Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 11:43 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Given his inability to accept even the slightest bit of meaningless criticism I don't see him lasting 4 years, never mind 8. A 'medical' issue 'forcing' resignation wouldn't surprise me in the least.

People like him take their ball and go home when the rules aren't to their liking.
As long as he can capitalize and fill his coffers via his plethora of conflicts of interests, he'll stick it out for as long as possible or until he's given the boot by the GOP if they feel that he is causing them problems that will interfere with their agendas or their own reelections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 11:45 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,204 times
Hillary won the illegal immigrant vote - she should be president.

Old 01-15-2017, 03:59 AM

1 posts, read 361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Its going to keep on for 8 years. All the vitriol about Bush really bothered me but its different now, I love their pain.
Try 4 years instead of 8, that is if he isn't impeached or found guilty of treason before then.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:03 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,106,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurasnoPeach View Post
Try 4 years instead of 8, that is if he isn't impeached or found guilty of treason before then.
My bet is on impeachment, as a water downed compromise from an actual crime of treason. People need to save face.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:09 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurasnoPeach View Post
I bet on prediction markets for fun. I bought some bets saying that Trump would have articles of impeachment filed within the first 100 days. it went from a 8% probability to a 12 today. I sold half of it right away.

I expect to either buy it again at 8%, and wait for people to have another freakout, and sell it-again, or run the risk of losing the remaining half of the bet if he gets arrested before the 20th.

Either way I am amused.

I think the first time he challenges the GOP on something they want. Thats when they will impeach him to get Pence. Thats the problem with getting a political VP when you are the outsider....hes one of them.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:14 AM

2,325 posts, read 2,651,885 times
I'll be fine - great job, insurance, large savings account. But, ironically, I have relatives in eastern KY - poor, not much education, on disability for a few years - poor and not well informed. They think the Democrats are their enemy. Truth is, they are part of that "drain on society" that Republicans complain about so rabidly. They voted for Trump and they will be the ones who suffer.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:09 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Funny that Republicans WHINED for 8 years over a black man as president. Trump was the leader crying about Obama not being a citizen and fron Kenya. We had to endure your crying and Obstruction for 8 years and believe me it was tiring. Now, the major crier and malcontent is elected to office by telling lies and making himself look like a teenager with all the tweeting in the middle of the night. He refuses to show his income tax returns so we will know who he is indebted to and he also refuses to cooperate with attorneys telling him to put his investments in a blind trust. This man cannot be criticized without taking offense. He is so thin skinned it's ridiculous. He hasn't even taken office yet and he has started trouble with several country's.
This guy has called for Russia to hack Hillary's emails. They did. He never blames Russia for anything because maybe they have something on him? What are we to think when he won't even believe his own security staff? Everyone else seems to know the facts but Trump. He won't here of Putin being criticized.
Because I'm not excited about this guy taking office, it's my prerogative. I'm not the only one.
Funny that Republicans WHINED for 8 years over a black man as president. Had nothing to do with race, it was about competence
Trump was the leader crying about Obama not being a citizen and fron Kenya. Move on.
We had to endure your crying and Obstruction for 8 years and believe me it was tiring. Obama is a 'my way of the highway' kind of a guy..... he would not work with anyone on anything.
Now, the major crier and malcontent is elected to office by telling lies and making himself look like a teenager with all the tweeting in the middle of the night. It's the left who won't SHUT UP about the election results. And, Trump's tweeting allowed him to bypass the media and probably won him the election!
He refuses to show his income tax returns so we will know who he is indebted to and he also refuses to cooperate with attorneys telling him to put his investments in a blind trust. Stop bellyaching about the tax returns! You don't get to see them.
This man cannot be criticized without taking offense. He is so thin skinned it's ridiculous. He hasn't even taken office yet and he has started trouble with several country's. On this one you have a point.
This guy has called for Russia to hack Hillary's emails. They did. He never blames Russia for anything because maybe they have something on him? What are we to think when he won't even believe his own security staff? Everyone else seems to know the facts but Trump. He won't here of Putin being criticized.
Because I'm not excited about this guy taking office, it's my prerogative. I'm not the only one. In a dangerous world we need Russia as an ally or at least not an enemy.

Old 01-16-2017, 09:16 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,085,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
I'll be fine - great job, insurance, large savings account. But, ironically, I have relatives in eastern KY - poor, not much education, on disability for a few years - poor and not well informed. They think the Democrats are their enemy. Truth is, they are part of that "drain on society" that Republicans complain about so rabidly. They voted for Trump and they will be the ones who suffer.
Obama had many years to fix poverty but it actually got worse.

Old 01-16-2017, 09:30 PM

32,066 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Funny that Republicans WHINED for 8 years over a black man as president. Had nothing to do with race, it was about competence
Trump was the leader crying about Obama not being a citizen and fron Kenya. Move on.
We had to endure your crying and Obstruction for 8 years and believe me it was tiring. Obama is a 'my way of the highway' kind of a guy..... he would not work with anyone on anything.
Now, the major crier and malcontent is elected to office by telling lies and making himself look like a teenager with all the tweeting in the middle of the night. It's the left who won't SHUT UP about the election results. And, Trump's tweeting allowed him to bypass the media and probably won him the election!
He refuses to show his income tax returns so we will know who he is indebted to and he also refuses to cooperate with attorneys telling him to put his investments in a blind trust. Stop bellyaching about the tax returns! You don't get to see them.
This man cannot be criticized without taking offense. He is so thin skinned it's ridiculous. He hasn't even taken office yet and he has started trouble with several country's. On this one you have a point.
Because I'm not excited about this guy taking office, it's my prerogative. I'm not the only one. In a dangerous world we need Russia as an ally or at least not an enemy.
I could address each or your answers but I will choose this one. Are you freaking kidding me. We don't need Russia, Russia needs us. And that's why Putin has started this bromance with Trump. Do you think you know more about what's going on with Russia than our senate foreign relations committee or anyone else in the know.

Old 01-16-2017, 09:37 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

I spent a week at a friend's family horse breeding ranch in Saratoga NY last May and in all that time I never saw as much horse-**** as this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies