Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 12:37 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,613,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Had heard about drug offenders with clean prison records whose crimes are no longer prosecuted the same way; hadn't heard about those with weapon charges released. Where did you see that?
The list that I saw showed that the majority of those released besides having drug convictions, had weapons charges as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 01:16 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Well, I guess we see where you stand on women's rights then.

The libs and their illusions. See, this is exactly why Trump won. Now that the curtain has been pulled back like the Wizard of Oz, America can clearly see all that immigrant and women's rights crap was just b.s.

Instead of the great and powerful OZ, you now look like a little creepy man on a stool. Congrats!

We have a new president. A new first lady, who's an immigrant. Congrats Trump and Family.
Stop with the lib crap. I'm as liberal as you can get and I've consistently defended criticism of Melania and her life choices. Her body, her choice. By the way, I thought she looked beautiful today. I loved her outfit!

Old 01-20-2017, 05:41 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,904,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
This is going to be a fun ride folks!

Enjoy!!!

The Trump Train is leaving the station! Hoot-Hoot!!!
Hope he pushes positive train control on our railways then. It's way overdue.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:23 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
"It’s true that federal conflict-of-interest laws exempt the president, and he’ll have the power to change White House ethics rules. But there remains a constitutional ban on accepting payments from foreign governments, as well as anti-corruption laws against bribery and fraud. Enforcing them against the president, however, would probably have to be done through impeachment.

Impeachment seems unlikely while Republicans control Congress. But questions about Trump’s business entanglements, especially overseas, are dominating press coverage of his transition, and nothing he said on Tuesday seemed likely to abate those concerns."

Trump: ‘The president can't have a conflict of interest’ - POLITICO
So much ado about nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
No doubt that's the most dearly held campaign promise among Trumplings.

But I'd be very surprised if Trump puts himself in a losing position.

It'd be very amusing to watch the spectacle, though.
He doesn't have to put himself in a losing position.

His attorney general is supposed to be independent of him and is charged with enforcing the law without fear or favor.

When Jeff Sessions goes after Obama, Lynch, Holder, Koskinen, the Clintons, etc., Trump can honestly say "I had nothing to do with it."

If he's asked why he isn't stopping Sessions, he can say I respect the independence of the attorney general, unlike Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Stop with the lib crap. I'm as liberal as you can get and I've consistently defended criticism of Melania and her life choices. Her body, her choice. By the way, I thought she looked beautiful today. I loved her outfit!
Why are you scolding Tokinouta?

S/he wasn't responding to you. S/he was responding to G1.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:25 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
So much ado about nothing.

Maybe,maybe not.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:50 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

He doesn't have to put himself in a losing position.

His attorney general is supposed to be independent of him and is charged with enforcing the law without fear or favor.

When Jeff Sessions goes after Obama, Lynch, Holder, Koskinen, the Clintons, etc., Trump can honestly say "I had nothing to do with it."
I'd LOVE to see him go after all of them. It'd be the political showpiece of the century.

Any bets on whether he does or not?

Quote:
If he's asked why he isn't stopping Sessions, he can say I respect the independence of the attorney general, unlike Obama.
In a tweet.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:14 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
[quote=TUMF;46886123]I'm getting a kick out of reading posts insulting Trump.
The man's not even in office yet and he's saved or created jobs and stopped major companies from moving to Mexico or overseas... Oh but that's just fake news....

Hold on now. There's no need for insults. I'm hoping you've done some research vs just buying into some rhetoric you want to believe?

Are you referring to Carrier and the couple of hundred jobs Trump saved at the tax payers expense? Yet Carrier is closing one Indiana plant and moving to Mexico taking thousands of jobs with it. It was brilliant of Pence to not resign as governor after he was elected as vice president so he could get his hands on those millions without needing tax payer approval, and handing it over to Carrier to preserve a few token jobs. Yep they still got payed to leave Indiana. So much for that tough talk about the 35% tax for bringing their product back into the USA. Honestly, I would encourage you to do a little more reading before buying into a beautiful dream. Insulting people who have a different opinion of you concerning Trump is well, sorry, classless and rude. So are the protestors destroying the property of innocent people because they don't want Trump as our POTUS.

I do not have a very high opinion of Trump, but that is based on my research and his many many conflict of interests. You don't have to agree with me, but you do have to respect all opinions, just as I respect yours for seeing something I simply can't see about Trump. Actually I would like to invite you to post some facts that I haven't found yet as to why Trump would make a good president. So far all I've researched has me quite concerned, and something positive would make a refreshing change.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:41 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
That first drop is a doozie... Trump working hard for YOU!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies