Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 08:29 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
when Obama started his 2nd term, a radio disc jockey ( Terry Wood... 95.9 " the wolf )...would count down the days until the end of " hope and change "

You did a good job , Terry Wood.
Yesterday the count down was completed.

Well, Hell, if you can't look up to a disc jockey called "the wolf" who can you look up to ?!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 08:40 AM

21,136 posts, read 19,722,567 times
America's nightmare is over!

Old 01-20-2017, 08:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I have mixed emotions. A little sad to see them go, it has been a good run for 8 years. President Obama did a lot of very good things for America, regardless of what his detractors say. On the other hand, he seems ready to take this break, and I can not blame him. How any human endures 4 or 8 years of living in a fishbowl, and under constant attack, is beyond me.

Mainly, I will miss them, though. Wish I could shake his hand and thank him personally for all he did and for being the kind of person he is.
Name 5.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Name 5.

I'll see your 5 and raise you 450 !

Obama’s Legacy: Nearly 450 Accomplishments, With Citations

Old 01-20-2017, 08:59 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
'Be who you are and say what you feel...Because those that matter...don't mind...And those that mind...don't matter.'

Rescue the Economy at OUR expense, Obama Added more to the debt then ALL of the PRESIDENTS
that came before him !

Obama pointed out that he was a total newcomer and had absolutely no experience at anything except community organizing and it showed, take a close look at his GDP

The best news is that America is back in business and there will be plenty of jobs in the private sector for people that have become to dependent on the government.

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity . . . . What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving . . . . The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else . . . .. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation . . . .You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

- Adrian Rogers, 1931
National debt, deficit added under President Barack Obama - Business Insider

Quote:
Some of this debt is attributable to bills passed by Obama's predecessor, George W. Bush. Both Bush and Obama rolled out large investment bills to help the US recover from the depths of the financial crisis.

A majority of economists agree that debt-financed government spending during the depths of a recession is a good way to help mitigate the impact of the crisis and help return the country to economic growth. In addition, the debt may not be a scary as some think, since the US is still in good credit standing and prints the reserve currency of the world.

Additionally, as the Obama administration often notes, the annual deficit has decreased each year of the Obama presidency.

With those facts in mind, the size of the debt increase is quite staggering.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
I didn't say go to some other (mouthpiece) persons list, I asked for YOU to list 5. Hell, anyone could go to some list somewhere and probably find a rebuttal from some anti-Obama person just as you found that (questionable) list.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:02 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Personally I would thank Mr. Obama for rescuing the economy. People have self limiting memories and many seem to have forgotten how bad the imploding economy was. President Obama fixed that.

In the next coming year(s) we will be treated to another round of financial crisis and the rich getting far richer while the poor are scalped - the republicans are already setting that up with their promise to strip away all regulation. Then it will take another non-republican (D or I) to correct the course of our ship. Hopefully he will be as good as President Obama was.

Goodbye and luck Mr. President.
Excellent post.

Goodbye, President Obama. You will be greatly missed!!

Old 01-20-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I didn't say go to some other (mouthpiece) persons list, I asked for YOU to list 5. Hell, anyone could go to some list somewhere and probably find a rebuttal from some anti-Obama person just as you found that (questionable) list.
Ok, I'll play your little game. My 5 would be:

1) The economy. Your side must live in some Hellhole, where there is no work, but not where I live. 8 years ago, businesses were closing left and right, and no one could find a job. Obama has turned that around to where business is booming and people can once again find jobs.

2) Health care. AHA is not perfect, nothing is, but it was a step in the right direction and a start. 21 million people now have coverage who never did before. If the GOP had helped this cause, it would have been even better, but they chose to obstruct, as usual.

3) World affairs. Yes, the world is a mess right now, but Obama kept a lid on it. We can not control everything that occurs around the globe, but he managed to keep us relatively safe and respected. (again, lots of luck getting your team to acknowledge that)

4) He made some very tough, controversial decisions regarding the auto industry bail out. He basically saved American jobs and American cars, and it ended up positive. We got paid back and they stayed in business.

5) He cut a lot of government waste and non transparency. He made some hard calls, froze some wages, and streamlined some agencies.

6) I'l even throw in another one for you. He took out Bin Laden, something GW couldn't do. It took courage and conviction to make the decision to act, and he did it and did it well.

But, I have probably wasted the past 5 minutes, trying to convince you. Your side will never give any credit to anyone...........everything is a conspiracy and everyone is corrupt !

Well, you are on your own now. I have things to do today, so please think over the things I posted and see if you can agree to any of them.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Ok, I'll play your little game. My 5 would be:

1) The economy. Your side must live in some Hellhole, where there is no work, but not where I live. 8 years ago, businesses were closing left and right, and no one could find a job. Obama has turned that around to where business is booming and people can once again find jobs.
Yep, Part Time jobs where it takes 2-3 just to survive. Average wages are down as is income. We've not broken 2% growth in all the years he's been in office which is a RECORD that's his and his alone.
2) Health care. AHA is not perfect, nothing is, but it was a step in the right direction and a start. 21 million people now have coverage who never did before. If the GOP had helped this cause, it would have been even better, but they chose to obstruct, as usual.
Yep, Down to one insurance company in many places and rates are through the roof, 125% in some places, Obamacare will collapse under it's own weight very soon but he and those that put it in knew that when it was first passed.
3) World affairs. Yes, the world is a mess right now, but Obama kept a lid on it. We can not control everything that occurs around the globe, but he managed to keep us relatively safe and respected. (again, lots of luck getting your team to acknowledge that)
Yep, caused the rise of the (Obama claimed) JV team (ISIS) by pulling out of Iraq too soon, Caused the mess in Libya, Syrian Red Line ring a bell? How about failing to help the people of Iran when they begged him to which could have toppled the Mullahs. I could go on but you get the idea.

4) He made some very tough, controversial decisions regarding the auto industry bail out. He basically saved American jobs and American cars, and it ended up positive. We got paid back and they stayed in business.
Yep, he bypassed bankruptcy laws in place for DECADES and gave the UAW 50% of GM totally screwing all the retirees and other investors who held their bonds in their retirement funds. Not only that cost the taxpayers MILLIONS on the deal as the government NEVER got all the money back.

5) He cut a lot of government waste and non transparency. He made some hard calls, froze some wages, and streamlined some agencies.
I'm not aware of any of these so I can't in good conscience comment.

6) I'l even throw in another one for you. He took out Bin Laden, something GW couldn't do. It took courage and conviction to make the decision to act, and he did it and did it well.
He didn't take out ANYONE. He happened to be in office when intel came in and then (if reports are to be believed) dithered, hemmed and hawed for quite some time before giving the okay. I would say the same about any president who happened to be in office when actionable intel comes in btw.
But, I have probably wasted the past 5 minutes, trying to convince you. Your side will never give any credit to anyone...........everything is a conspiracy and everyone is corrupt !

Well, you are on your own now. I have things to do today, so please think over the things I posted and see if you can agree to any of them.
I give him credit for not totally destroying the U.S., Not getting us into a nuclear conflict and looking real spiffy while in office.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:38 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times
Wonder if Obama left Trump a little gift in the Oval Office bathroom ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies