Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 12:11 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
Yes we will have to see. Frankly he scares me. But he will be POTUS in a very few days. At this point I will support him until he gives me a strong reason not to.
His reputation as a charlatan and fraud should scare any clear thinking rational person. And what in his long and nefarious history would make you or anyone believe that this particular over-the-hill, long in the tooth leopard will change its spots?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 03:25 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
It is actually pretty easy to find court records showing that he doesn't pay his bills. That might be where the media found the garbage to report on him - y'know, garbage like bankruptcy court records, civil court records, records from when he fought that rental discrimination case.. and even court records from the trump university case. Lots and lots of garbage, easily to be found, which points to the conclusion that, yes, he is indeed not a good person.
I don't know why there are not better standards to hold one to. There are background checks done for those with nothing happening at all, but any slimy, underhanded liar with pending lawsuits, a stack of negative incidents who has proven to be devoid of human qualities and morals, can run for and become president??

Old 01-18-2017, 05:52 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
The moral accusations from the left against Trump really crack me up. It's not so much the whining and crying (though it's entertaining) as it is the hypocrisy.

Try arguing with a leftist on moral grounds, and you'll soon discover they believe in subjective morality, meaning, nothing is truly "bad" or "good," but rather it's up to an individual's opinion, or perhaps the laws of a country at a given time. Yet they are very quick to judge and label Trump as if their opinions hold some kind of universal consensus. But by their own admission, their character judgments are trivial at best, and what they're really saying is "Donald Trump is bad, however, it's just my personal definition of 'bad' and yours may differ, in which case we are equally correct."

See how frivolous it is? That's why I can't possibly take what they say seriously.
Bad?

Well I would not tout him as husband material.

I find him crass, boorish, loud, and arrogant. That does not make him bad, but rather obnoxious.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:55 AM

572 posts, read 435,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
I don't know why there are not better standards to hold one to. There are background checks done for those with nothing happening at all, but any slimy, underhanded liar with pending lawsuits, a stack of negative incidents who has proven to be devoid of human qualities and morals, can run for and become president??
That narrative gets old after awhile.

The "clear-thinking rational people" saw through manufactured stories, and forgave some uncouth things said. Why won't you move on? He's President and Presidential, he will stand his ground and he was elected, perfectly as per the Election process and it's not as the Left says "conspiracy," he won an election rigged for the Left.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:56 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
The answer to the post is , YES.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:59 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie4 View Post
That narrative gets old after awhile.

The "clear-thinking rational people" saw through manufactured stories, and forgave some uncouth things said. Why won't you move on? He's President and Presidential, he will stand his ground and he was elected, perfectly as per the Election process and it's not as the Left says "conspiracy," he won an election rigged for the Left.
Just keep believing all that... We'll see you later when it does not go as you think.. or wait, you probably won't be back, then.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:19 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Well, he's a well-known and admitted fraud and obvious rank hypocrite.

He ran his campaign, clearly and openly, on hate, fear, ignorance and multiple forms of bigotry.

He purposefully appeals to low-information, lowest-common-denominator types, his authoritarian pose comes from a place of simpering cowardice and he can't even handle an SNL spoof without whining about it on Twitter like a little bratty crybaby.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:28 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
He ran his campaign, clearly and openly, on hate, fear, ignorance and multiple forms of bigotry.
That's the popular groupthink on the left, but is just willful ignorance. Trump ran a campaign on not giving a crap about political correctness, and it got him elected. You say he hates, only because he doesn't care if you think that. Trump is in no way shape or form is a bigot, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good sky is falling story

Old 01-18-2017, 07:36 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
That's the popular groupthink on the left, but is just willful ignorance. Trump ran a campaign on not giving a crap about political correctness, and it got him elected. You say he hates, only because he doesn't care if you think that. Trump is in no way shape or form is a bigot, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good sky is falling story
First off, I'm not a leftist, detested Hillary and am not a Dem or a Republican.

Second, you can cry "groupthink" all you want. I am basing what I wrote on Trump's very own, very public words and actions. Mocking the disabled (it's ON FILM), calling Mexicans rapists, shouting down, tryranically, reporters, protesters, critics of all stripes, not to mention his outspoken many misogynistic and xenophobic rants. But enjoy your la-la land where your fearless leader is an upstanding, forthright man who will provide all citizens with a golden unicorn.

Sure, he's gonna "Make America Great Again" ...for a handful of his billionaire cronies.

Unfortunately, the Democrats are also nothing but corporate whores.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:43 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
First off, I'm not a leftist, detested Hillary and am not a Dem or a Republican.
I didn't say you were, but that doesn't mean you can't be indoctrinated by their groupthink
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies