Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 04:44 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Why would it change?
Because Daddy Trump gon make 'Murica White again!1!1!1! MAGA!1!!!11!

/s

Old 05-25-2017, 04:45 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Minority babies outnumbered white babies being born last year. With Trump's victory, can we expect to see a sudden rise in the white birth rate over the next several years? Trump has brought a new level of optimism and hopefulness which his supporters say the country has been missing ever since Reagan. Will Trump's economic successes over the next few years lead to a boom in the white birth rate which declined during the economic hardships of Obama's Great Recession?
Probably - because all those stupid White Women are going to get turned on and get weak in the knees at the thought of hunky President Trump and his orange hair and little hands.

This is one of the silliest threads ever posted here.

Ken

Old 05-25-2017, 04:53 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Lastly, there's the age. Maybe this is a Long Island thing, but most people around here don't start becoming parents until their very late 20s or early 30s. Most of my friends that are parents right now became so without planning to do so. Generally speaking, having kids after your mid to upper 30s is very iffy due to the increased risk of complications. Simply put, we don't have time to have more than 1 or 2 kids even if we wanted to.
Same is true where I live. My son is in Kindergarten and I'm 46 (and I have a daughter who is 2). My Dad was 27 when I was born (in Pennsylvania in 1970) and I was 40 when my son was born. I thought I was going to be "the old dad" when I went to the first day of dropping my son off at Kindergarten. However, while I'm on the older half of dads, I was certainly not alone; some of the fathers that I've gotten to know are 50. It's incredibly difficult to own a house in Pacific Beach if you are in your late 20s, so a lot of guys start having families late. When my wife was pregnant with our second child, she was 36. During one of our pre-natal doctor visits, she saw her file when her doctor was out of the room and it said "elderly" on it. It's nearly impossible to have five children if you start as late as we did.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:02 PM

1,094 posts, read 499,200 times
No way, this whole concept is fantasy. The issues reducing America's birth rate far transcend the politics of the moment and whoever might be in the Oval Office at a given time. The main reason whites and everyone in the US are having fewer babies is that cost of living has gotten utterly insane, like another poster wrote it's $250,000 to raise a kid and this is even before you figure in college costs! Student loans are getting worse and very oppressive. The USA has the highest divorce rate in the world or near highest, and divorce is financially devastating for both spouses since the lawyers and courts can make so much money off it, and this too turns people off to marriage and having kids. Though the main reason is the USA's healthcare insanity, it's dangerous to have a kid because even if you have insurance, inevitably a lot of the caregivers are out of network. So even an uncomplicated birth can cost tens of thousands of dollars out of pocket for insured people, and God help you if you have birth complications. I've known very well to do professionals get bankrupted from a difficult birth. And then heath care costs of the kid growing up are awful. If you're upper class you're so insanely busy running on the hamster wheel you won't have time for your kids, then childcare is expensive and if you lose your job or it gets shipped off to India, you're out of luck.

If anything Trump is making many of these problems even worse, especially student loans and health care. The only people I know having kids are educated professionals who for ex. went to another country, like Germany, where they could get higher education without student loans and generally stayed there, didn't have to worry about the health care mess but I guess learned German or French or whatever well enough to get a solid job in the new country. Otherwise it's just impossible to raise a family in the US effectively anymore, not enough time or money and usually both to provide the basics, let alone be a good parent anymore. Especially in the cities where the jobs are.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:08 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,096 times
Yeah, sure... all the white folk are gonna go, hey, love that trump, gotta have me some babies for him! Kinda like the Hitler Youth thing, right?

Old 05-25-2017, 07:14 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,452,732 times
" Will the white birth rate explode under Trump? "

No.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:20 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
White birth rate is doing fine, more Whites are simply choosing to have babies with non White partners. Race is simply becoming less of a factor. I think it would be great if most people identified just as American rather than Insert Race - American.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:25 PM

1,094 posts, read 499,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
White birth rate is doing fine, more Whites are simply choosing to have babies with non White partners. Race is simply becoming less of a factor. I think it would be great if most people identified just as American rather than Insert Race - American.
I get that sort of wishful thinking but our history won't allow that, African-Americans had to struggle mightily for centuries to overcome not just slavery but everything after that, and losing their African-American identity in favor of some homogenized "American" identity would cast a shadow on that. Many Latinos for that matter have had families here for centuries long, long before there was ever a US. Even more so for native Americans. The country is too big and too historically multicultural from the outset as a settler nation to dissolve into such a simplistic identity the way that, say, an ancient nation like Korea could.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:35 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,495,699 times
It's going to take a whole lot more than a president that represents everything I stand for to even begin to get me to entertain the idea of having a kid...

The hell do I want to listen to a blood curdling scream in the middle of the night for?
The hell would I give up having hobbies and free time for?

It's a bad investment that I'm not ready for anytime in the next 5 or even 10 years... going to need more than a president to convince me to relinquish what I enjoy to "settle down"

Had this fight with my ex, she went full baby crazy on me.

Nope not going to happen. You want to give up your youth, to change diapers and listen to screaming in the middle of the night. For what? Then give up having fun and doing things together for the next 18 or more years so the brat can? Nope. Not going to happen.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:48 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
That gold digger stereotype can never be retired can it.
Not until the oppressor, sexist , pig "every male's a rapist" stereotype does!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies