Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 10:15 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Trump didn't expect to win. There's witness accounts that shows he didn't expect to go past a few primaries. In fact, he never had the passion for the job. It was his sick ego and celebrity profile that he wanted to harness. But the public was too stupid to notice the gimmick.

Years ago when he was young he was on Oprah. He said "if I run, I'll win".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 10:18 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Ahh yeah. A man whose residence is in the Trump Tower is also sick of them too.

Since when should it matter where a man lives?

He's a billionare... you want him to live in a walk up in Queens?

GTFOH.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:26 PM

1,229 posts, read 859,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
It's hard to say how intelligent Trump is. He doesn't talk or write like a high-IQ person, but some of that is just his style. He did enter and graduate from an Ivy League school and has had a very successful career... On the other hand, I've seen hundreds of your posts...
He's tough as hell and old-school street-smart. He always looks forward and hindsight is not part of his vocabulary.

Quick little story -- About a couple of months ago, before the election, on a Monday night, I stopped in at my favorite little hole-in-the-wall Tavern on the other side of town to grab a bite to eat and watch the first half of monday night football.

This tavern is owned by two naturalized El Salvadoran brothers. Before the game was on, they had the television on CNN. Trump was being interviewed and I was watching intently. One of the brothers noticed I was focused watching the interview. He came over and stood close to me but on the otherside of the bar. He looked at me and asked if I liked Trump. i told him I did and that I was going to vote for him. I asked him what he thought....and he told me that he and his brother didn't like him at all, because they thought he was prejudicial towards latin people. But he then told me, while they did not like him, they both respected the hell out him because he was the toughest politician they had ever seen.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:30 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
He's a straight talker.. without filter.

He speaks so everyone can understand what he means.

I LOVE THAT ABOUT HIM.

No more circular conversations, no more answering a question with a question.

We need Trump, we got TRUMP and HE'S OUR PRESIDENT!
People who open their mouths and appear to let random nonsense fall out of it aren't necessarily telling the truth. If people who use complex words are confusing, perhaps one might use a dictionary and learn some of them.

Not sure how bold-face lies became so refreshing. Odd.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Very well.

So he's the "EVERYMAN" and the common American can identify with him.

that's what we need.

I'm so sick of the IVORY TOWER DWELLERS!

He mobilized a nation!

Could have been a community college grad and it wouldn't make any difference to me.... He's the PRESIDENT.
You just said "I'm so sick of smart people!"

Good grief. Become one.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
People who open their mouths and appear to let random nonsense fall out of it aren't necessarily telling the truth. If people who use complex words are confusing, perhaps one might use a dictionary and learn some of them.

Not sure how bold-face lies became so refreshing. Odd.

When you speak your mind the first thing that comes out is the unfiltered truth.

that's trump.. then he has to clean it up.

He's not perfect and I can live with that.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
It's hard to say how intelligent Trump is. He doesn't talk or write like a high-IQ person, but some of that is just his style. He did enter and graduate from an Ivy League school and has had a very successful career... On the other hand, I've seen hundreds of your posts...
Penn State, while a good school, is not exactly where you'd expect a fellow from that kind of money to matriculate.

And, anyone can have a very successful career with a multimillion-dollar loan from daddy and no scruples.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:
You just said "I'm so sick of smart people!"

Good grief. Become one.
how and when did i say that?

Not understanding your point there....

Old 01-18-2017, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Penn State, while a good school, is not exactly where you'd expect a fellow from that kind of money to matriculate.

And, anyone can have a very successful career with a multimillion-dollar loan from daddy and no scruples.
so he's the first NON IVY GRAD PRESIDENT.

SPEAKS VOLUMES FOR THE "EVERYMAN" ... I LOVE IT!

"hey Johnny/Jenny-"everyman-woman" - you can be president of the USA... yeah i can see that now"

how many on the LEFT SIDE see that it's a watershed moment?

NON IVY PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why doesn't the LEFT LOVE THIS WATERSHED MOMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

Old 01-18-2017, 10:36 PM

Quote:
When you speak your mind the first thing that comes out is the unfiltered truth.

that's trump.. then he has to clean it up.

He's not perfect and I can live with that.
One can speak one's mind politely and still tell the truth.

See? I just did it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies