Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 11:44 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,991,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Jason Rector, 32, was able to join Medi-Cal because of the expansion. He’s an actor who juggles part-time jobs so he can still make time for auditions.

“Medi-Cal has been a huge lifesaver for so many of us, because we can pursue what we’re pursuing and not have to have a panic attack if we start to come down with a cold,” said Rector, who lives in Culver City. “It’s just the unknown of what comes next that worries me.”
In other words, this failed 32 year old actor is busy playing make believe on the backs of California tax payers. He's not elderly, crippled, disabled, or mentally compromised or any of the cases many leftist democrats try to bring up when discussing the expansion of MediCal, he's simply an able bodied healthy man making the decision to NOT work full-time and let California tax payers foot the bill so he can play pretend for 20 hours a week.

Also, Pelosi's comments fit pretty well here.

Quote:
Pelosi often has praised Obamacare in this way, saying it enables Americans to quit their jobs and become artists.

“We see it as an entrepreneurial bill,” Pelosi said in May 2010. “A bill that says to someone, if you want to be creative and be a musician or whatever, you can leave your work, focus on your talent, your skill, your passion, your aspirations because you will have health care.”

Last year, while marking the second anniversary of the health care law, Pelosi used a similar line, saying Obamacare allows you to quit your job and become “whatever.
Yup, just quit your job and shirk all responsibility so you can become an "artist" while taxpayers subsidize your lifestyle!

13.5 million Californians are covered by Medi-Cal. Here's how Trump's plan could cost the state - LA Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 12:11 PM

8,392 posts, read 7,654,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
I can't speak for him but there are a lot of reasons to live in a place you might disagree with politically. Great weather, great scenery, great beaches, great job, national parks, nature, Napa...

But since CaliRestoration wants to keep the focus on his feelings about medicare and ACA, let's keep the focus there. CaliRestoration, what do you suggest we personaly do to help change the situation? Should we contact our state representatives? Our federal representatives? Is there are letter template we could use in writing to our reprsentatives? Is there a petition we could sign somewhere? Is there an advocacy organization that is working to fix this issue that you would recommend we volunteer our time with? Should we run for office ourselves?

Calirestoration, I know you said that you don't want personal questions, but I think it would be useful if you could share what you are doing to change this infuriating issue.

Perhaps we could all then follow your example and take similar actions to solve the crisis with ACA and medicare/mediCAL. Surely, with your passion for these issues, you must be doing more than just posting about them on internet forums.

Give your "fans" some concrete things they can do to help fix all of the horrible things you see going on in California.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-20-2017 at 04:17 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 01-17-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post

But since CaliRestoration wants to keep the focus on his feelings about medicare and ACA, let me ask him this: What do you suggest we do to change the situation? Should we contact our state representatives? Run for office ourselves? Is there an advocacy organization that is working to fix this issue that you would recommend we volunteer our time with?
Stop voting democrat in California is the easiest and best way to stop the madness. Contacting your democrat reps/senators does nothing. They don't listen to you unless you've put at least $100,000 into their pockets (and let's be honest, most people who vote democrat don't have that kind of money). ACA was passed with 100% leftist/democrat support, and 0 independent/libertarian/republican support.

Vote independent/libertarian/republican but skip voting Democrat. If you can do this, and get 2-3 of your friends to see the light, and they do the same, so on and so on, things would start changing for the better.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-20-2017 at 04:18 AM.. Reason: response to deletion

Old 01-17-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Stop voting democrat in California is the easiest and best way to stop the madness. Contacting your democrat reps/senators does nothing. They don't listen to you unless you've put at least $100,000 into their pockets (and let's be honest, most people who vote democrat don't have that kind of money). ACA was passed with 100% leftist/democrat support, and 0 independent/libertarian/republican support.

Vote independent/libertarian/republican but skip voting Democrat. If you can do this, and get 2-3 of your friends to see the light, and they do the same, so on and so on, things would start changing for the better.
What else can people do before the next election, Calirestoration? After all, elections only happen every couple of years. I'm sure your fans want to take action NOW!

So, give us some concrete ideas, beyond who to vote for.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
What else can people do before the next election, Calirestoration? After all, elections only happen every couple of years. I'm sure your fans want to take action NOW!

So, give us some concrete ideas, beyond who to vote for.
Unfortunately you can't do much now (elections have consequences). The democrat super majority in California will expand medical, or IMO they'll try to implement a CA only version of ACA (which would be disastrous) regardless of what it will do to the California budget or taxpayer wallets.

Just talk to your leftist friends, explain the evils of the democrat party in California, begin with these topics during a friendly lunch or dinner.

- Spending and taxing into prosperity is a myth
- Why DNC corruption is so wide spread
- Taking personal responsibility of one's life instead of giving up all freedom to the state.

I suggest going to PragerU and watching most of their videos.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I'm no longer a resident of California actually (although I still own homes and other property in the state).

The homes I own are in very naturally beautiful areas which is why I stomach paying taxes on them supporting the beast. No way around it unfortunately.

But at least my tax hit isn't as big as it used to be.
Ah, so you don't actually live in California then?

Old 01-17-2017, 12:36 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,412,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSav View Post
HA! In that case i will share some cynicism with you. I wouldnt be surprised if he becomes our first 3 term president.
Too late as the law does not allow it and ........... Franklin Roosevelt did it.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Ah, so you don't actually live in California then?
Do you live in California?

Old 01-17-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately you can't do much now (elections have consequences). The democrat super majority in California will expand medical, or IMO they'll try to implement a CA only version of ACA (which would be disastrous) regardless of what it will do to the California budget or taxpayer wallets.

Just talk to your leftist friends, explain the evils of the democrat party in California, begin with these topics during a friendly lunch or dinner.

- Spending and taxing into prosperity is a myth
- Why DNC corruption is so wide spread
- Taking personal responsibility of one's life instead of giving up all freedom to the state.

I suggest going to PragerU and watching most of their videos.
Is that it? Those are your only suggestions on how people can fix this situation?

I'm not a democrat, so I have that one covered. I don't have any "leftist friends." And, gee, thanks for the video suggestion, but I don't think that spending time watching YouTube is going to actually change anything.

So, what else can someone who wants to do more than complain do to fix the situation with ACA/medicare?

Do you have a petition you've started that people can sign? Maybe you have written a letter to your elected officials that you can share as a template for others to use in contacting their elected officials? What political advocacy group that is working to make change in this area are you volunteering your time with? What type of hands on help does that organization need from volunteers?

Or, is posting anonymously on internet sites the only course of action you'd recommend to make this happen?

If so, that's a shame. With all of your fans, it seems like you could make a real change if you could give them some concrete actions to take.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:44 PM

30,901 posts, read 36,980,033 times
Quote:
CaliRestoration, a serious question: why do you continue to live in a place that makes you so continually frustrated and unhappy?

Surely there must be another state somewhere in the U.S. that would suit you better and keep your blood pressure at a lower boiling point.
Actually, it's pretty much impossible to move away from the ever growing welfare state. It may be more advanced in CA, but the trend is the same everywhere. Ultimately, it's not there for our welfare. It's there for reasons of power and control.

All that aside, our medical system is a major failure no matter what we do. That's because we spend $1 Trillion a year on treating largely preventable diseases. Fighting with each other about who pays for it after people get sick doesn't get at the root of the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waGHi6aMzh8&t=16s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies