Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2017, 04:27 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Then why on earth did libs vote for Hilary instead of the candidate who would have given that to them?
I'm just as puzzled by this as you are about dense headed right wingers. I mean how dense do you have to be to have a man screaming basic single payer at your face and you elect the "mandate" mama Hilary instead.

No reason to blame this on the right, it's been proven Sanders would have beaten Trump. This falls on your shoulders, not the rights. The libs gave you this outcome. Here, I'll let this video explain it to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

Pay attention to this ^
No one can promise 'universal healthcare" and neither could Bernie. Matter of fact, he could not name one politician who he could count on to help get votes.

YES, this was a problem.

It's never, ever been proven that Bernie would have beaten Trump. I think Trump would have crushed him like a bug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 04:38 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
I am so sick of all of this "Beenie totally would have won" BS. Bernie talked a great game. And there was zero plan how any of those grand ideas would get funded or executed. Bernie has zero allies in Congress, and somehow that would change? For a lifelong politician, Bernje was really outsider.
Until there are time machines, we can't predict what could have been.

Old 01-14-2017, 04:45 PM

1,438 posts, read 779,237 times
Quote:
Why do people act like pre existing coverage wasn't available before Obamacare?

Not to many mention this but before Obcare there were 35 states with a high-risk pool…High-risk pools gives health insurance to people whose medical history makes it hard or impossible to get find coverage.

The states that didn't have that had another provisions like guaranteed issue states, pre-existing conditions couldn't be excluded at all by law: New Jersey, New York, Maine, Massachusetts, and Vermont. And, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, and Idaho had guaranteed issue with a few restrictions but still people could get insured with pre existing conditions.

I see this touted a lot about a reason to keep ACA. I am not sure why? Scare tactic? Who knows. I'm thinking the ones saying this don't really have a pre existing condition or they'd probably know.

Once ACA was instated the states dropped this because they didn't need it. But, I'm wondering if they will bring it back. It was better than ACA most of the time, and a lot of people complained when they were switched.
High risk pools are an insurance company's dream: privatize profits and socialize losses.

Old 01-14-2017, 04:57 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No one can promise 'universal healthcare" and neither could Bernie. Matter of fact, he could not name one politician who he could count on to help get votes.

YES, this was a problem.

It's never, ever been proven that Bernie would have beaten Trump. I think Trump would have crushed him like a bug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I am so sick of all of this "Beenie totally would have won" BS. Bernie talked a great game. And there was zero plan how any of those grand ideas would get funded or executed. Bernie has zero allies in Congress, and somehow that would change? For a lifelong politician, Bernje was really outsider.
Until there are time machines, we can't predict what could have been.
Right! So the libs should keep blaming the right for their healthcare blues. I don't think so. They had a chance that was better than Hilary and they blew it. Not the rights fault. I'm sick of hearing it.

It's just more chatter, batter and blame. They say they wanted a universal system and they elected the mandate queen. Makes me realize it's just b.s. and they are using whatever they can to call people on the right names. Same ole' story.

President Sanders? Bernie would have beaten Trump - LA Times

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.0e22789e4938

I'm not alone in thinking Bernie could have won. Even Trump said he was way more worried about Bernie than Hilary. I'm not saying it would have been a sure win but at least this crying going on now would have made more sense.

Old 01-14-2017, 04:58 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
High risk pools are an insurance company's dream: privatize profits and socialize losses.
Oh,and a mandated for profit system is worlds better. Yeah, right!
The fact is people with pre existing conditions weren't without options before Obamacare.

What we should do is go back to cold hard cash.

Old 01-14-2017, 05:14 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
The only part of ACA I'll like is when it's repealed.

Old 01-14-2017, 05:20 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
I'll fear the effects when insurance returns to pre-ACA ways and we see the amount of bankruptcies like I nearly had to do as well as my parents over medical issues I had through various times.

Old 01-14-2017, 05:23 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,758,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Exactly, I worked in medical billing for years and its crazy the amount of bills people ran up who had no insurance. You can make small payments each month and most debts dont get turned over to collections

Some people dont understand that unless you have a mandate that requires people to have health insurance, alot of people wont pay for ihealth insurnace because they know they will get treated and wont have to pay. Health insurance should be like auto insurance auto insurance is to provide financial protection against physical damage and/or bodily injury resulting from traffic collisions and against liability that could also arise there from

When you have a large uninsured population here in the U.S. it becomes a massive cost to the system . Over the years it contributed to a National Healthcare Expenditure of $3 trillion per year (about 18% of GDP) - and was growing at about 5% per year.
Even some people here won't pay for car insurance. It's hit and run with some of them. My experience with two accidents, cops look the other way. What makes you think people will be willing to pay. It's a law here for people to carry car insurance.

Old 01-14-2017, 05:25 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The only part of ACA I'll like is when it's repealed.

self insured- have cash to pay for the next emergency great! good for you -

Old 01-14-2017, 05:31 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Right! So the libs should keep blaming the right for their healthcare blues. I don't think so. They had a chance that was better than Hilary and they blew it. Not the rights fault. I'm sick of hearing it.

It's just more chatter, batter and blame. They say they wanted a universal system and they elected the mandate queen. Makes me realize it's just b.s. and they are using whatever they can to call people on the right names. Same ole' story.

President Sanders? Bernie would have beaten Trump - LA Times

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.0e22789e4938

I'm not alone in thinking Bernie could have won. Even Trump said he was way more worried about Bernie than Hilary. I'm not saying it would have been a sure win but at least this crying going on now would have made more sense.
Trump said that BECAUSE he wanted Bernie to win.

Guess why?

Anyhoo, why do Trumplets care? You weren't voting for Bernie anyway.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...trump-election

https://medium.com/@sashastone/ten-r...c93#.65xa579qd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies