Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 01:42 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,604,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Oh is it? I'm white. I've never been asked to take up for another white person's actions. Have you?
Of course, and the same for most occupations and positions I have held. It is a common and sometimes incorrect point of view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't expect all of that. I don't expect an individuals to know what every person within their group is doing. I just want individuals to follow the Golden Rule. Many do that. There are also those that don't...........and they scream the loudest.
Quote:
I would never think to ask someone else to do such things. I just think we should all stand for right and wrong.
I believe that is a great outlook to have.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:50 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Of course, and the same for most occupations and positions I have held. It is a common and sometimes incorrect point of view.
Not me. I've never been asked why a white person did something.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:56 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
The Black and Brown and white has been going for years in Liberty City. However being in the middle of these actions I do got to say the Black Thugs cause more problems.

Put it this way, after Hurricane Andrew, Black Thugs were looting while Latin's were helping out and cooking for their communities.

Everyone should reflect on how to make South Florida a better place, than resorting to violence on a day of peace, remembering Dr. King.

Old 01-21-2017, 02:38 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,939,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I can ask you the same thing. Whites complaining that preference for blacks is keeping them down whether it's AA or some other program.

Well, there are successful white people despite AA's existence. So why are white folks complaining about how quotas and preferences are screwing them over?
I'm not the one complaining about anybody keeping me down.

Old 01-21-2017, 03:13 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
I'm not the one complaining about anybody keeping me down.
How do I know that? I think you do.

Old 01-21-2017, 03:33 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,939,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
How do I know that? I think you do.
You were deflecting a question I posted to someone else.
I don't owe you proof and I could careless what you think.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:28 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
Quote:
WOW.

I have to wonder if people really believe this horse**** or if they are paid to post tripe.
Thinking like yours is the exact reason why the black community is in chaos. But, not only the blacks, but all races. The world is in complete chaos. You say it's always been that way? Guess what, after sin entered the world by Adam and Eve, chaos was the curse -- but further rebellion against the God of the Bible begets more chaos.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:31 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
Quote:
Actually, no shootings took place in Atlanta.
Atlanta is pathetic and full of black crime; turn on the local news every night. 99% of crime is from blacks.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Not me. I've never been asked why a white person did something.
I grew up below the poverty line in Texas, so I learned quite a bit of Spanish and was often the group Wedo. It's not uncommon for a question to be posed, "why do white people...", the time I spent on Indian reservations was similar other than they preferred the term "peckerwood" and were less likely to be friendly about it. The mist common instance of this was in college. It was a very popular line /often joke, among my black friends.

This extended to professions and other groups I was known to be a part of, "why do mechanics always...." , " why do you roughnecks ...." , etc. Etc.

It is rarely ever meant to be insulting and nearly always posed by a close acquaintance or friend.
I've never thought it was out if the norm to ask someone who is assumed to be a part of any group about said group, even though the connection can be mistaken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies