Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you have confidence in Donald Trump's ability to successfully fulfill the role of POTUS?
Yes 46 40.35%
No 57 50.00%
Still deliberating 11 9.65%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 08:18 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,681,455 times

Advertisements

I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he got the Republican nomination, but he continues his usual antics. It has even gotten worse after he won the presidency.

This guy is a loose cannon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 08:29 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The same ones that had Hillary up 6-10 points over Trump in the days before the election now have Trump's approval rating 37-40%.
I don't remember these polls showing 6-10 point lead the last days. They were neck to neck. The average on Nov 7 was 2.5%.

Feel free to think Trump has a high approval rating, but all you should have to to is look around.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:30 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
It is still too early to tell. Well, I took a YUGE risk when I voted Trump. I hope I won't be disappointed.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:37 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Default Are you confident that Donald Trump can successfully fulfill the role of POTUS?

LOL he already has saved jobs and saved money on 2 government contracts, why didn't Obama do this? Trump will be an awesome President.

Last edited by Roaddog; 01-17-2017 at 08:47 AM..

Old 01-17-2017, 08:44 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
What do you think qualifies anyone to be President, OP? There is no preparation for the job, except maybe if one had worked closely with another President. Saying Trump is not qualified is silly, because he is as qualified as anyone else who, 1. Is educated, 2. Is willing, and 3. Has received the voters support.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:35 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
I'm "confident" that's it's an essential part of Trump DNA to be "successful" - 'bring it in under budget and on time".
The Trump family has built an Empire on work ethic.

I'm "confident" that Donald Trump is not a Politician, does not owe favors to anyone for his election, is not afraid of the Media, the NeverTrumpers or the Washington Political Elite Establishment. He will hire the best he can find and make every attempt to 'fire' the corrupt and slackers.

He is fighting Major headwinds - we will see how it goes. I've never in my life either seen or read about anything like the hatred and animosity toward a President. The Left has gone completely around the bend and it's getting worse by the day. "Illegitimate President" by CongressCritters, "alleged" President by DNC, CongressCritters already calling calling for Impeachment and can't even say why (other than the Presumptive Queen LOST) - hired Thugs to March on Washington D.C. and other major cities AND to go on Monthly Retainer to be "on-call" Thugs.

Unbelievable - except that it IS happening. I'm going on record right now & suspect I won't be alone with this - The LEFT & Democrats are responsible for this garbage. The Democratic Caucus is Responsible for this garbage and so is the DNC, TeamObama & CampClinton. They say not a single word to attempt to stop this garbage - that means they are complicit in my book. The Media is complicit and so are the Democratic Voters when they allow their CongressCritter to promote this GARBAGE.

Donald Trump WILL fight back, so they better prepare themselves. I think the Public will turn against the LEFT.
I think Voters that elected the President of the United States and believe in our Democratic Republic, will respond by forcing Congress to listen to them. The FED-UP crowd has spoken, they better listen.

Ads in two dozen cities offer protesters up to $2,500 to agitate at Trump inaugural|Washington Examiner
“Get paid fighting against Trump!” says the ad.
“We pay people already politically motivated to fight for the things they believe. You were going to take action anyways, why not do so with us!” the ad continues. “We are currently seeking operatives to help send a strong message at upcoming inauguration protests.”

The job offers a monthly retainer of $2,500 plus “our standard per-event pay of $50/hr, as long as you participate in at least 6 events a year,” as well as health, vision and dental insurance for full-time operatives.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:37 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
For some reason...I am confident.

Dude seems personally a bit off, but he's been successful for a reason. And there has to be a reason why the media keeps attacking him from all over.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:44 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Since when has any president met 100% of all the peoples standards?

Old 01-17-2017, 10:48 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
I have hope that he will.

The one thing that he has going for him is his willingness to be swayed when people he trusts tell him things.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:54 AM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Since 90% of the people can't get out of their own way and are not successful at running their own lives, it doesn't really matter what they think.

But since it was asked, I think his excellent cabinet picks will steady the boat. He will succeed if he is successful at emasculating the riff-raff that Obama was so successful in recruiting. They actually think they count and should be heard. That's dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies