Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 04:40 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,595,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
I've actually never shot a 338 Win mag, but I've shot 375 H&H as well as 416 Rigby. Honestly, neither gun kicked as bad as this old single shot sawed off 10 gauge my dad used to own when I was younger. Both the 375 and the 416 were VERY heavy double rifles. Both kicked like a mule, but this old 10 gauge with a goose load in it kicked so bad that your fingers would go numb. I even had some dumb**** buddy in HS that tried to shoot it from the hip that ended up slicing his hand open with the trigger guard when the thing went flying LOL

Ha, 10ga with a heavy load, yeah. It doesn't get much worse.
I have an old Montgomery Ward's bolt action 12ga short barrel slug gun that feels like a hammer to the shoulder and wouldn't dare compare it to a 10ga.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 07:21 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,002,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Ha, 10ga with a heavy load, yeah. It doesn't get much worse.
I have an old Montgomery Ward's bolt action 12ga short barrel slug gun that feels like a hammer to the shoulder and wouldn't dare compare it to a 10ga.
That's funny, I have an old Montgomery ward bolt action 20 gauge. It was my first shotgun.

The 10 gauge had a really interesting story behind it too. My brother found it on the beach about an hour south of Corpus Christi on the national seashore while camping when I was a kid. Being that it was covered with rust, we figured it had been there for a while, so we decided to keep it. It also had about a 10" barrel, so it was totally not legal anyways. Had we turned it in, it would have just been destroyed. My dad always thought someone either purposely ditched it there or it accidentally got left there and the owner couldn't find it.

Either way, you saw a couple feet off of a goose gun, and it's only purpose becomes a cruel practical joke to the sucker the shoots it. LOL

Old 01-19-2017, 07:36 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,551,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Dont own a semi auto, nor bother reading up on them. Ive stuck with what I grew up with, bolt and lever action and pump shotguns, and revolvers. So I guess I misused the term.

Does that somehow make the AR15 not a military style rifle?
The "weapon" the Military uses of the Civilian Version is the "Military Style" weapon. An AR15 has never been a Military Rifle as I know of. Its never been used as an Assault Rifle as I know of either.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:37 PM

2,309 posts, read 895,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
The AR15 is a clone of the military assault rifle, and is called a semi auto assault rifle by the US government itself. Furthermore, having high capacity clips serve no sporting purpose. I hunt and own guns. I have a 12 ga., a 30/30 lever action, and am in the market now for a.40 cal semi auto pistol.

But why call it anything other than what it is? A military style rifle marketed to those who, as Bushmaster famously said, want to get their man card back.
What do you mean "it has no sporting purposes"? The rifle in its conception was designed for the civilian market. Plus plinking is a sport and reloading can be a chore. BTW the lever action and 12 guage were both used in the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies