Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 09:31 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times

Advertisements

We have twitter and facebook, no need for these media rats (aka Democrat propaganda wing)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 10:10 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
The tweeting will more than make up for it.
Trump lies with his tweets. Plus no one can question him. Sorry, not good enough. He is my president so I expect him to have many press conferences so he can be questioned on what he is doing. He owes that to the country because he answers to us....we don't answer to him.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:16 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

Why in God's name do you people have to bring up Hillary every time we are talking about Trump? Like seriously, every single time.

Trump had rallies where the press was penned into what amounted to a cage, not allowed to ask him questions, etc. He had few press conferences and waited 167 days after being elected to talk to the press.

I'm not spreading anything fake. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its fake. Just because you don't understand the ramifications of actions doesn't make news of those actions fake.
Well, the bolded part is fake, because the election was only 73 days ago. And the part in bold blue font is fake, too, because two sentences before, you made a claim that is demonstrably false.

So you are spreading something that's fake. Because it hasn't been 167 days since the election. Sorry.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:57 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I put Reuters and Bloomberg as neutral. WSJ is has a editorial side that is conservative. They host a show on Fox News with Paul Gigot is host of "The Journal Editorial Report" and the editorial page editor of The Wall Street Journal. They have had positive stories about Trump.

So yes WSG is on the conservative side.

If you want to put WSG as neutral then we have a 9-1 liberal to conservative spread.

You said below that the the 4 neutral outlets could easily be put on the left. I wholly disagree that Reuters and Bloomberg are leftist in any way shape or form nor do I believe WSJ to be on the right.

What is a positive story vs. negative when it comes to covering, say a political rally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman
Clearly this is an old media heavy group.

The first two rows:

8 on the left: NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, CBS RADIO, NPR, WASHINGTON POST, NY TIMES

2 on the right: FOX, WALL STREET JOURNAL

4 neutral: AP, REUTERS, BLOOMBERG, AP RADIO

The 4 neutral could easily be put on the left. I put them neutral because that have occasionally published balanced stories not totally against Trump.

Time to reassign the seats and balance things out.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:58 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
Well, the bolded part is fake, because the election was only 73 days ago. And the part in bold blue font is fake, too, because two sentences before, you made a claim that is demonstrably false.

So you are spreading something that's fake. Because it hasn't been 167 days since the election. Sorry.
If you kept reading you'd see that I said I misspoke. It was 167 days between press conferences.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:58 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump lies with his tweets. Plus no one can question him. Sorry, not good enough. He is my president so I expect him to have many press conferences so he can be questioned on what he is doing. He owes that to the country because he answers to us....we don't answer to him.
Nice thoughts, pity more didn't hold the current guy to those standards...
I am hoping the press will go back to actually asking non partisan pertinent questions and actually go back to doing investigations without bias.

Will it happen during this administration? Maybe, if the biased media gets frozen out enough maybe they'll get the hint that it will no longer be tolerated.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:53 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Nice thoughts, pity more didn't hold the current guy to those standards...
I am hoping the press will go back to actually asking non partisan pertinent questions and actually go back to doing investigations without bias.

Will it happen during this administration? Maybe, if the biased media gets frozen out enough maybe they'll get the hint that it will no longer be tolerated.
Every president complains about the media, I don't see anyone being frozen out and besides there are so many news sources. Maybe you have some specific examples of bias from all the media, where they went to far and also not far enough.

So what did you feel about his first press conference, was it informative were the questions fair.

Last edited by Goodnight; 01-19-2017 at 10:26 AM..

Old 01-21-2017, 04:32 PM

9,094 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
What's going to happen, is the press going to start writing hit pieces, or report fake news about Trump?

The msm discredited themselves, they are no longer legitimate, they are dying, and nothing is going to save them.
Traditional media, like cable TV is reaching the point of obsolescence.

Old 01-21-2017, 04:45 PM

9,094 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Does anyone under the age of 55 even watch traditional news channels anymore? I saw it posted somewhere that the largest demographic that watches Fox News is men over 70. We are in a transition period of how media is consumed and it generally follows generational lines. Traditional media and cable TV are holdovers of the days when baby boomers were the coveted demographic. The power of the traditional media is starting to wane as the grim reaper picks off more and more of the baby boomers.

Old 01-21-2017, 04:48 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Mike Pence and Rance Priebus were on TV today saying it would be way better to remove the White House press corps from the White House and relocate them across the street to the Eisenhower Executive Office Building.

This shouldnt be a surprise though. Donald Trump has demonstrated contempt for any press coverage he dislikes, openly attacking reporters in press conferences.

The destruction of our democracy marches on.
Have the Democrat sucking Press showed any less contempt for the non-establishment Trump than he has developed after their record bad treatment of him?

Was it NBC & CNN calling him Hitler yesterday with their extreme leftist cast?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies