do you?

Old 01-13-2017, 04:55 PM

778 posts, read 339,208 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95HMg1l13EM Best response ever!

Old 01-13-2017, 04:55 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,985,438 times
They live in their own little pathetic, plastic worlds not in tuned with REALITY and the struggle of the every day normal person.

Old 01-13-2017, 05:07 PM

1,092 posts, read 832,617 times
These pinheads obviously think that they & their opinions are important! And who could blame them! Our country has enabled these "entertainers," i.e.: movie "stars," musicians (all genres), professional athletes, etc., by placing them on high pedestals & then worshipping their every move & word. (Hence the popularity of TV shows like Entertainment Tonight!) We the people, further enable them by attending movies, concerts, games (all at ridiculous prices to pay for the ridiculous wages they have negotiated for themselves!). They have no idea of "OUR" every day lives. I will wager that they WILL NOT STRIKE, RIOT or LEAVE THE COUNTRY!!! They will not risk losing $$$, attention, the chance to stir the pot or whine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies