Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 03:37 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times

Advertisements

The OP must believe we are going back to the time of Leave it to Beaver. Mom stayed home and cleaned the house while Dad went out and made enough to support his family. He would come home all happy and they would make babies all night.

LOL

Old 05-25-2017, 02:16 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Our birth rate is fine. We have to figure out how to drastically cut the birthrate of the other ignorant, dependent groups.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:19 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Minority babies outnumbered white babies being born last year. With Trump's victory, can we expect to see a sudden rise in the white birth rate over the next several years? Trump has brought a new level of optimism and hopefulness which his supporters say the country has been missing ever since Reagan. Will Trump's economic successes over the next few years lead to a boom in the white birth rate which declined during the economic hardships of Obama's Great Recession?
For the love of sanity, what on earth would make you come to such a stupid conclusion?

What? You think us dem dare white folk been hoden off on popyalaten be cuz dem dare colored folk been doing well?

Seriously, this is the most racist, backward ignorant drivel I have heard in a long time.

For the love of sanity is this a "dumb arse" point.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:25 PM

1,065 posts, read 597,725 times
Quote:
Minority babies outnumbered white babies being born last year. With Trump's victory, can we expect to see a sudden rise in the white birth rate over the next several years? Trump has brought a new level of optimism and hopefulness which his supporters say the country has been missing ever since Reagan. Will Trump's economic successes over the next few years lead to a boom in the white birth rate which declined during the economic hardships of Obama's Great Recession?
Naw. Not a chance, not a prayer. Trump represents the last gasp of the wasp. If there are any economic successes, it's because people are dying so others can prosper. Hope this helps as you decide which languages you may need to get acquainted with.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:03 PM

1,204 posts, read 872,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Well this is a pretty ludicrous premise from the get go.

But let's go back and do a bit of a more factual analysis:
1. educated women from all ethnic groups tend to have fewer kids
2. educated women tend to wait longer to have kids
3. more women of child-bearing age are choosing not to have all kids (of all ethnicities)
4. wealth and income have a negative correlation with child birth - so the more money a household has, the less kids they have

So if Trump "fixes" the economy, more women will have jobs, jobs will be higher paying and more people with have more education (which is the current trend anyway) so basically nope. White people won't be having more kids out of the blue.

Besides the fact all trends in this country are showing lower birth rates and declining rates of motherhood, the birth rate are much higher with immigrants than "native born" americans so the people having kids the most won't be allowed in anyway if Trump has his way.

I expect the population growth rate to decline actually!
Thanks for the reasoned response.

Gonna add, that declining birthrate and lower GDP are linked according to most articles I have read. Over and over the articles point to the very things you mentioned causing the need for immigration as needed to stimulate GDP expansion above a 2ish % rate.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:14 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
No, the short reign of the Golden Boy is not going to make America White again, and the crowd wonders why this is even important to you.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:21 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Obama's Great Recession? Please. That's GWB's recession. You must get your info from Hannity.

Trump's economic success? You mean the Trump family lining their pockets? Because Americans are still in the same place they were in November 2008.

Aww, you want to see more white babies.

I don't see an increase in the "white birth rate" because too many white people are addicted to pills and heroin and they're basically killing themselves. So, no reproduction there.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:30 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
Naw. Not a chance, not a prayer. Trump represents the last gasp of the wasp. If there are any economic successes, it's because people are dying so others can prosper. Hope this helps as you decide which languages you may need to get acquainted with.
Last gasp of the Scotch-Irish WASP, perhaps.

Old 05-25-2017, 04:39 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
Actually he's the last gasp of White America period.

On to the topic at hand. I am a 29 y/o male and I don't have a single female friend that wants more than two kids, and a significant portion have indicated that they want zero kids. I myself am not too keen on the idea of having offspring, but hey that's something I will discuss with Miss Perfect when I find her. A large number of people my age don't want kids at all because they view kids as an "anchor" that will keep them from traveling, having a good job, going out on Saturday night, etc and not to mention that kids are very expensive. It takes - on average - over $200,000 to raise just ONE child in the United States ... and I would imagine that figure is even higher here on Long Island.

Lastly, there's the age. Maybe this is a Long Island thing, but most people around here don't start becoming parents until their very late 20s or early 30s. Most of my friends that are parents right now became so without planning to do so. Generally speaking, having kids after your mid to upper 30s is very iffy due to the increased risk of complications. Simply put, we don't have time to have more than 1 or 2 kids even if we wanted to.

Old 05-25-2017, 04:41 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Why would it change?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies