Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2017, 09:43 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I have nowhere near the number on my ignore list as you, but I have some, and there are other posters I just skip over. They are certain Internet message board tactics that I can't stand; for example, I take the time to write a coherent well-thought-out post only to have some jackass respond with "so what you're saying is <something I never said at all>" NO. What I am saying IS WHAT I SAID. Don't try to make it look as if I really mean something else. That poster gets ignored for the childish, manipulative tactic they employ. Or posts that say "You liberals..." or "you conservatives..." Not playing that.
LOL So true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 09:58 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
It might help to mention that I'm an anarchist (technically...I prefer voluntaryist). But since you asked what feminists are trying to push through - "fair pay" legislation that assumes pay is unfair now, forcing employers or taxpayers to fund birth control or possibly abortion, many feelings-based laws in places like the UK where they want to punish people (especially at work) for calling women "bossy" or saying things that offend them...those are off the top of my head, but I know I'm forgetting some other good ones.

It isn't that I'm necessarily against those things if done voluntarily (although the fair pay thing is upsetting because it's completely fair as is), but I'm completely against using the government to push an agenda. Its also ironic because they want the government and law enforcement (mostly men) to do it on their behalf.

A lot of things would never change if we waited for them to be done voluntarily, like slavery and people smoking everywhere, that took government "pushing an agenda".

In fact, civilization as we know it took government "pushing an agenda".

Old 01-20-2017, 10:06 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
[quote=T0103E;46892722]
Quote:
It might help to mention that I'm an anarchist (technically...I prefer voluntaryist). But since you asked what feminists are trying to push through - "fair pay" legislation that assumes pay is unfair now, forcing employers or taxpayers to fund birth control or possibly abortion,
That would be great but the volunteer system option doesn't work.
I'm not really familiar with the fair pay legislation. I know there are those saying there is still a wage gap. I have not experienced it in my life so I dont know the legitimacy of it. Free birth control is no different than forcing tax payers to pay for any other free medication or procedure or welfare program. I don't see a problem with providing those services for those in financial need. It beats the alternative. I say free BC for everyone, male and female.
Quote:
many feelings-based laws in places like the UK where they want to punish people (especially at work) for calling women "bossy" or saying things that offend them...those are off the top of my head, but I know I'm forgetting some other good ones.
Kind of like all the PC crap here in the US. You cant say certain words or display certain flags, or wear certain thing as you might offend someone?
Quote:
It isn't that I'm necessarily against those things if done voluntarily (although the fair pay thing is upsetting because it's completely fair as is), but I'm completely against using the government to push an agenda. Its also ironic because they want the government and law enforcement (mostly men) to do it on their behalf.
Sorry but do you see the irony in this. That you think its ironic that women still have to ask men to make laws forcing men to treat women fairly because men wont do it voluntarily.

Old 01-21-2017, 04:52 AM

316 posts, read 214,371 times
As far as preferring male vs female prison guard, how about staying out of jailin the first place? No brainer

Old 01-21-2017, 05:02 AM

316 posts, read 214,371 times
One more thing, I could blame feminism on getting Trump elected. Many millennials said it wasn't going to make them vote for HC. I don't think the current generation understands feminism.They never gave any good reason to vote for Sanders other than to not be considered feminist.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:19 AM

5,301 posts, read 2,352,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
A lot of things would never change if we waited for them to be done voluntarily, like slavery and people smoking everywhere, that took government "pushing an agenda".

In fact, civilization as we know it took government "pushing an agenda".
I disagree.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:32 AM

5,301 posts, read 2,352,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
That would be great but the volunteer system option doesn't work.
I'm not really familiar with the fair pay legislation. I know there are those saying there is still a wage gap. I have not experienced it in my life so I dont know the legitimacy of it. Free birth control is no different than forcing tax payers to pay for any other free medication or procedure or welfare program. I don't see a problem with providing those services for those in financial need. It beats the alternative. I say free BC for everyone, male and female.
Kind of like all the PC crap here in the US. You cant say certain words or display certain flags, or wear certain thing as you might offend someone?
Sorry but do you see the irony in this. That you think its ironic that women still have to ask men to make laws forcing men to treat women fairly because men wont do it voluntarily.
I don't see theft as an acceptable solution for anything, so I can't support taxing people for any reason. The ends don't justify the means. I'm all for people doing it by choice.

As for the irony comment, I figured you might say that. In the past, sure, but not today. What I was really referencing was the feminists who say women don't need men, yet they want men to enforce their agenda. I probably should have worded it that way.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:07 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
[quote=T0103E;46903934]
Quote:
I don't see theft as an acceptable solution for anything, so I can't support taxing people for any reason. The ends don't justify the means. I'm all for people doing it by choice.
Well yeah paying taxes blows but did you go to public school, do you drive on roads, do you like the idea of having a military, police, medical facilities, water, sewer, clean air?

Quote:
As for the irony comment, I figured you might say that. In the past, sure, but not today. What I was really referencing was the feminists who say women don't need men, yet they want men to enforce their agenda. I probably should have worded it that way.
No they don't want men to enforce their agenda, they want the legal system to enforce their agenda. Women are still underrepresented in legislature and judicial system so the majority of representatives are male. Maybe not for much longer so hold on to that idea that women couldn't_______if men didn't allow it.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:49 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,096 times
[quote=2mares;46859565]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
As long as women have political and financial power there is no need to rely on the sympathies and understanding of men.
Modern day feminism is about women having political, financial and economic control. Pretty much in control while being full of misandry and oppressing themselves (Even though they now have more privileges and rights than 90% of the world). They could careless about men being unemployed, homeless, killed in war etc while lying about it being equal. Not to mention men get stricter prison sentences for the same crime if a woman were to commit it, men are more likely to get assaulted, robbed, shot. Most divorces are caused by women and most women file for it. Women are most likely to cheat and/or depart for greener pastures while financially devastating the man with alimony and/or child support. I don't see any feminist fighting those issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddma View Post
One more thing, I could blame feminism on getting Trump elected.....They never gave any good reason to vote for Sanders other than to not be considered feminist.
Most people would rather have Sanders because of the free college, free healthcare and rich people paying their fair share. Plus millions of Americans saw right through Hillary's evil lying eyes.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:05 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Right.

When what we then referred to as "women's liberation" took off in the early 1970s, I was instructed by my 5th grade teacher to refer to the librarian only as Ms. (whatever her name was) because she was a "liberated" woman.

At age 10, I had no earthly idea what she believed she was liberated from.

Now, some forty years later, I understand that what she had liberated herself from was the consequences of her own choices.

Men initially scoffed at the idea of women doing "men's" jobs such as construction, mining, equipment maintenance and the like, but no one stood in their way.

Today, more than four decades after I had my first encounter with a liberated woman, women are 1.6% of auto mechanics, 1.4% of brick layers, 1.9% of electricians and 100% of all mothers.

The truth is men have never opposed women who wanted to do what a man does and earn what a "man's job" pays, if she is able and if she really wants to do it, but for the most part, women simply don't want to do the dirty, dangerous jobs that many men do, even if the pay and benefits are significantly better than less dangerous jobs done in more pleasant surroundings.

I would hope that one day we will all agree that feminism is simply the freedom to do what makes us happy without a lot of criticism from people who have yet to figure out what they want.

Really? Oh wow, nursing is such a clean, safe, cushy job

You do whatever you want but please do not insult those of us females who do work that many men would balk at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies