Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 07:19 PM

33,507 posts, read 37,049,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
I've been burning firewood like crazy this winter. Last few days our backyard firepit has been blazing!
I'll bet you can see it from space!
I must apologize for increasing the Earth's temperature. Once Spring comes, I'll cut back.
Wood is not fossil fuel and burning it has little effect on the climate....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 07:22 PM

16,875 posts, read 10,533,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
I've been burning firewood like crazy this winter. Last few days our backyard firepit has been blazing!
I'll bet you can see it from space!
I must apologize for increasing the Earth's temperature. Once Spring comes, I'll cut back.
I burn those bags you get from the supermarket. They burn up real easy and they're free!

Old 01-18-2017, 07:26 PM

5,088 posts, read 2,296,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Go back and read the graph associated with the OP, 2016 is the warmest year and pretty much every year since 2000 with one exception.

Using "Notalotofpeopleknowthat " and you expect people to take you seriously.
And you expect a politician to fix this for you?

Old 01-18-2017, 09:01 PM

30,078 posts, read 18,892,085 times
The people reporting on the temps are the same people that predicted a 95% probability that Hillary wins.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:09 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,747,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
"MIT climate scientist Dr. Richard Lindzen has ridiculed the ‘hottest year’ claims. “The uncertainty here is tenths of a degree. When someone points to this and says this is the warmest temperature on record, what are they talking about? It’s just nonsense. This is a very tiny change period,†Lindzen said. “If you can adjust temperatures to 2/10ths of a degree, it means it wasn’t certain to 2/10ths of a degree.â€

Two satellite datasets agree: The Pause lives on: ‘No warming for the last 18 years’

RSS Confirm 2016 Is Tied With 1998 As Warmest Year

the margin of error is 0.1C, so statistically 2016 is tied with 1998 as the warmest year in the satellite record. The fact that there has been no warming for the last 18 years is a massive blow to the credibility of climate science.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.word...-warmest-year/
Do you have a peer-reviewed paper on this analysis that we can look at?

Old 01-18-2017, 10:20 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,747,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Feel free to gnash your teeth, fret impotently, while life goes on regardless of what people do.
Haha, I don't gnash my teeth at all. I am perfectly fine with the findings of the American Geophysical Union, the Nation Academy of Science, the Physical Society, the US National Research Council, The Royal Society of the UK, and many other professional science organizations, all of which concur with the position that humans have impacted global climate.

Really, the AGW ship has sailed and those who are still complaining are looking kind of lame with their whining. Kind of like those who still think the earth is flat.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:30 AM

33,507 posts, read 37,049,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Do you have a peer-reviewed paper on this analysis that we can look at?
No, of course he doesn't....

Richard Lindzen is one of the approximately 3 percent of climate scientists who believe the human influence on global warming is relatively small (though Lindzen is now retired, no longer doing scientific research). More importantly, he's been wrong about nearly every major climate argument he's made over the past two decades. Lindzen is arguably the climate scientist who's been the wrongest, longest.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...nge-scepticism

Old 01-19-2017, 12:54 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,173,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Haha, I don't gnash my teeth at all. I am perfectly fine with the findings of the American Geophysical Union, the Nation Academy of Science, the Physical Society, the US National Research Council, The Royal Society of the UK, and many other professional science organizations, all of which concur with the position that humans have impacted global climate.

Really, the AGW ship has sailed and those who are still complaining are looking kind of lame with their whining. Kind of like those who still think the earth is flat.
That ship actually sank some time ago.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:09 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,493,847 times
Quote:
Where's Waldo?? Every time I ask the same question they disappear.
I've no idea what you are talking about. But I'll make a guess since you asked.

Your topic simply states this is the 3rd hottest year in potentially 150 years of weather reporting. I believe you attempt, to imply this means that
  • Global warming exists based on a NY Times article.
  • That humans are responsible for this global warming.
Why didn't you just state that if this is what you believe? However I'll point out this is hardly the scientific method. But it's exactly a parroting of the social theme of the day pumped out constantly by the MSM.

Is this what you were looking for? Because it's hardly anything more than that.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:10 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,531,503 times
Quote:
True a carbon tax won't effect the Milankovitch Cycles but it can certainly change mans habits.

Why is the earth heating the last 100 years?
It won't change many habits, and certainly not stop the couple of billion people working towards a first world lifestyle.

Imagine another billion refrigerators and air conditioners.

If the AGW crowd really wanted to help save the planet, they'd call for severe immigration limits. The problem is that out of the two PC topics, helping immigrants trumps saving the planet.

Go ahead and push for a tax that will punish the poor while accomplishing nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies