Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 06:57 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Melania is a beautiful and intelligent woman. My hope is that she and Donald Trump and their family have a peaceful transition today.
If I was Trump, I know what (or who) I'd be doing the 1st night as President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 07:02 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,775,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
There are 472 rooms available on Travelocity right now, and another 245 on Priceline. This is probably going to be the smallest turnout for an inauguration in decades. With the incoming president's approval ratings in the mid-30s it's clear no one wants to be there.
I support Trump but no way would I want to be surrounded by a bunch of raving racist lunatics. I'll participate in the festivities from the comfort and safety of my home.

Prayers sent for peace and safety for everyone today and the coming 4 years.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:15 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
she's not scared, just confused

Old 01-20-2017, 07:38 AM

1,009 posts, read 708,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What special force, no more than any other president got. Wow, if many Christians believe Trump was sent by god then they are very misguided. And we should all know for a fact that God didn't give us Trump. Many the devil did. lol But certainly not God because he is all loving. Trump is a narcissist who only loves himself.
For a minute there I thought you were talking about Obama the biggest narcissitic . God does not send any Presidental candadate it's the peoples choice . God doesn't choose for us he gave us free will .

Old 01-20-2017, 07:39 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I heard there were numerous death threats to Trump and his family. I kept looking at Melania and at times she looks scared as they stood in front of the cameras unprotected. I think it is tragic if the family fears what might happen because of all the hatred coming from the news networks, Hollywood and the internet.

It is terrible to think that those who preach tolerance are this hateful.

I find myself praying for the Trump family for protection.

Donald Trump has stepped up for the American people and this is how they treat him. I know what haters can do. After all they nailed Jesus to the cross and he was perfect trying to save an imperfect human race.
She looked scared because she knows she is walking into a living hell for at least the next 4 years.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:49 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
She looked scared because she knows she is walking into a living hell for at least the next 4 years.
There are surely few First Ladies who'd want that job.

Especially with a husband whose approval ratings are so dismal.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:31 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Trump is not perfect but no one is. I am just saying that when someone steps up to do good they are hated. Jesus was the only one who was perfect and he was hated. This is how bad people can become.

I prayed no one would ever do anything to Obama or his family. I would not wish harm to Obama. I do not like Obama's policies and Obama has some bad baggage he picked up during his life here.
Bad baggage? Have you looked at Trumps history?

Old 01-20-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
This from Bill Palmer
Donald Trump’s inauguration concert was tonight, and almost no one attended
https://www.palmerreport.com/news/ju...-concert/1000/

Thousands More Turn Out For Pre-Inauguration NYC Protest Than Trump’s D.C. Concert
Thousands More Turn Out For Pre-Inauguration Protest In NYC Than Trump's D.C. Concert

and there are dozens more.The thing is that it's all BS. You noted that "10k showed up." From what I caught they had screens going all the way back to the middle of the pools and there were crowds beyond the pools. That's a lot more than 10k people, but these moronic authors make it sound like millions showed up to protest (maybe a couple thousand) in the streets of NYC while 2 dozen showed up for Trumps concert.

It's awesome how some of the communist protestors are wearing red stars on their clothes. Heh, THEY are Putin's minions and the pawns of his plan.
There were only 5,000 ticked seats, the rest were out by the reflecting pool. From picture I have seen there were small clusters gathered around the jumbotrons, but the mall wasn't packed.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
There are surely few First Ladies who'd want that job.

Especially with a husband whose approval ratings are so dismal.
Especially first ladies with so much "history" out there on the internet.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:26 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
I heard there were numerous death threats to Trump and his family. I kept looking at Melania and at times she looks scared as they stood in front of the cameras unprotected. I think it is tragic if the family fears what might happen because of all the hatred coming from the news networks, Hollywood and the internet.

It is terrible to think that those who preach tolerance are this hateful.

I find myself praying for the Trump family for protection.

Donald Trump has stepped up for the American people and this is how they treat him. I know what haters can do. After all they nailed Jesus to the cross and he was perfect trying to save an imperfect human race.
Oh please, every single president & First Lady has the threat of assasination looming over their heads daily. The Trumps aren't special.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies