Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 11:18 AM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
Obama used the IRS to attack conservatives, last count several hundred hard drives failed at the IRS within seconds of their content being subpoenaed. The attack on conservatives was part of the Obama enemies list against those who merely believed differently than he does. The folks who attacked Trump, were proud to have him as their enemy, they hate him. The folks Obama attacked, were citizens, trying to do what citizens normally do. Are you in the least bit concerned about the thousands attacked by Obama and his enemies list?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think the key phrase here is "enemies list."

No grown up does that.

Sure, you might not hire these people if they didn't support you, but "enemies list?"

That sounds positively juvenile.

You just politely ignore them, you don't offer them positions, and you move on.

If you're an adult and not a whiny, trust fund baby.

Per the bolded --- Did you not see the quoted post above yours? What Obama did was "positively juvenile". Do you hold Obama to different standards and as a result, give him a free pass?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 11:27 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,542,136 times
Why would anyone hire someone they don't trust when there are plenty of other qualified candidates they do trust or have not declared themselves untrustworthy? They chose unwisely.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:34 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,179,733 times
Trump is refusing to hire people who said they didn't like him and wouldn't work with him?
Stop the Inauguration!

Old 01-17-2017, 11:38 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
If Trump had an ounce of the class Obama does, he'd leave these employees alone and encourage the use of free speech. But I guess his wittle baby feewings can't handle such a big boy response.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:53 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,203,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
If Trump had an ounce of the class Obama does, he'd leave these employees alone and encourage the use of free speech. But I guess his wittle baby feewings can't handle such a big boy response.

He is leaving them alone, that's why their wittle feewings are hurt.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:59 AM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think the key phrase here is "enemies list."

No grown up does that.

Sure, you might not hire these people if they didn't support you, but "enemies list?"

That sounds positively juvenile.

You just politely ignore them, you don't offer them positions, and you move on.

If you're an adult and not a whiny, trust fund baby.
If you note, the phrase "enemies list" was used by one of the aggrieved individuals, not a transition team member. Likely to gain sympathy and garner criticism against Trump for not choosing people for political appointments who opposed his election.

And it worked didn't it?

Old 01-17-2017, 11:59 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
People need to stop and think. If you have a goal that will take everyone working together to achieve it, do you hire people who made it clear they don't agree with you or do you hire people on board with you? Of course you hire the ladder over the former.

I can't believe I had to explain it to people.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:01 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually they are surprised that anyone could be so petty.
Try turning in with your resume a cover letter that says "I really dislike your company and what it stands for, but I need a job" and tell me how many offers you get.

The ONLY time something like that has ever succeeded was for the position of Assistant to the Traveling Secretary with the New York Yankees.

It sounds like they demonstrated their lack of common sense.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:06 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
If a person goes on the public record saying they are "NeverTrump" and further claiming Trump is a danger to the nation, how could s/he possibly think Trump would offer a job after that kind of attack??

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/u...ald-trump.html

So these people were "NeverTrump" until he won......now they are OK with him and want to work for him?

Excuse me, but they made their bed. They should at least stand by their principles and Trump should let 'em.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:30 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually they are surprised that anyone could be so petty.
That sentiment has to be some type of record in terms of degree of narcissistic entitlement.

These people cast their lot with an unprecedented political maneuver, lost, and will pay for their gamble. Like all gamblers do. Period.

To think that there are not penalties for playing politics, especially on such an unprecedented scale on the national stage for un-elected bureaucrats and advisors in Washington, is the opinion only of the extremely naive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies