Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 07:27 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times

Advertisements

The protesters are throwing a temper tantrum. They have been carrying on like toddlers since Trump slam dunked their candidate. When the election results came in, they started crying, threw down their toys and accused everyone and their cat of having tampered with the election and now, all that is left for them to make noise and get their mugs in the media is throwing one last tantrum by going and protesting and, frankly, some may be paid and transported to the event with remaining funds from the failed campaign of Hillary Clinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 07:38 AM

11,336 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
[/u]
We're discussing possible protests on Inauguration Day, January 20, which was still six days away the last time I checked. Do you have a crystal ball which indicates this dire future you describe?

So far, Inauguration Day protesters haven't done diddly squat, be it calmly or otherwise. They have broken no windows, trashed no restaurants, screamed at no teachers, cursed up no storms.

Unless they acquire a time machine in the next few days, they can do none of these things, as they will not officially become "Inauguration Day protesters" prior to Inauguration Day.
Just waiting. How do you like your crow cooked.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:30 AM

1,009 posts, read 708,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I'm not a Trump supporter, and I did not vote for him.

This has nothing to do with not liking Trump. I share many of your same beliefs. He had like a 70 percent false statements rating, he's threatening freedom of the press, and basically told a bunch of people what they wanted to hear with no intention on following through. He won't release his taxes. It's concerning - I get that.

But he's being inaugurated. I still think that protesting that solely is being silly, although a few posters have offered reasons (promoting real activism, for example) that make sense.
Threatening freedom of the press ? these journalists today are lying and reporting fake news to promote their views . Long gone are the days of Walter Cronkite and reporting the real news . Give me a break it seems everyone picks and chooses their amendment rights these days . ::rolleyes

Can you blame him for refusing to answer questions from news organizations , like CNN they slander news and report the way they think it should be . About time someone stands up to them and make them report news in a balanced way .

Do you actually believe these polls ? lesson learned on election night . All have lost respect and credibility .

Old 01-16-2017, 09:25 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
So they are protesting because they don't want America to be better. Sounds pretty ignorant to me. They don't like jobs? Better healthcare? Healthier economy? or a safer America? Just sheep who followed their leader off the cliff and didn't learn one thing from it.
not everyone fell for trumps empty bombastic promises

Old 01-16-2017, 09:45 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Quote:
If you don't like Trump or agree with Republican policies, it makes a lot more sense to dedicate time and energy fighting for what you believe in, and doing grassroots work to accomplish that. Protesting the inauguration seems to me to be throwing a giant temper tantrum, and it's especially bothersome to me that if you're somebody who has serious reservations about a Trump presidency yet make this point, you'll be ostracized.
Its one big tantrum... everybody knows it... liberals are hoping people won't realize its a tantrum...

Old 01-16-2017, 09:57 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Americans can and will protest anything and everything. The nations with less must shake their heads in wonder.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:09 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
The inauguration protest will be like the anti-Trump protest led by Al Sharpton that took place this weekend.

About 200 people showed up.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:23 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
If you don't like Trump or agree with Republican policies, it makes a lot more sense to dedicate time and energy fighting for what you believe in, and doing grassroots work to accomplish that. Protesting the inauguration seems to me to be throwing a giant temper tantrum, and it's especially bothersome to me that if you're somebody who has serious reservations about a Trump presidency yet make this point, you'll be ostracized.
Trump lost the vote by a big margin. He's the most unpopular president-elect ever. He's done nothing but tweet out insults and lies for the past two months when a guy in his position really should be making an effort at uniting the country. Acting like Limbaugh's mentally challenged cousin isn't working for him.

Anyone expecting that there won't be some rough sailing after all this isn't looking at the true picture.

Besides, the tea party baggers thought protesting was a cool thing to do.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:25 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Trump lost the vote by a big margin. He's the most unpopular president-elect ever. He's done nothing but tweet out insults and lies for the past two months when a guy in his position really should be making an effort at uniting the country. Acting like Limbaugh's mentally challenged cousin isn't working for him.

Anyone expecting that there won't be some rough sailing after all this isn't looking at the true picture.

Besides, the tea party baggers thought protesting was a cool thing to do.

You could have said, "Things are going to be great!" with a lot fewer words.

Old 01-16-2017, 12:55 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,561,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
When you return that plate, do you get loud and start trashing the restaurant? Did you break the windows of every other car in the mechanic's parking lot? Did you scream at your child's teacher and call him/her names, making a scene? Did you curse up a storm in your letter and type it in all caps and include threats?

You act like the protesters have been doing anything calmly. They haven't. And that's the difference.
So I assume from your answer that the act of protest is acceptable, just the who and how. So is loudly screaming "Lock Her Up" cool or not cool? Destroying private property as part of a protest is not cool right? (Although you're a couple hundred years too late to call out the colonists who tossed British merchant's tea in Boston Harbor) While you're crafting a cool/not cool list, perhaps you can also let us know who the chosen arbiter should be? Be careful with this one because what goes around, comes around.

Looking forward to your response...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies