Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2017, 01:07 PM

10,924 posts, read 21,922,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
If you shoot at me with your BB guns, expect me to shoot back with real guns. I could easily lose an eye if I were to be hit in the eye.
Many a perp has faced that exact situation when attempting a robbery with a BB or toy gun

Suspected armed robber wails ‘It’s just a toy gun’ after metro store clerk shoots him with real gun | fox4kc.com

Old 01-19-2017, 01:08 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,070,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
A rock in the head can easily kill. I think that this shooting was justified.
One has rocks IN their head if they stay outside when someone is throwing rocks at them. In this day and age video tells all and she should have pressed charges and used the video as proof. A 15 year old should not get away with such crap but c'mon...not a bright woman.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:15 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,280,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Border Patrol does and they have stated that rocks can constitute a reasonable danger to life.
Authorities have special rights peons do not.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Authorities have special rights peons do not.
Even peons can defend themselves from "unarmed ' attackers, look up disparity of force, obviously doesn't apply to this case.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:29 PM

19,778 posts, read 12,024,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post

Woman who shot Macon teen in head said it was self defense | 11alive.com

Was she home checking tire pressure at 8pm or at the neighbors house?

Read your link, "they came back". She was at the neighbor's house and saw the teens so she waited for them to leave.

These teens had been pelting the house, car and people for over a week. She should have stayed in the house until the teens went off to college.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:40 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,509,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Read your link, "they came back". She was at the neighbor's house and saw the teens so she waited for them to leave.

These teens had been pelting the house, car and people for over a week. She should have stayed in the house until the teens went off to college.
By college, you mean "prison," right?

Old 01-19-2017, 01:57 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,769,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
You might want to actually read up on self defense law before making foolish comments.

Can't say for sure if it applies in this case, but there are cases where in fact, you can.
Yes there are cases where you could use self-defense. But riddle me this.

So this lady was inside her house. She saw the kids that previously threw rocks. She went outside with her gun. And they threw rocks at her.

So she was safe inside right? Why did she go outside in the first place?

Or was it the other story, she was doing car maintenance and just happens to keep her gun next to her just in case?

She had options. It looks more premeditated than self-defense in this case.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:00 PM

797 posts, read 747,696 times
As if those kids were going to obtain bachelors degrees and lead the next scientific breakthrough.
If anything,she probably saved a few lives .
I personally wouldn't have shot him though, just grab his a** by the legs to the nearest police station.
Charge me with assault, i wouldn't care.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Yes there are cases where you could use self-defense. But riddle me this.

So this lady was inside her house. She saw the kids that previously threw rocks. She went outside with her gun. And they threw rocks at her.

So she was safe inside right? Why did she go outside in the first place?

Or was it the other story, she was doing car maintenance and just happens to keep her gun next to her just in case?

She had options. It looks more premeditated than self-defense in this case.
I'm not going argue why's and what if's about a news story that may or may not be accurate.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:04 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,769,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Do you think they were just lobbing pebbles at her? Tossing them towards her in a jaunty manner? Have you ever been smacked upside the head with a rock? Rocks can kill people. Haven't you ever heard of people being stoned to death? That's caused by people throwing rocks at a person.

Do you think she's just standing there at her front door, waiting to be pelted? She could have been out gardening, coming home from the store, walking her dog, whatever...I'm curious as to what images went through your mind to cause you to type such a thing.
So either she hangs out in front of her house with her gun at the ready. Or did she go back inside, get the gun, and start shooting, and that looks premeditated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies