Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 10:06 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Walmart is the largest importer of foreign goods and is also the biggest employer in the nation. If they can't deduct the cost of procuring their products then their whole business model goes out the window. They are the lowest priced of all retailers. That is their business model. This actually could make Walmart go under and the largest workforce in America could be out of work.
Good, I can't stand Walmart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 10:09 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Neither can I. But on the other hand, they employ more than two million people in the U.S. alone. I guess you don't care about them, either?

Old 01-16-2017, 10:09 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
But Trump saved 700 jobs in Iowa!

Old 01-16-2017, 10:12 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Walmart is the largest importer of foreign goods and is also the biggest employer in the nation. If they can't deduct the cost of procuring their products then their whole business model goes out the window. They are the lowest priced of all retailers. That is their business model. This actually could make Walmart go under and the largest workforce in America could be out of work.
It would be a shame, given the fact that Wallmart is in middle of a major re-shoring campaign bringing jobs back to US. They were named in the Manufacturing Hall of Fame in 2010 for their efforts to bring jobs back to US.

It is a good example of companies who will be punished heavily by this move.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:15 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Neither can I. But on the other hand, they employ more than two million people in the U.S. alone. I guess you don't care about them, either?
Technically, we all are paying for Walmart employees. Last I read, taxpayers subsidized medial care, Food Stamps, subsidized housing, etc. to the tune of some $6 billion a year.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:16 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Technically, we all are paying for Walmart employees. Last I read, taxpayers subsidized medial care, Food Stamps, subsidized housing, etc. to the tune of some $6 billion a year.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:17 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It would be a shame, given the fact that Wallmart is in middle of a major re-shoring campaign bringing jobs back to US. They were named in the Manufacturing Hall of Fame in 2010 for their efforts to bring jobs back to US.

It is a good example of companies who will be punished heavily by this move.
If Walmart is "reshoring," than they'll be good to go, correct?

Old 01-16-2017, 10:19 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,085,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Theres no difference between Obama and RINO's...I blame them both equally!
Yes, politicians are all cut from the same cloth...just one is left sleeve material other one right sleeve.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:23 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
If Walmart is "reshoring," than they'll be good to go, correct?
It is a long process, and the new laws might snuff them out before they have a chance to getting anywhere near completing it.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:27 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yep, a new tax that will greatly impact the middle and lower classes while the top tax brackets get nice, big, fat tax cuts. What did you guys who voted Republican expect? Because this is exactly what most people on the left knew would be coming. We tried to warn you that the Republican party has no interest or concern about the middle class, but you didn't believe us. Now maybe you're starting to...
True, but these guys are going to call the proponents of this tax plan RINO's. Or, they will think it is going to help bring manufacturing jobs back. Unfortunately, they do not realize that this is simply to pay for a tax break to the 1% and the big corporations. The middle class and lower class suffer here whilst the upper classes thrive.

Now, I don't know when a Republican goes from a RINO to simply a Republican for these guys. It honestly astounds me how they can be tricked over and over and over again but continue to fall for the same game. Like our lackluster, soon to be president would say - sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies