Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 04:05 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times

Advertisements

The latest brave words from the Democrats is that they are going to "hold Trump accountable."

Really?

I wonder how.

The Democrats don't have the House or the Senate.

In 2018, they'll lose even more seats in the Senate from states that voted for Trump.

They had 18 months to hold him accountable when he was running for office -- didn't happen.

And I'm not even asking "accountable for what?" -- but we can explore that, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 04:08 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
When have the Democrats ever held someone accountable?

Old 01-18-2017, 04:10 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Hahahaha

Democrats have no political power. They were decimated in 2014 & 2016.

And the idiot Democrats who decide to boycott the inauguration will have even less than that. They won't get one piece of legislation passed for the next two years. Sad day for their constituents.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:18 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
When have the Democrats ever held someone accountable?
True. When Obama announced he was giving Bush & Cheney immunity, I realized they were not into it. Phony 'investigations' have always been a GOP pastime.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:20 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
True. When Obama announced he was giving Bush & Cheney immunity, I realized they were not into it.
He gave them immunity?

When?

Old 01-18-2017, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
True. When Obama announced he was giving Bush & Cheney immunity, I realized they were not into it. Phony 'investigations' have always been a GOP pastime.
So you claim the Democrat led FBI investigation into the Clinton email server was phony or not? So you claim the Democrat led DOJ investigation into the Democrat led FBI's role, is phony or not?

You can't have it both ways.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:25 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Obviously, you don't know how American politics work.

A minority that holds together can make s president's life hell. You're assuming that Republicans will hold together in the majority. They didn't do it the last few times they had a majority, and they won't do it now. Moreover, Dems don't really need a fractured Republican Party to to wreak havoc. But there will be a fractured Republican Party regardless so that makes it far easier.

Remember Repubs...Trump won. Republicans won nothing. I don't know anything about Donald Trump, and you guys know even less than I do. You voted for him on a lark...not because you know his political philosophy or whether or not he's competent. You DON'T know either. All you know is that he's not Hillary. That's it.

You'd better hope you made the right bet. I know for a fact that you're all terrified that you didn't...but you'll never admit it here. You don't have to though. The more cocky and garrulous you are about this whole thing, the more scared I know you are.

I'm just gonna sit back and watch the show. I've got a big enough bag of popcorn to last four years! I'm gonna enjoy it too.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:28 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,367,951 times
"We" as in "We the People" ... but then again, that escapes many here.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:33 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
He gave them immunity?When?
Is your Google broken?

He announced right off the bat in 2009, and it was made official after the 2013 Wikileaks scandal.

First he said no one who carrier our orders, like waterboarding will be prosecuted, and then he continued by saying those who gave the orders or authorized the will not be either.

About the servicemen: "it is our intention to assure those who carried out their duties relying in good faith upon legal advice from the Department of Justice, that they will not be subject to prosecution." - BO

About the officials: "This Week" about the fate of those officials, Emanuel said the president believes they "should not be prosecuted either and that's not the place that we go." - WH

"This is a time for reflection, not retribution. I respect the strong views and emotions that these issues evoke. We have been through a dark and painful chapter in our history. But at a time of great challenges and disturbing disunity, nothing will be gained by spending our time and energy laying blame for the past." - BO

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/aide-oba...ush-officials/

After Wikileaks revealed more sensitive info making Bush admin look even worse, prosecution was brought up again, and Obama declared he will grant "absolute immunity" for the officials of Bush admit, and it was officially filed with the DOJ

Obama Gives Bush "Absolute Immunity" For Everything | Common Dreams | Breaking News & Views for the Progressive Community

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...h-cia-torturer

I take it you are a FOX viewer, which would explain why this is the first time you hear about this.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Obviously, you don't know how American politics work.

A minority that holds together can make s president's life hell.
Obviously you don't know how Congress works. But here's your chance to impress us.

Please explain how the Democrats can make Trump's life "hell" based on the rules of the Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies