Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 02:56 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Sorry for not replying sooner, had some things to get done.

Anyway, obviously I can't respond to every post and I doubt anything I will say will change any minds but I feel it best to respond generally based on some replies I have read.

Of course many say "Just read the dictionary definition of feminism" I have, and it hardly means much. When something evolves far past it or in reality doesn't do what it says, what does it matter? What really gets me is those who say "You believe in x so you're a feminist!" really? If I were to ask you if you believe all people should ideally have access to equal amount of resources, the ability to get ahead in life, access to whatever they may need, all people were truly equal I am sure you'd say yes, but what if I responded with "Well that makes you a communist!"? Bet you would disagree.

A great deal of those responding are talking of older times, and if indeed what you say happened is true, that does suck, but we can't focus on the past, we need to focus on the present and the future, the only things that ultimately matter. As it stands women are getting more degrees in college and making more money than men, at least in my age group (I am 30) and despite what feminists will say, you don't have to worry about "things going back to the 50s", as things stand today and in the future, nothing is stopping any woman who works hard, is intelligent and is good at what she does from getting a good paying job.

Likewise, in companies there are plenty of programs aimed at men about sexual harassment and such so any woman that deals with such has plenty of recourse. However, as I have found out in my many years of working there isn't so when it comes to women that harass or hurt other women. In my last job that I had for 8 years it actually started as a mostly male work environment, but there were a few women and it was all great but over the years it shifted where women made up most of management and employees and it was hell. When I got pregnant my female boss acted as if I was going to become some huge burden and made some rude/mean comments and I documented it and actually reported her to HR but of course they didn't care.

For my daughter, I know I am far more concerned that she's going to end up with some psycho women as bosses than male ones that will sexually harass her or what have you for certain.

One thing that gets me is that feminists claim to be about "equality" but only decide to make a big stink when it's something men do. Shouldn't they be just as upset at women that have been caught making false rape accusations and women that are the aggressor in domestic situations? I know those will respond with "Oh, but look at the numbers/statistics!", what does it matter? Whether it's big or small they should be equally outraged and wanting punishment.

Another big one is that feminists care far more about women being in positions of power than actually being good at it. Just look at Angela Merkel, Hillary Clinton, Janet Reno, Madeline Albright, Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, etc. etc. etc. all filthy disgusting human beings that have been all kinds of corrupt and made decisions that have ultimately hurt women and would have no problem sacrificing other women if it meant more more yet are end up being highly praised just because hey, they are women, and they are in powerful positions, who cares how many peasant women gets hurt, right?

I hope the OP won't mind, but he posted in another topic this video I would recommend watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gZFGpNdH1A

Truly amazing how feminists sure aren't going out in droves protesting these invaders which are FAR worse than you could ever hope to see with your average western male. Funny how Angela Merkel, Hillary Clinton and friends are such big fans, huh? I guarantee what they are far worse than anything Trump has or could do. But hey, "girl power!!!" so they shouldn't get any criticism no matter how much they hurt other women.

If these women were all-powerful rulers during the Renaissance I can guarantee they'd all be BFFs with Elizabeth Bathory and Bloody Mary for sure.

Even though I am having a daughter, my better half and I plan to have more children and if I have a son I can guarantee I will be more concerned for what it will be like for him growing up than my daughter.

Sure, the much older men may have had it better, but again, what matters is what is happening now and what things will look at for the future, and while many may say "Oh, the most crazy feminists are a minority" it kind of makes it moot when the feminists that have money, power and influence consistently approve of and support the crazy ones, quite ironically at the expense of other women.

I realize that for many of the older women this part will not really matter, but with the way young men are today most use the Internet heavily, and what do they see? Feminists talking about "toxic masculinity" "mansplaining" "manspreading" and all sort of absurd things. We need men on our side and frankly with so much of this feminist crap men read I am not surprised many aren't super into "the feminist cause". I know feminists say that we should be happy they fought for us, but I think what we should really be glad for is men being more sympathetic and understanding. Women in the middle east have been "fighting" for how long now, and yet how much has that helped them? The fact of the matter is, we are very privileged in the western countries that men have changed their views, because let's be honest, even in the west if men truly wanted to, there is nothing keeping us living like women in the middle east do. Fortunately men in the west have evolved higher thinking, and going on and on about how bad men are is NOT helping!

Again, I get this may not change minds, and I am certain many will say I am just crazy, but this is where I stand.
Where you "stand" is in denial. Your over-the-top hatred of people like Angela Merkel and Hillary Clinton is bizarre, especially given your ranting about how mean and ugly women can be towards other women. Your insistence on being an "anti-feminist" speaks your utter ignorance about the history of feminism. And history matters, not just "what is happening now": what happens "now" doesn't happen in a historical vacuum. The fact that "men in the west have evolved" is precisely due to the history of the feminist movement. Men are "more sympathetic and understanding" today because they have been raised by women (and sometimes men) with a feminist understanding of the world: it didn't just "happen." Again, due to the feminist movement. And just fyi: 1) re "if men truly wanted to, there is nothing keeping us living like women in the middle east do": yes, there is something keeping women from living like that: feminism. It was the feminist movement, composed of women (and often men), who demanded and made these changes. It's not, as you strangely seem to think, simply up to men to decide how women live; and 2) most young men today are absolutely supportive of feminism.

Honestly, your post reads like some scared, conditioned woman from the 1950s. Get back to us in 30 years, and let us know how that's working out for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies