Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 06:54 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

My nephews are 4-6 years old. My Godson just turned 7. The six and seven year old showed interests in Donald Trump because they liked him. Well, in all honesty, they liked him because they heard a lot of good things about him from their moms and dads. So this is understandable.

My nephew and my Godson both asked us if the Mexican kids would be deported. We told them no, and they moved on.

That is about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 06:59 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
I feel sorry for parents with college age children over the last year. Can you imagine how embarrassing and how much of a failure you must feel like to have your children cry over an election? To demand "safe spaces" because they are "triggered" by different ideas? To have your children promoting segregation and racism? To wear safety pins when their side loses an election? To be too childish to attend school and to demand Play Doh when they lose?

While you can feel for these parents...you really can't excuse their utter failure at parenting.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:02 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,598,306 times
The Trump Presidency is going to be rough on kids whose parents don't have brains.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:02 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Most of what a kid hears can be used as a teaching tool.

Current events was discussed at our dinner table every night. By the time they were in middle school they joked that they better have an opinion about the topic, or they got no dessert.

All kids want and mostly expect fairness. Accepting it is not always so is a hard lesson to learn. Plus deciding what is fair and resolving conflict can take days of conversation.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:05 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The OP must not be old enough to remember the Clinton years when oral sex was working its way down through to the middle schoolers.
That started in the '90s? Hmm, funny, I recall people doing that when I was in high school in the '80s.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:12 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Hillary tried this in a commercial against Trump with the kids watching clips of Trump . It was a losing tactic then and it is still one now.

Trump is a successful businessman and great family man better role model than a career politician that made their money off the taxpayers and off bribes from foreign dictators and corrupt bankers .

Old 01-17-2017, 07:13 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
I actually think this country needs to move on now. The election is over, and I know some people still are battling with their PTSD due to election, lol, it is seriously move on time.

considering how ad hominem this election was, you should know that both candidates were scrutinized and their lives dissected far more than any other candidates in history.

Certainly, there are many things I don't agree with that Trump says or does, and No, as a woman, I am not attracted to man like Donald Trump (has nothing to do with his looks). But who am i kidding? I aint look for a husband material in a president, and i don't necessarily believe a nice person should be the requirement of presidency. In all fairness, I just want to give him a fighting chance, just like my loved ones have given me despite my own flaws and transgressions.

My boys (nephews and my Godson) are still interested in little boy stuff, (toys, video games, hiking, outdoors..) they can care less about politics. For the most part, they are good kids who have friends from all background. They can be annoying sometimes, for example, they would tell the other kids they might be deported. This doesn't mean the family won't discipline them. This is also the perfect opportunity to teach them the differences between legal residents and illegals; this is the opportunity to teach them law is still important in this country.

I don't really worry about my nephews and my Godson. They at very young age, already have done a lot of volunteer works, and they are compassionate good kids. In order to survive in this world, they have to be tough, and competitive. At the same time, they need to learn the art of working with all kinds of people and they need to learn how to protect themselves.

I don't really worry about other people's children, none of my businesses.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:16 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Parents of young children aren't the only ones concerned. This mom of high school and college students is worried, too.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:17 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,015 times
''Dad, you say that I'm getting drafted because our president doesn't get along with any world leader that isn't white?''

Old 01-17-2017, 07:22 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,659 times
Hasn't been great for the last 8 either.

No Allen, people should have to earn their way. When people ride for free they aren't really riding for free they are living off the hard work of others. Imagine if you and your brother both got an allowance, but only you had to do chores to earn that allowance, while he played video games.

Yes Johnny, there really is such a thing as Radical Islamic Terrorism.

No seriously all kidding aside, I am actually kind of grateful that my son's old enough now to see all of the ridiculousness from the left. He is only 13 and embarrassed for these college kids crying like kindergartners and how they have carried on over the last several years. That alone was enough to make him leery of the progressive "everything is free" and "you are entitled to everything" mentality.

Last edited by chadgates; 01-17-2017 at 07:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies