Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 03:04 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,526,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
My personal opinion here-why should he be investigated? Did he allow 4 Americans to die in Benghazi? And cover it up? Did he do anything to cost peoples lives?

Why investigate him?
Because he said mean things?
Because he doesn't sugar coat anything to be politically correct?
Because he (and I don't mean this as a personal attack to you) followed the tax code and strategically used bankruptcy protection to be "tax exempt" for a period of time? That's smart. That's strategic. I assume you don't own or operate a business? Nor know how bankruptcy protection works, and what each chapter is and how they work?

Because the red scare is so convenient to toss up in typical democrat fashion, reject personal accountability. Let's place blame else where. Can't accept that the great white beast lost too bad.

If this were a play ground, the world being a playground, you make rumors up like that about a kid, and that kid comes and plows your teeth down your throat you got what you deserved. I'd rather not enter another Cold War because hildabeast lost and democrats can't accept it. Cry outrage over meddling elections, yet nothing was said about Sanders being sidelined for Clinton...

And unlike having our teeth punched down our throats... These rumors and tensions can lead to all out nuclear war. And for what? Because Hilary lost and you need someone to pin the blame on... That's smart.
I turned 29 years old in august, I hope you're younger than me and being indoctrinated by a social justice warrior professor in college to make such a statement.

Trump can't be bought. Your politicians can. We need more like trump who will work in the interest of the American people regardless of race color creed religion. National sovereignty isn't racism. Nor nazi ism.

Prepare yourselves. Real change is coming. Obama promised change. Yes pocket change. Sorry I'll keep my dollars, my guns, my rights, you can have the change.

Why do you think rich people can't be bought? Why do you assume that he can't be touched?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 03:22 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Now the left are threatening to impeach Trump... because of his tweeting.

They can't have this loose cannon upsetting their apple cart. Swamp monsters rising up and fighting for the status quo.

Old 01-18-2017, 03:25 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Black man here and I totally agree with her. Lewis HASN'T done anything for us since the 60's. He's gotta stop riding that .."but..but....Selma..and...I marched" crap. It's getting old. My own dad is his age and he went marched also in the south during the 60s and got hosed down/beat and he doesn't hold a grudge about it AND my own dad voted for Trump also over Hillary.

It's a shame that some of these leaders forgot what they initially fought for so long ago...

Yet, the media race-baited everything, and made it seem like "RACIST TRUMP ATTACKED CIVIL RIGHTS LEADER!" Ugh. Once you get past the media narrative, Trump definitely at least seems interested in helping out these communities....
I do hope Trumps policies do help every one, something has to be done. I'm a white woman in a blue wall state that they took for granted would vote Democrat and I as a woman was expected to vote for Hillary based on my gender.

The way they railed against white men, did they really expect me to hate my husband or brothers because they are white men? I've even read articles where Democrats said women who supported Trump were women who can't think for ourselves and have to do what the men tell us pfft, that's false and it's insulting.

People are individuals and Democrat identity politics is a turn off,

Last edited by petch751; 01-18-2017 at 04:19 PM..

Old 01-18-2017, 03:29 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
THIS is why Trump was elected...legitimately! People are waking up to the reality on both sides of the aisle. Politicians are all talk and NO action. They are all about creating victim groups on both sides and pitting them against each other, all while doing NOTHING to effect change and make lives better. I didn't support Trump, but I pray that he will be the catalyst needed in DC to wake up the political elites to see that all those caricatures they have created as straw men for their political advancement are actually REAL AMERICAN PEOPLE who really do want, life, liberty and the ability to pursue their happiness without the big bully government destroying opportunities for the "little people" who actually DO KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR US!!
How the Left's Racial Politics Backfired

But they are now surrounded by a culture obsessed with both race and gender. And they are regularly lectured by the liberal elites who just got spanked at the polls that they should think about it all the time.

https://fee.org/articles/how-the-lef...popular_widget

Old 01-18-2017, 05:00 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,493,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
Why do you think rich people can't be bought? Why do you assume that he can't be touched?
He's self made, right or wrong? Regardless of how you agree with what he's done is irrelevant.

He tells it like it is whether it hurts feelings or not.
I've overseen business operations for my parents when they were out of town for months at a time. At 19-22 years old, I had to make decisions that benefitted the company and it's reputation. Kind of hard to have to lay off workers who thought I'd cut them slack. They were made examples of, productivity went back up to where it once was. Fresh crop of replacements either kept up with the pace or found themselves in the same boat as the ones they had replaced.

I only care about whether they get the job done right the first time, every time, within a budget and deadline. If it can't be met, heads roll.
That's what I hope happens in Washington. All the establishment politicians both sides, eradicated. With OUR best interest in mind, not wall street, not bankers, not a special interest group. Hilary she'd sell her own daughter in Mexico if she could to make a buck...Maybe that's why the left wants war with Russia... After all Hilary sold Russia weapons grade uranium...Probably wants to go in find it and destroy it like we did in desert storm for the weapons of mass destruction Rumsfeld sold sadam to use against Iran...

Trump. He's got his own money. He can't be bought, just like me, and my parents couldn't be bought.
He's a business man who made it. Not a politician who hasn't... One who needs to put their hands out and one hand washes the other with interest groups.

This country will be run like a business, not some pandering brigade to win votes, there will be no time for feelings opinions and emotions. Fact and logic, proven leaders who've done something to benefit the economy, the security of our streets, the security of our borders, and the interest of the American public put first.

Trump cutting business taxes, putting the EPA back in check will only benefit business greatly. Especially the return of manufacturing. Lessen the tax and penalty burden set by democratic ways. We will all win...

End tensions with Russia and tag team the Middle East together no more Cold War tensions. No more ISIS Taliban Hezbollah Al Queda. Place moderates in charge of those countries who embrace western culture and ideals, no more radical fundamentalist extremist zealots who seek to destroy every culture in the world in the name of a death cult religion. We don't have time for boohoo social justice warrior issues. Those can come at a later date.

Kill Obama care, kill the social hand out/entitlement programs. End suppression through the democratic plantation. Enlighten yourselves. Can't afford health insurance? Get a better job or some marketable skills that yield a better pay scale.

Don't burry yourself in debt with student loans. Take a couple years after highschool and work save money up and put yourself through school. There are skilled trades that pay 16-19 year olds at an apprentice level 15-18 bucks an hour. Use your eyes and ears you'll find them... It's what I did in highschool to get out from under my parents rule... I'm going to hold off before I open a business down here until I see what all is true. If the tax is reduced to 15% as promised...

2nd amendment will be here to stay. I only hope he locks up for treason;Californian and North east states anti 2A leaders who've intruded and trampled on the citizens rights out of fear mongering over a handful of shootings. Blaming the instrument and not the one behind it.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:06 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Does it matter ???

You guys use the exact same language on this site when you use the phrase Democratic Plantation.
And "you guys" want reparations from whitey, when the guilty whitey's died generations ago. Welcome to 2017!

Old 01-18-2017, 05:15 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,645,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I do hope Trumps policies do help every one, something has to be done. I'm a white woman in a blue wall state that they took for granted would vote Democrat and I as a woman was expected to vote for Hillary based on my gender.

The way they railed against white men, did they really expect me to hate my husband or brothers because they are white men? I've even read articles where Democrats said women who supported Trump were women who can't think for ourselves and have to do what the men tell us pfft, that's false and it's insulting.

People are individuals and Democrat identity politics is a turn off,
Yeah...seriously. I hate that the media is acting like white men are the scum of the Earth. That doesn't make any sense. Watch some of the Trump rallies on YouTube, and listen to what Trump says, actually. And watch the things he said back in the 80's and 90's. He really didn't seem like that bad of a dude.

The media was SO pressed on Hillary winning, that they twisted everything he did and said and made him seem like this sexual, racist, bigoted monster. When ...all the media did was take selected clips of him, edited the footage, or misquoted him/attacked people in a way he didn't (aka what DID he say that was so racist to John Lewis? The tweet he mentioned indicated things I actually agree with). Then they turned that 2005 convo into something that made him seem like a monster, but...the guy ....likes women. And has had multiple wives?? I mean, I guess, but the media twisted it into "he rapes women". ANd when they said he made fun of that handicapped guy...yeah, not only is that footage slightly edited due to timing, but he LITERALLY does that pose a lot. It's his "I'm making fun of someone" voice that he actually does with multiple folks....

I've followed Trump since the 90's. I've never got a bad "racist, sexist" vibe from him. Yes, he talks waaay too much on Twitter, and he has a hot head. But that doesn't mean he's this evil, racist, sexist, Nazi who wants to ban everyone's rights. However, I got more of that vibe from Hillary last year than him. (I carry hot sauce all the time.....is my pandering working? Blacks are doing great...now, look, here's Jay-Z and Beyonce...cause you people like them, right???) F off.

tl;dr The media brainwashed a LOT of people. It's really sad...to the point where if you have an opinion, you're now a racist, homophobic, misogynist, alt-righter. I used to be totally left wing before this, but these people's behavior makes me want no part of this. Never have I ever wanted to censor or bash someone's opinions. But now...eek.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:20 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,493,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Yeah...seriously. I hate that the media is acting like white men are the scum of the Earth. That doesn't make any sense. Watch some of the Trump rallies on YouTube, and listen to what Trump says, actually. And watch the things he said back in the 80's and 90's. He really didn't seem like that bad of a dude.

The media was SO pressed on Hillary winning, that they twisted everything he did and said and made him seem like this sexual, racist, bigoted monster. When ...all the media did was take selected clips of him, edited the footage, or misquoted him/attacked people in a way he didn't (aka what DID he say that was so racist to John Lewis? The tweet he mentioned indicated things I actually agree with). Then they turned that 2005 convo into something that made him seem like a monster, but...the guy ....likes women. And has had multiple wives?? I mean, I guess, but the media twisted it into "he rapes women". ANd when they said he made fun of that handicapped guy...yeah, not only is that footage slightly edited due to timing, but he LITERALLY does that pose a lot. It's his "I'm making fun of someone" voice that he actually does with multiple folks....

I've followed Trump since the 90's. I've never got a bad "racist, sexist" vibe from him. Yes, he talks waaay too much on Twitter, and he has a hot head. But that doesn't mean he's this evil, racist, sexist, Nazi who wants to ban everyone's rights. However, I got more of that vibe from Hillary last year than him. (I carry hot sauce all the time.....is my pandering working? Blacks are doing great...now, look, here's Jay-Z and Beyonce...cause you people like them, right???) F off.

tl;dr The media brainwashed a LOT of people. It's really sad...to the point where if you have an opinion, you're now a racist, homophobic, misogynist, alt-righter. I used to be totally left wing before this, but these people's behavior makes me want no part of this. Never have I ever wanted to censor or bash someone's opinions. But now...eek.
No it's Phobocisticismist. Deplorable for short

Old 01-19-2017, 07:01 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
My personal opinion here-why should he be investigated? Did he allow 4 Americans to die in Benghazi? And cover it up? Did he do anything to cost peoples lives?

Why investigate him?
Because he said mean things?
Because he doesn't sugar coat anything to be politically correct?
Because he (and I don't mean this as a personal attack to you) followed the tax code and strategically used bankruptcy protection to be "tax exempt" for a period of time? That's smart. That's strategic. I assume you don't own or operate a business? Nor know how bankruptcy protection works, and what each chapter is and how they work?

Because the red scare is so convenient to toss up in typical democrat fashion, reject personal accountability. Let's place blame else where. Can't accept that the great white beast lost too bad.

If this were a play ground, the world being a playground, you make rumors up like that about a kid, and that kid comes and plows your teeth down your throat you got what you deserved. I'd rather not enter another Cold War because hildabeast lost and democrats can't accept it. Cry outrage over meddling elections, yet nothing was said about Sanders being sidelined for Clinton...

And unlike having our teeth punched down our throats... These rumors and tensions can lead to all out nuclear war. And for what? Because Hilary lost and you need someone to pin the blame on... That's smart.
I turned 29 years old in august, I hope you're younger than me and being indoctrinated by a social justice warrior professor in college to make such a statement.

Trump can't be bought. Your politicians can. We need more like trump who will work in the interest of the American people regardless of race color creed religion. National sovereignty isn't racism. Nor nazi ism.

Prepare yourselves. Real change is coming. Obama promised change. Yes pocket change. Sorry I'll keep my dollars, my guns, my rights, you can have the change.
Kudos!

Old 01-19-2017, 07:07 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
THIS is why Trump was elected...legitimately! People are waking up to the reality on both sides of the aisle. Politicians are all talk and NO action. They are all about creating victim groups on both sides and pitting them against each other, all while doing NOTHING to effect change and make lives better. I didn't support Trump, but I pray that he will be the catalyst needed in DC to wake up the political elites to see that all those caricatures they have created as straw men for their political advancement are actually REAL AMERICAN PEOPLE who really do want, life, liberty and the ability to pursue their happiness without the big bully government destroying opportunities for the "little people" who actually DO KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR US!!
He will, and this is just the beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies