Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2017, 07:18 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times

Advertisements

Why don't you WAIT for the full program to be explained? Or did I miss something and Trump laid out all the plans for his healthcare already this evening, while at the concert?....

All this speculation is ridiculous. Let the president SHOW you and THEN you can complain, if that's what you need to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 07:20 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Are you assuming people with disabled children were forced to keep them? If this is your thinking you need to get out and talk to those who have disadvantaged members in their family. For some the thought was never entertained and many educated or found resources outside of the public school to help them.

I am really lost if this is what you people think! Yeah, we are all Shaking Our Heads over this post!

Ohhh DEAR~~ once again.. Obviously you have never worked in the HEALTH Industry and witnessed just what happens to someone who gives birth to a disabled or baby who requires HIGH cost maintenance... nor how the underprivileged and poor family deal with caring for these children. It's simply devastating... Guess after 45 years+ being a HC Provider I missed that class on what you appear to believe...

Your question about not forcing the parents to take care of those disabled? Says a lot about your attitude.. Rules force them to birth them.. Then Government according to you will CARE for them ( at taxpayers cost).. Just where does humanity and sense of dignity come into your vision?? I say no where..because YOU by your statement disregard one's feeling, heart, connection to their own flesh and blood...never mind their PAIN!! I'm actually nauseous to even try to reconcile such COLD and CALLOUS Heart!!

Your complete disregard for the pain, anguish ..never mind the costs for those who DO NOT have ability to pay for nor maintain a JOB..Speaks VOLUMES about you and those who feel those underprivileged somehow deserve what they are forced to endure.

I do pray, you never have to deal with such a painful life of those that get forced into dealing with such <Heartbreak>

Old 01-19-2017, 08:15 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Ohhh DEAR~~ once again.. Obviously you have never worked in the HEALTH Industry and witnessed just what happens to someone who gives birth to a disabled or baby who requires HIGH cost maintenance... nor how the underprivileged and poor family deal with caring for these children. It's simply devastating... Guess after 45 years+ being a HC Provider I missed that class on what you appear to believe...

Your question about not forcing the parents to take care of those disabled? Says a lot about your attitude.. Rules force them to birth them.. Then Government according to you will CARE for them ( at taxpayers cost).. Just where does humanity and sense of dignity come into your vision?? I say no where..because YOU by your statement disregard one's feeling, heart, connection to their own flesh and blood...never mind their PAIN!! I'm actually nauseous to even try to reconcile such COLD and CALLOUS Heart!!

Your complete disregard for the pain, anguish ..never mind the costs for those who DO NOT have ability to pay for nor maintain a JOB..Speaks VOLUMES about you and those who feel those underprivileged somehow deserve what they are forced to endure.

I do pray, you never have to deal with such a painful life of those that get forced into dealing with such <Heartbreak>
Yes, it's painful.

Nobody stops you to pay for it for them, right? Why don't you do-gooders pool money together to save them?

Why is it OK to force others to pay for you?

Can't do the time, don't do the crime; can't shoulder the consequences, don't have babies.

Hey, I am even OK to pay for it as long as those welfare recipients give up the right to procreation and the right to vote. That's fair, right?

Old 01-19-2017, 08:30 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Please provide the specific quote or quotes by Betsy DeVos that support your specific assertions in your original post for this thread.
Lol, why humor them? Obviously this is a partisan trash thread so frankly just call them an (after)birther and move on because you're not going to get any sane discourse.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:43 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post

Isn't is funny what people assume......I happen to have a sister who is now 68 yrs old with mental issues. So, don't carry on about how YOU worked around children and assume the rest of us have no idea the hardships and sacrifices a family makes for their mentally ill siblings. My mom raised my sister and never once thought about aborting her. My mom passed away 11 yrs ago and now it's my sister and I who look after her with help from caregivers.. I'm lot younger than my sister, this also helped, that we are not all aging and she will always be taken care of. It was always the family plan.....its how families should be. Amazing how my parents worked full time and still found time to raise 5 kids, while one was disabled.

Not one time did we ask the public school system to take her in. She was involved with a state run group that provided her with work training, in her late 20's. She learned some skills, to be able to hold a full-time job working in landscaping and other varies jobs, her mentality is around a 7 yr old. We knew she could never learn to read or write, school would have been a waste of time for her. We made sure she was protected from the public school system, kids making fun of her and learned things that would benefit her down the road.

Like my mom always commented, it's those college students and health workers who think they know it all and love to tell those of us who have family disabled members how its to be done!

I doubt you're feeling the need to pray, because you thought you had this one in the basket, on your high throne.

Last edited by wildflower82; 01-19-2017 at 08:53 PM..

Old 01-19-2017, 08:51 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Isn't is funny what people assume......I happen to have a sister who is now 68 yrs old with mental issues. So, don't carry on about how YOU worked around children and assume the rest of us have no idea the hardships and sacrifices a family makes for their mentally ill siblings. My mom raised my sister and never once thought about aborting her. My mom passed away 11 yrs ago and now it's my sister and I who look after her with help from caregivers.. Not one time did we ask the public school system to take her in, she is involved with a state run group that has provided her with work training. She learned some skills, to be able to hold a full-time job working in landscaping and other varies jobs. We knew she could never learn to read or write, school would have been a waste of time for her. We made sure she was protected from the public school system, kids making fun of her and learned things that would benefit her down the road.

Like my mom always commented, it's those college students and health workers who think they know it all and love to tell those of us who have family members how its to be done!

I doubt you're feeling the need to pray, because you thought you had this one in the basket on your high throne.
No one is "telling anyone" anything. This is about the rights of people with disabilities. Public programs for people with disabilites should be EXPANDED. As should SSDI and SSI. Instead, we have an administration who is promising us that they will serve the billionaire class, by giving trillions of dollars in tax cuts to be paid on the backs of ordinary Americans, the elderly, the disabled, the working class, the poor, the middle class and the underprivileged.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:33 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
No one is "telling anyone" anything. This is about the rights of people with disabilities. Public programs for people with disabilites should be EXPANDED. As should SSDI and SSI. Instead, we have an administration who is promising us that they will serve the billionaire class, by giving trillions of dollars in tax cuts to be paid on the backs of ordinary Americans, the elderly, the disabled, the working class, the poor, the middle class and the underprivileged.
No, it should be abolished!

Please take your communist manifesto to North Korea and leave my hard earned money alone.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:20 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,897 times
Quote:

I agree with you. It saddens and worries me to think there isn't much programs out there for the disabled. I always assumed that there were lots of programs for disabilities but that was before I got diagnosed. I wanted to go to the Way Station but apparently you have to have schizophrenia or something like that. I am told there isn't much else at least not where I live and nothing like the Way Station which would have been the most helpful.

I don't know about SSDI and SSI but it is important for the ones that can't work. As for me, I don't want to be given money. I just need help getting a job. I'm still trying but am getting very discouraged about it the more I try esp when some people in charge seem to be incompetent. I think there is help for children but only if they notice and once you are an adult it's like you're supposed to figure it out all on your own even if you weren't diagnosed then. As my therapist said I have fallen by the wayside..they overlooked me. The school put me in directed math but they never thought much of it. They just assumed I would grow out of my issues since I had a bad home life I guess. That and I was a pretty quiet student so they didn't see much of me.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:26 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times
Well,as a nurse who has taken kids to school in the past(the kids required a private duty nurse that the school district pays for) what do people expect these kids to do all day?

The kids I took care of had ventilators,Iv's, and feeding tubes.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:32 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
The exact opposite needs to happen. Disabled students are the only group with legal educational rights, and catering to them is trampling all the other students' educational needs. My kids have had BD (behavior disorder, and yes it's classified as a disability for educational purposes) kids in their classes who threw desks and chairs around the room when they didn't get their way. The principal was sent to the classroom several times/week to try to get the other students out to cower in the hallway until the social worker was able to placate the BD student. Try learning anything in THAT environment.

Many parents and even the school wanted the BD kid transferred out of the regular classroom, but there wasn't anything anyone could do about it. You see, as a disabled student, he had the legal right to "the least restrictive" learning environment, and his parents would scream to high heaven about his "rights" and threaten to sue the school district if he were to be placed into anything but a regular classroom.

That kind of thing goes on A LOT.

Let's see... my kids have also had biters, kickers, and school and private property destroyers in their classrooms when they were in K-8.

Welcome to the land of non-disabled students have no rights whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies