Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 08:37 PM

649 posts, read 316,346 times

Advertisements

Lewis is a slug .

Old 01-14-2017, 08:40 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Savage View Post
Lewis is a slug .
Reminds me of Jabba the Hutt.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:43 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Unfortunately only white racists were made into pariahs. Black racism is running amok.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:43 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Really stupid move on trump's part. Lewis is a civil rights icon. More and more Dems boycotting inauguration. Up to 11 at last count.

MLK weekend too, when all kinds of gatherings are held and service performed in MLK's honor and memory.
Lewis had it coming. Trump punched another of the left's sacred cows in the nose, which is the same "stupid move" he has been making for the past year and a half and the reason he was elected.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:47 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Really stupid move on trump's part. Lewis is a civil rights icon. More and more Dems boycotting inauguration. Up to 11 at last count.

MLK weekend too, when all kinds of gatherings are held and service performed in MLK's honor and memory.

Nah. What is a stupid move is how this crap is alienating people like me who swore never to vote Republican again and supported Obama particularly in 2008 . I am now swearing never to deal with Democrats ever again unless they change their ways. I still hate Republicans, but this treasonous behavior is even worse that Bush.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:48 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Honestly, you are emboldening many with your words. Do you know that during the hearing of Sessions, 3 black members of congress were the last to testify. And the rules were if you weren't there for the full hearing you couldn't testify. Republicans made the rules. Sound familiar to you....sitting in the back of the bus.
Sorry, you people wanted this racial identity world we live in, you get it. You won. You just didn't expect at least a significant number of whites to join in. You get the **** with the sugar.

It's no longer going to be a one way street.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:48 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Most on CNN panel say this is final straw. Lewis is a civil rights icon and this proves Trump is against civil rights for African Americans. Now Trump is starting with the poor guy.

What do you guys think? Has Trump gone too far in picking on this congressman?
This Congressman tweeted that Trump will be an illegitimate president, which is as inflammatory, dangerous to this nation, and personal as it gets. He's absolutely 110% fair game after that, no question about it.

The congressman is an adult. Not a snowflake. He can lie in the bed that he made and he can fight his own battles. We don't give politicians in this nation lifetime passes for their history. If they expect that, they'd do better hustling with a speaking circuit than trying to claim Teflon status as a congressman.

And CNN is in the lowest of gutters in terms of status as a valid news org, maybe permanently, as far as at least half of this nation is concerned. They can preach to the liberal echo chamber with whatever crazy opinion that they might have, the same as Infowars does to certain segment of the Right, but that does not mean that what they present is legit news or deserves to be discussed nationally anymore.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:50 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
trump is a hot mess, his supporters encourage and support his ill temperament.
Actually, I don't think he is racist per sae ..But he sure knows his Target followers! He knows there about 20% them are racists..so feeds them their stipends ..the rest of them seem to understand what he says is JUST talk and don't believe he capable to harming those he speaks about to hatefully.

But what's actually happening post election..IS what he is doing in preparation for taking office.. The billionaires, known Senators with long history of voting against ALL those who expect support. Then of course SOS candidate ..and Trump's denial of Russian connections etc.. Many Trump supporters are starting to realize now and regret their votes. Too late..Unleashed a megalomaniac who's going to run an administration that will no doubt run contrary to Constitutional Laws. He says ( trust me) I will blah blah blah.. Unfortunately Congress GOP just may come to realize..Trump just may be so self ingratiating and believes his own hype..THAT Federal Laws just may cause they themselves to be compromised legally!

He may not be racists, bigoted or a any other biased view... BUT he sure is one "EQUAL OPPORTUNISTS" as he has no regard for civil rights, human rights, Constitution, Normal behaviour in Governing .. He is stuck on Hitting anyone who doesn't agree with HATEFUL, derogatory tweets.. Instead he SHOULD be saying..I'm sorry so and so doesn't agree..maybe coming together we can come to some sort of whatever..

Trump wants~~ You are either with me or AGINST me..IF Against..I will mutilate you. Only difference with Trump versus Putin is..HE will use WORDS to demonize..Putin KILL's those who he feels isn't following HIS dictatorial commands. Even suspected not ..BAM..DEAD.. Amazing the number of Putin's flunkeys have heart attacks ...SMH!! At least that's what Putin Police suggest..even before Body is retrieved from crime scene!! Pre-written response to anyone who is found dead

Anyway..Trump's racist comments may NOT be related to his views.. BUT what is TRUTH..His ability to take advantage of his "Target Groups" and marketing showmanship... Oh..That's what back in the day what "Snake Oil" Salesman did back when... Trump has just adapted same agenda to modern society!! Good Luck IF anyone expects to get even a portion of what he promised .. Government auto- is oppositional..NOT a Business when one is in CONTROL..Different venue..Trump is at the base of that "Bell-Curve" of learning and understanding .. !!

Old 01-14-2017, 08:57 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
so far trump has insulted John McCain about his military history and now he's attacked a civil rights icon and blindly called his district crime riddled. But, people still defend this clown.
Again, supposedly Teflon politicians. No dice, insofar as the electorate is concerned. McCain would stab his brother in the back if it meant Saudi money, and he's a core part of the rot that let the Neocon regimes run amok. He absolutely has to be unseated, and absolutely must be mercilessly criticized.

Your "civil rights icon" has a typing thumb that got him into trouble. There is no 'free salvation' card to get him out of that. Adults pay for their actions, no matter who they are. Not on the Left, of course, but in the real world that extends beyond it.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:01 PM

27,547 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
The congressman is an adult. Not a snowflake.
I'm not so sure about that. He appears to be a snowflake congressman.

There may be others out there who will come out of the woodwork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies