Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 11:39 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Indeed. But the Trump protesters won't have to take any time off of work so there's that, at least.
True... what with so many of them being in white-collar fields with perks like flex time, I'm sure they can get the time off, no problem.

The clock-punchers who work in the Rust Belt (the ones with jobs) will have a tough time getting a day off and paying to go to DC.

Hey! You might have just sorted out what Trump plans to blame low turnout on...

Old 01-18-2017, 11:42 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Crowds for Obama were estimated at 1.8M in 2009. What will Trump's excuse be for his smaller
turnout? There are only so many people he can pay to be there.

I'm guessing he'll blame it on the rain. Or make up some random number and say that was the
attendance.

How do you think the crowds will be?
The crowd will be huge.
But I don't see how it could compare to President Obama's first inauguration. Whether you liked his politics or not (mostly I do not) it was historic for him to be elected.

Estimating crowd size is not an exact science so I suspect Trump will estimate high while the NY Times and MSNBC will estimate low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 11:43 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
True... what with so many of them being in white-collar fields with perks like flex time, I'm sure they can get the time off, no problem.

The clock-punchers who work in the Rust Belt (the ones with jobs) will have a tough time getting a day off and paying to go to DC.

Hey! You might have just sorted out what Trump plans to blame low turnout on...
Are any Russian airlines planning to expand to america? Maybe they can launch their inaugural flights from the Rust Belt to DC.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:46 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well hey, at least this first president elected by social media sentiment is sticking to what he is good at. And he is creating jobs for the Facebook advertising department. Win win!

Old 01-18-2017, 11:50 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Crowds for Obama were estimated at 1.8M in 2009. What will Trump's excuse be for his smaller
turnout? There are only so many people he can pay to be there.

I'm guessing he'll blame it on the rain. Or make up some random number and say that was the
attendance.

How do you think the crowds will be?
Trump hasn't been wrong yet and those numbers on obama are from his propaganda machine. Alos obama was a novelty election winner and everyone wanted to be part of history hoping he would live up to his word and his supporters expectation...which he didn't.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:53 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If "putting up flyers" is a "white-collar field" then yes, I suppose that you're right.

But any real white-collar worker who would take time off to go to a protest march has this coming, just like Barack Obama:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75SEy1qu71I

Old 01-18-2017, 04:14 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
It will be an amazing inauguration, the best inauguration.
It'll be bigly! Yuge!!

Old 01-18-2017, 04:16 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
The crowd will be huge.
But I don't see how it could compare to President Obama's first inauguration. Whether you liked his politics or not (mostly I do not) it was historic for him to be elected.

Estimating crowd size is not an exact science so I suspect Trump will estimate high while the NY Times and MSNBC will estimate low.
He's sending Facebook ads to promote the event and people are complaining that they cannot unsubscribe from his emails and they just keep coming.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:15 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,168 times
There will probably be more protesters there than supporters. Honestly, most the people that voted for Trump will be at work. add to this that the majority of unemployed Trump supporters live in rust belt states that were destroyed by liberal policies, so I doubt they'll be making the trip. These inaugurations are stupid anyways. The entire thing shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. Let Ted Nugent play the Star Spangled Banner, as Trump drags his huge balls on stage to say "there's a new sheriff in town," and call it a day.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:18 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Trump hasn't been wrong yet and those numbers on obama are from his propaganda machine.
I guess the hotels are faking all these available rooms, too. It's all a conspiracy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies