Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2017, 12:42 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Well, let's get on with getting rid of the bum.
The bum and Mrs bum are already on their way to California, so you're good...!

Old 01-20-2017, 12:42 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Disgusting

Today is a day of ceremony, the politics can pick up again tomorrow ... and I say that as someone who is vehemently anti-Trump. Today we install our next president whether we like him or not, it's not a day for partisan politics.
Ceremony? Stop being so hypocritical. Democratic politicians who didn't show up didn't see it as ceremonial, they saw it as politics as usual.
^^^ This is EXACTLY what people see, Democrat hypocrisy. You don't see the politics of Democrat congressmen who didn't show up but then you accuse Trump of not appreciating it's a day of ceremony. You don't see your hypocrisy?

This kind of hypocrisy comes from Democrats all the time.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:46 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Probably thinking about how moronic that speech was. It was moronic, just like the new Moron in Chief.
I'm quite sure that after crooked hillary heard Donald's speech, even she was glad she didn't win the election.. She may be a vicious but she can recognize greatness when she sees it..

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-20-2017 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: bypassing the profanity filter

Old 01-20-2017, 12:47 PM
JRR

8,159 posts, read 5,651,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Oh, I'm an Independent, but I've decided to calculate how much Trump's tax plan is saving my household and how much he's screwing over most of his supporters who gloat about him over here.

It's really uplifting!

Have a Trumpy Day!

I've got to admit that I am happy with his tax plan. As long as I keep our income under $105k. whatever part of that is long term stock gains is tax free. I may not have voted for him, but his tax plan helps me smile a bit about him being elected.

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Good luck to the man-child.

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
No, most of us said as President he did a crappy job. We accepted him in his position but recognized he was way over his head.

Feel free to trash talk Trump if he does the job Obama did. I certainly will.
I appreciate your candor.

This forum is evidence that Obama was harped on... constantly. Him and his lovely wife.

And the latter most certainly did not deserve such constant criticism. It was really sad.

I don't think Obama was the horrible President that you think he was. I also do not think he was perfect, and and there are things I would rather he had done differently.

Trump is promising a lot of things and many of these are things I don't really want in the first place. Some sound like they are decent enough ideas, but the devil is always in the details.

I dislike his lack of polish and his lack of a mouth filter.

I know that many of his supporters find it refreshing, but I find it boorish, rude, and not at all befitting the office of the President of the USA.

I'm glad that you, as a supporter, plan to hold him accountable. I hope that more of his supporters are willing to do the same.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:49 PM

504 posts, read 299,958 times
Default Worst inauguration speech. Ever. Seriously.

Where was the vision? Where was the unity, of "We, the people"? Where was the attempt at bringing into the fold the majority who did not vote for Trump, a majority of 3 million people? Where was any sign of humility?

All we got was a rehashed stump speech, with over the top statements, like violence in inner cities stopping today. Really?

All we got was a dissing of EVERY former President on the podium, whether Republican or Democrat, plus congress.

All we got was bull baiting the rest of the world that they don't matter any more.

Trump will have a lot to learn. Let's hope his actions don't harm America, and that Congress constrains him. There are good people on both sides of the aisle that DO understand what it means to govern for all Americans.

Trump has given no indication he does.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Disgusting

Today is a day of ceremony, the politics can pick up again tomorrow ... and I say that as someone who is vehemently anti-Trump. Today we install our next president whether we like him or not, it's not a day for partisan politics.
I agree. I didn't really have issue with peaceful protest, but attacking innocent people and property is wrong, no matter the day.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
I read Melania is 5'11, same as Michelle.
I think Melania had on higher heels today. Her outfit was really striking. I loved it.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:52 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Default Can Trump's ego survive this? Crowd at Obama's inauguration v. Trump's inauguration

Comparison: Donald Trump and Barack Obama

Get used to it Trump. Nobody likes you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies