Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 04:31 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,014 times

Advertisements

I urge everyone to read up on a little political theory I recently ran into called Inverted Totalitarianism.

Because I know few of you care enough about politics to do outside research (ironic, as you'll see in a moment), I'll briefly explain. Inverted Totalitarianism, like totalitarianism, involves the overwhelming majority of society being a part of a general ideological viewpoint, though in the case of Inverted Totalitarianism, people are unified not by an actual idea, but instead by apathy. The few would believe themselves to care likely get stuck in a post-modern point of view, post modern being the view that all ideas are valid and that words can mean anything, wherein consensus on what politics are is non-existent. Example: if you think the Democratic party is liberal, you're wrong, at least in part. Both the Republican party and Democratic party are liberal. Both represent liberal values in their own way, and if one wanted to, you could call the Republicans Classical Liberals and the Democratic Modern/Social liberals. Both are entirely liberal, except in the areas where they are not, which brings up back to post-modernism. Modernism deals with science, liberalism, republicanism (view that republics are superior), and individualism. The Republican party is openly anti-science (Democratic is anti-science in secret). Both parties are giving into populism, over republicanism. The Democrats regularly talk about collective good, while seldom supporting economic policy that positively reinforces said rhetoric. And no one cares enough (or too few to matter) to look at these issues due to being largely politically apathetic.

And that's my response to this ridiculous thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 04:36 PM

14,927 posts, read 12,123,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Wow, the liberals must be so proud of themselves. Forcing performers to withdraw because of death threats. Congratulations to the tolerant left.

Andrea Bocelli backs out of singing at Trump's inauguration after receiving death threats | Daily Mail Online

I thought he had decided a month or more ago not to perform because of threats from his fans to boycott his performances, and products if he performed at the Inauguration.

His choice, but either way it's sad to see someone cave in from such bullying and intimidation.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
The notion that intolerance should be tolerated is typical of the right's problem with logic.
I don't know, looks to me as though that intolerance is coming from the left.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Can anyone give evidence of where Trump is going to do anything to gays?

<crickets>

Pence might not believe in it but that also doesn't mean he's going to worry about it while he's VP. It's just what he believes in. I thought the lefties were open minded.
Looks like it's another false accusation manufactured by the left wingers and main stream media. While Trump has expressed his personal disapproval of gay marriage, (I guess that's enough for these causemongers to run with their wild accusations), there doesn't seem to be any evidence that Trump has ever, or has any intention of ever acting against gay rights, or discriminating against gay people. Here are a couple articles on the topic:

Memo to the LGBT community: Donald Trump is not your enemy | TheHill

In Trump, pro-gay rights Republicans see a new hope - POLITICO

Old 01-15-2017, 05:22 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Once again, you Trumpees will believe anything you read, but only if it reinforces your views. That article also said the lady from Dream Girls dropped out because of threats, and that is NOT why she dropped out. She dropped out because she, in good conscience, could not go because she felt the new administration was anti Gay rights, and she is a supporter of those rights.

The article is so badly written that they said they have "LEARNT" that information, not "LEARNED". These false news organizations have got to stop employing writers from 3rd world countries.
Missed the part about her apology. The pressure from her peers was too much to handle, hhmmmm?

Old 01-15-2017, 05:23 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
As someone who strongly believes in tolerance toward all people, the irony of your post has my head spinning.
Mine just about exploded.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:24 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,249,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Note to Trump: Do not ride in any open motorcades and avoid grassy knolls. The violent left is gunning for you.
Lol. They aren't the ones with guns.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:27 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,249,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I thought he had decided a month or more ago not to perform because of threats from his fans to boycott his performances, and products if he performed at the Inauguration.

His choice, but either way it's sad to see someone cave in from such bullying and intimidation.
Looks like you thought a tad incorrectly. Maybe because people keep repeating fake news without bothering to learn the truth?

The only bullying and intimidation is coming from those who made up the story as a means of bashing others. And that is what is Sad!

"...Donald Trump did not ask his friend Andrea Bocelli to perform at his inauguration, the chairman of the Presidential Inaugural Committee said Tuesday in response to reports that the singer turned the president-elect down..."

The head of Trump

Old 01-15-2017, 05:38 PM

404 posts, read 385,437 times
I'll be glad when this inauguation is done and over with. Ugghh...

Use some holograms and call it a day.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:52 PM

9,907 posts, read 9,578,161 times
Watch how those idiots accuse others of terrorism, nasiz, fascists, and THEY DO THE SAME!! hypocrites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies