Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 03:35 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
This is why Trump is not really the president. Michelle Obama will be president by the summer, it's the only fair thing to do.
Is there a chance you can send me a baggie of whatever it is your smoking since yesterday?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 03:37 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
There are people.......the problem Trump is looking to his liberal buddies. If he would stop looking at bubble-gum chewers and turn toward some rock~n~roll he would have be overflowing with people wanting to play.
There are plenty of rock and country music stars who have turned him down as well. Kind of makes you go , huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
My question to you; why would the left feel that threatening others is a honorable option? These people are not walking away due to change of heart, they're being threatened. Is this what you like?
Jennifer never said she was threatened. She said she was unaware of the people in Trump's administration who were so vehemently anti-LGBT, and once she realized it, she decided she wanted no part of it. She is mindful of her fans and what they want. Just like Trump.

Old 01-14-2017, 03:38 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Who is she ?

Does she ride naked through town on a pony ? If not, who cares !!!!!!!!!!!
That would be Mrs Trump sans pony, but you're right: who cares.

Old 01-14-2017, 03:38 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I predict the protests will be much yuuuuger than the inauguration. Good for her!
How much of a weirdo do you have to be for you to travel to Washington, DC and protest an inauguration?

Old 01-14-2017, 03:43 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,475 times
Geez Donny can't even get "C" listers to perform! By January 20th he'll be down to the F&A lst, better known as family and acquaintances!

Old 01-14-2017, 03:45 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Apparently she is both a Scaredy Cat Snowflake and thinks life revolves around LGBT demands.
I expect all her invitations to White House Events are lost in the mail -- her choice and that's the great thing about this Country. She can choose to make LGBT issues the most important thing in her life, she can choose to be Bullied by the Leftists, she can choose to alienate the people who Voted for and Elected President Trump.
She can choose to be Rude. Good for her.

Am sorry, but you do not know what you are talking about.

Gays and to a degree transgender and or drag queens stuck with and up for Jennifer Holliday after Broadway/NYC theatre turned their backs on her for reasons of their own.

Much of this is because like the character Effie from Dream Girls (where Ms. Holliday got her start and is still famous for the song "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" ..", Miss. Holliday had a weight problem. For this she suffered many professional humiliations (including one NYC gym banning her because she was "too fat").

LGBT community stood by and up again for Miss. Holliday when out of no where Jennifer Hudson burst onto the scene singing "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" and even scoring the role in film version of Dream Girls. Again something Miss. Holliday was seemed "wrong" for because her weight.

None of this even touches upon the personal and professional relationships Miss. Holliday had with gays (as likely comes natural to Broadway and or the entertainment industry), including experiencing the HIV/AIDS crisis . Miss. Holliday like so many others lost many good friends and people she worked with to that plague.

So no, the relationship between Miss. Holliday and the LGBT community is not something new.

PrideSource - Jennifer Holliday On The Career She Never Had, Drag Queen Backlash & Death Threats

In case you've never seen the Tony award winning performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs9ilZijQ4c

Over twenty years later the woman can still bring down the house:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe6N0OucDHM

Old 01-14-2017, 03:47 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Never heard of her. Besides, does anybody remember who performed at the inauguration 4 years ago? Neither do I.
Exactly. I have no clue who she is.

The only reason I vaguely remember any performer at any inauguration was the silly old gal who wore the goofy hat. One of those old Motown queens, but honestly, I can't remember which one. Aretha, maybe? It's the hat I remember. I couldn't tell you what she sang.

And what, pray tell, has Trump done to so enrage the gay people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
If you haven't heard her sing or watch her perform, that's your loss. Exactly! I was ready to post the same thing. When people oppose Trump, suddenly they're unimportant and overrated like Meryl Streep.
How can someone 99% of the population has never heard of be any more unimportant than she already is?

I'll bet if I asked 1000 people of every persuasion, including gay, who she is, none of them would have the vaguest idea.

And, Hon, if you seriously think John Lewis is "respected", wow! Just WOW! Talk about low standards.

Last edited by MyNameIsBellaMia; 01-14-2017 at 04:05 PM..

Old 01-14-2017, 03:50 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Exactly. I have no clue who she is.

The only reason I vaguely remember any performer at any inauguration was the silly old gal who wore the goofy hat. One of those old Motown queens, but honestly, I can't remember which one. Aretha, maybe? It's the hat I remember. I couldn't tell you what she sang.

And what, pray tell, has Trump done to so enrage the gay people?
He made Mike Pence his VP, for starters. But if you're truly interested in who Jennifer Holliday is, see the wonderful and informative post right above yours. That will tell you exactly why she pulled out.

Old 01-14-2017, 03:50 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
There are plenty of rock and country music stars who have turned him down as well. Kind of makes you go , huh?

Jennifer never said she was threatened. She said she was unaware of the people in Trump's administration who were so vehemently anti-LGBT, and once she realized it, she decided she wanted no part of it. She is mindful of her fans and what they want. Just like Trump.

It cannot have escaped Miss. Holliday's mind that gays (both out and closeted) are some of the most powerful men in the entertainment industry. Not saying he would have cared, but would anyone in the music/entertainment industry want to tick off David Geffen?

Old 01-14-2017, 03:55 PM

983 posts, read 995,350 times
Looks like it will only be the military bands for the Inauguration. They have no choice, they have to be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies