Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 06:00 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact is no one still knows aspects of Obamacare. Remember the company mandate?

The other fact is no replacement for Obamacare is needed.

I have a pre-existing condition. My wife is a diabetic. We are both on the wrong sider of 50. I have BCBS insurance for about 300 bucks a month that beats about any Obama plan.
Did you get that on the market and self pay or is that through an employer? That is about the cost a federal work pays per month for a self plus 1 plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 06:04 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
If it is as great as they claim it is what is stopping them from telling us, in detail, what we can expect?

I'd like to see the complete plan before they repeal the current Affordable Care Act, wouldn't you?
I would have LIKED to have seen the COMPLETE Affordable Care Act before it was originally signed but you know that didn't happen!

Old 01-15-2017, 06:07 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Did you get that on the market and self pay or is that through an employer? That is about the cost a federal work pays per month for a self plus 1 plan.
Through an employer like tens of millions of other Americans. It is how our nation subsidizes health care for most of us.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:08 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

"You have vote for the bill to know what is really in it"..... Nancy Pelosi
Here we go again.

Pelosi was not talking about the final ACA legislation, but the Senate's initial version of the bill.

As ACA was entering the final stretch, opponents were rattling on how ACA was all about "death panels," abortions, being a "job-killer," ... yada, yada, yada.

The Senate had not yet passed a bill, and until they produced an actual piece of legislation that could be matched up, debated, and reconciled with the bill passed by the House, the process was at a standstill.

Pelosi pointed out that the Senate would need to actually vote for a bill so that everyone could see what was included in their version and what was not.

Just to be clear, Pelosi was talking about the initial Senate version of the bill and how it was all pure speculation at that point. No one knew what the Senate bill would actually contain until the Senate actually voted on it.

I realize this is a difficult concept to grasp. But I'm willing to repeat it as often as necessary.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:09 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Through an employer like tens of millions of other Americans. It is how our nation subsidizes health care for most of us.
= 20 million + with no healthcare.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:10 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,377,015 times
Thanks to those of you who clarified the issue for me. I'm glad to know that you don't expect any better behavior from the republicans than the democrats or mind that they will take their cues from Nancy Pelosi.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:10 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Here we go again.

Pelosi was not talking about the final ACA legislation, but the Senate's initial version of the bill.

As ACA was entering the final stretch, opponents were rattling on how ACA was all about "death panels," abortions, being a "job-killer," ... yada, yada, yada.

The Senate had not yet passed a bill, and until they produced an actual piece of legislation that could be matched up, debated, and reconciled with the bill passed by the House, the process was at a standstill.

Pelosi pointed out that the Senate would need to actually vote for a bill so that everyone could see what was included in their version and what was not.

Just to be clear, Pelosi was talking about the initial Senate version of the bill and how it was all pure speculation at that point. No one knew what the Senate bill would actually contain until the Senate actually voted on it.

I realize this is a difficult concept to grasp. But I'm willing to repeat it as often as necessary.
You actually expect them to comprehend something longer than what can be seen on a bumper sticker?

Old 01-15-2017, 06:12 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
= 20 million + with no healthcare.
The thing is, I have mine. Who cares about anybody else.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:13 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
Thanks to those of you who clarified the issue for me. I'm glad to know that you don't expect any better behavior from the republicans than the democrats or that they will take their cues from Nancy Pelosi.
Remember that.. Republican and Democrat politicians are the EXACT same.. They are NOT for the people they are FOR themselves and will do/say anything to remain in office.. VOTE independent next time!

Old 01-15-2017, 06:15 AM

1,160 posts, read 713,062 times
HAHAHAHAH.... love it !

OP, would you be satisfied if the GOP simply said this: "... we have to pass the health care bill so that you can find out what’s in it....”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies