Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 03:04 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,356,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

If the question is, "Are the Russians trying to hack the United States?". The answer is a obviously, "Yes". But the truth is, everyone is hacking everyone(our government is literally hacking everyone, including us).
Except that's not really the question. Yeah people say "hack" all the time about this, but thats not where the real damage is. Sure they do that all the time. But what they dont do is involve their propaganda folks to try and delegitimize a government. If ALL they had done was the hacking...it would suck still, but meh.

The issue here is actually far worse. Its the most amazing and damaging propaganda. Look at this thread from that perspective.

Lost faith in the government. Check!
Lost faith in ANY news other then what they are told to listen to. Check!

I could go on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 03:26 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,201,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The issue here is actually far worse. Its the most amazing and damaging propaganda. Look at this thread from that perspective.

Lost faith in the government. Check!
To be fair, we never should have had faith in our government to begin with. The very fact that we did in the first place, was the result of propaganda/indoctrination.

All the hacks did was explain to what extent our government is lying to us.

The hack of Podesta, was nowhere close to what Edward Snowden did when he released information about the spying and hacking the government is doing to its citizens, in regards to our trust in government.

As for me, the Podesta emails didn't change my views whatsoever. I already knew what our government was doing. The only people it affected, were the sheeple who were in denial about our government, and believed people like myself to be a bunch of "tin-foil hat" crazy people.

Why? Because the government and the media told them so.

Old 01-15-2017, 03:41 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,240,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The government's job is to maintain and grow its power over all people.

Statism has been the worst thing to happen to humans in the history of our existence.
Correct, our overlords laying claim to power over us took a hit, I hope DT drains the swamp of its power.

Old 01-15-2017, 03:43 AM

983 posts, read 737,552 times
Really enjoy reading the replies. Does anyone honestly think had Hillary won the whole "russian hacking" would be anything more than a blip on the radar?

Old 01-15-2017, 04:09 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,073 times
So... trumpissts think that everything the government says is lies. That clearly includes:

the food stamp usage data from USDA - which, by the way, shows that the number on food stamps is actually declined each of the past 4 years
https://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/defau...NAPmonthly.pdf

the amount of coal production from The US Energy Administration, which happens to show the decrease in coal production
Annual Coal Report - Energy Information Administration

trend in high school dropout and graduation rates by state, from the Dept. of Education. A department that most trumpissts think should be abolished for some reason...
https://nces.ed.gov/pubs2015/2015015.pdf

Information on Zika from the CDC
https://www.cdc.gov/zika/geo/

Amazing. Lies. All lies.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:42 AM

1,229 posts, read 858,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Really enjoy reading the replies. Does anyone honestly think had Hillary won the whole "russian hacking" would be anything more than a blip on the radar?
Not at all. It's merely an obvious attempt to delagitimize and weaken his presidency.

But he's really fought back rather well, as he's drastically aided in weakening the mainstream media, and slowly making headway in weakening corrupt intelligence agencies.

At this point, It's not likely the US will achieve full spectrum dominance anytime soon.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:59 AM

24,386 posts, read 23,041,608 times
No.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:01 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Lightbulb Can we trust anything our government says to be true?

Short answer:

We can't believe anything coming from the executive branch after next Friday.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:05 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,874,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The questions is...do you believe the con man, and his team, or our intelligence folks who have dedicated their lives to it. Who would be FINE under his presidency.

I know many of you here voted for him, thats done. Over with. He won! Congratulations. But now, you need to deal with reality. And its not looking good here to be honest.
But once taken in by this sort of thing, its REALLY hard for people to not defend it.
The answer to that is neither.
Our intelligence types are not saints. Like a thief is always worried about a thief, spies believe spies are everywhere. Worse still they have made a life based upon lies and misinformation. From their position the ends always justifies the means. They lie to us to keep us safe. They lie to us for national security, they lie.
These same clowns blamed Benghazi on a movie!!! Could that have been to cover for their own miss? How many times have they been wrong?
I don't believe them to be evil, I believe them to be political animals.
Could it be sour grapes? Our spies got out spied by the Russian spies?
I find the sudden support by the left for the spy agencies amusing. Not so many years ago the left condemned just about everything these dedicated heroes did.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:02 AM

23,961 posts, read 15,059,733 times
No, I do not believe a word any part of the government says.

Not the Senate or House, either.

Nor any candidate.

Nor any political party. Or media, any kind. Well, perhaps the CSM.

Capitalism owns us. When they have finished turning us against each other, as the man said, they can hire half of us to kill the other half.

I go from day to day thinking Trump is either a Manchurain candidate, or an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies