Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 01:42 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times

Advertisements

Argh. Enough already, please.

As a liberal myself I can say I have my doubts about Trump. I can say he's a wild card, and probably the most unique person to ever be elected to the office. I can say he's a terrible speaker, acts like a teenager on Twitter, and is a pot stirrer. He didn't win the popular vote for which some could say he wasn't America's choice, but the electoral college's one. I can say I'm not entirely happy with his cabinet appointments. I could say the Russian hacking may have affected the outcome. I could say I'm fearful for our future. I could go on and on.

But as an American citizen, I trust the process. That process is, he won the election, doubt or not. He will be inaugurated and be POTUS. Just because he went in as a Republican doesn't mean he is one, and he isn't. He's a zebra. If he F's up in a true political way then he'll run the risk of being impeached. If some real truth comes out about a tainted election, then we can talk. But this post as many others make me ashamed to call myself a liberal. The left is acting so childish and downright nasty post election. And please, to the righties, enough of the "he won, get over it" mentality. Yes he won - let the lefties who choose to be in denial do so, and be bigger than them. Actually it's more childish with the winning side pointing fingers.

But what the OP stated isn't the process, and honestly is un-American.

Old 01-14-2017, 01:43 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,925,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Obviously Trump is not really the president. He's not qualified due to his many reasons like his businesses and racism...? even a civil rights icon is saying it, among others.

So should we just put Hillary in the white house,? or so we don't ruffle any feathers, go with Elizabeth Warren?

Maybe Obama can stay for 6 months and we can have another election with Jeb against Elizabeth Warren. Just so things are normal again.

This Trump thing is unfair. He really lost technically. And it really is upsetting to people.

Any ideas who should be president, since obviously Trump doesn't deserve it.??
Your ignorance regarding the election process is somewhat stunning.

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Hillary is the reason Trump is going to be president now.

3,106 posts, read 1,768,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
This has to be the most stupid post ever on CD.

Is this satire?
It has to be satire. Nobody could possibly be that out of touch.

Old 01-14-2017, 01:44 PM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,167 times
Quote:
I think Warren would make the most people happy, someone fresh and reasonable. She's definitely not racist.
Plus if there is a drought somewhere, she can just go there and make it rain by dancing.

Old 01-14-2017, 01:44 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times
Quote:

Is this satire?
This isn't even close to the stupidest post ever. Just check the OP's post history, and you'll see what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
But what the OP stated isn't the process, and honestly is un-American.
He doesn't mean it. He's a Trumptroll, and he pulls crap like this every hour or two. He seems to think he's incredibly clever for some unfathomable reason. He'll get a dozen pages of people sniping back and forth at one another while he sits on the floor eating paint chips or whatever.

But hey, who cares? It's not like this place is intended for serious discussion or anything like that.

Old 01-14-2017, 01:45 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,108,580 times
Quote:
Obviously it can't be Trump. Only like 10 percent of the population voted for him if you include people that just stayed home, and babies.

Who should really be the president?
LOL . . . This has to be a joke, yes?

If it is not, Mr. Trump's presidency is the least of America's concerns.

Old 01-14-2017, 01:45 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,807,062 times
Quote:

Is this satire?
It has to be - I'll take Trump anyway over that conniving c*nt Elizabeth Warren

Old 01-14-2017, 01:46 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
It has to be satire. Nobody could possibly be that out of touch.
I'm going to have to agree at this point.

I just woke up from a nap and had that lure right in front of my face. I took a big bite and swallowed the hook.

Fish on!

Old 01-14-2017, 01:47 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceahogalwaysahog View Post
unqualified and even Trump once said the electoral college is Unamerican
You're right. But Trump has come down on every side on every issue since he's been running for the office. Nobody has ever flip flopped more often and blatantly as he has.

Reminds me of the Talking heads line, "Changed my hairstyle so many times, don't know what I look like".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies