Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2017, 08:13 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,555,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

All I heard was another campaign speech. But what stood out for me was Trump saying put America first. His rhetoric about other countries makes me think his vision of our country will go back to the days after WW1 and isolationism. The only reason we are such a great country and leader of the world is because of our allies. We would be nothing without them. So if Trump decides our country doesn't need any other country for help, we are vulnerable and screwed.
No. Let me explain what some of you for some reason do not know. Rights of Americans are being pushed aside and our tax dollars are being spent to help those who have no loyalty to our country. Remember his mentioning that we need only one flag. The only flag we need is the American flag.

It is like the woman who is so busy doing charity work that she neglects her own family. She takes a casserole dish to the needy neighbor while her children are at home making their own hot dogs. Her responsibility is to care for her own family and then if she has any extra time, she can go help the neighbor. America first is not being isolated; it is being protected from being invaded by people who will never pay their fair share and will always be a drain on our country.

We send money to Iran when our soldiers have needs that are not being met. We have families walking into our nation and start collecting thousands in welfare while the persons paying for that welfare are working two jobs so our leaders can take our money and do for those who make no effort to even learn our language. Then they wave their country's flag around and let us know they will vote and we will keep supporting them. Schools are denying our children the right to be proud to be American but letting the illegal guests have rights our children don't have. It is O. K. to fly their flag.

Obama threw up to us that white people will soon be the minority.

We have had enough so we elected someone to do something about it.

He said we protect other country's borders and neglect to protect our own borders. That is true!

But the final straw is what is happening in D. C. with the riots right now. The person who works two jobs to take care of their family is being robbed of peace and quiet and even getting to celebrate when we voted to do away with the criminals destroying our country. We build it and they break it and burn it and our police are being jailed for doing their jobs.

Illegals and criminals, it is time to back off. We now realize that if we stick together you are finished.

Last edited by NCN; 01-20-2017 at 08:24 PM..

Old 01-20-2017, 08:15 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,404,031 times
The snowflakes are melting. My niece says she is taking two Midols and going to bed with her Hillary book.

Sounds like some of the *******s here could use the same strategy.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:17 PM

5,093 posts, read 2,291,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

All I heard was another campaign speech. But what stood out for me was Trump saying put America first. His rhetoric about other countries makes me think his vision of our country will go back to the days after WW1 and isolationism. The only reason we are such a great country and leader of the world is because of our allies. We would be nothing without them. So if Trump decides our country doesn't need any other country for help, we are vulnerable and screwed.
So do you prefer interventionism and war?

Old 01-20-2017, 08:20 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,016,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Trump is very aware that adding the populist wing will make the Republican party ascendant, and tonight he cultivated his advantage by emphasizing some very important points.

A) Re-affirming that he is he outsider, and that the needs of Americans have been ignored.

B) Referring to "you" and "we" rather than the Obama "I."

C) Speaking of the plight of the inner city as the same as the Midwestern farmer/factory worker, thus inviting minorities to join him that he might build on his modest minority successes.

D) Openly and proudly invoking patriotism

E) Openly and proudly invoking god.

F) Making it very clear that it was the elites on both sides who have been wrong.

Some parts of this speech could have been made by Bernie Sanders, and you bet there is a connection. The Dems turned their backs on the future, and make no mistake that they are frightened that the Trump was able to force the Republicans to grab it with both hands.
The fact that you believe anything that raving nut says is proof that you're just another tool he'll use and discard. Good job voting to destroy your own future.

You really think Trump gives a damn about the inner city, jobs, or anything else. LOOK AT HIS RECORD. He destroys the wealth of others and amasses it to himself. He uses exploits in the system to cheat others. He pays neither his taxes nor his employees when he can get away with it. And you - along with millions of other easily duped right-wingers - believe the crap that spews from his mouth? Come on!

Oh, and I love the "God" part. Yeah, because a sleazebag like the Molester In Chief who freely gropes women and buys a new wife on demand really follows "God's laws." Of course, on the far right they don't care about that just so long as somebody waves a gun and a bible while getting rid of gays and Muslims.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:24 PM

5,887 posts, read 3,875,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
We send money to Iran when our soldiers have needs that are not being met.
Are you also against sending taxpayer money to Israel?

Old 01-20-2017, 08:27 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,016,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I don't know if it was the worst ever, but it was the most grim and darkly lurid inauguration speech I've ever heard.

For sure, we are living in troubled times, but Trump made America sound like we are living in bombed-out rubble catching rats for survival. That's far from the America I see and live in every day.
Right-wing loons believe that, however. They are nuts enough to think that because a brown family, or Muslims, or gays moved into the neighborhood the nation is "doomed" has "forgotten God," and it's time to break out the burning pitchforks. Same idea with jobs: they are dumb enough to think that if we just beat down minorities and the poor enough, the jobs will magically come back. Yeah, because that's how economics works... all those gay, black, Muslims that stole the coal jobs... or something... again, useful idiots on the far right.

I've interacted in detail with dozens of right-wingers over the years, and to the man they are bitter, paranoid, and ungrateful. They are always looking for a fight to pick, always looking to put somebody down, and always complaining about how "everything sucks." The pathetic part is that most of them have zero clue what it's like for life to REALLY suck. No, instead they whine all day about how "the government has screwed them," with their pensions, their decades of seniority at one company, their years of cheap housing, health-care, and education. Wallowing in their own ignorance and lacking perspective or empathy, they demand "change" because their lives - special snowflakes that they are - haven't worked out perfectly. So, somebody - ideally somebody they hate of the wrong religion or skin color - needs to pay for their perceived slights.

So, the damn fools go out and elect a tyrant who will, at best, simply rob the nation blind. The irony is that the blowback in the long run for them will be ruinous. No sympathy at all when that time comes; they've earned it.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:29 PM

31,933 posts, read 14,933,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
No. Let me explain what some of you for some reason do not know. Rights of Americans are being pushed aside and our tax dollars are being spent to help those who have no loyalty to our country. Remember his mentioning that we need only one flag. The only flag we need is the American flag.

It is like the woman who is so busy doing charity work that she neglects her own family. She takes a tasty casserole dish to the needy neighbor while her children are at home making their own hot dogs. Her responsibility is to care for her own family and then if she has any extra time, she can go help the neighbor. America first is not being isolated; it is being protected from being invaded by people who will never pay their fair share and will always be a drain on our country.

We send money to Iran when our soldiers have needs that are not being met. We have families walking into our nation and start collecting thousands in welfare while the persons paying for that welfare are working two jobs so our leaders can take our money and do for those who make no effort to even learn our language. Then they wave their country's flag around and let us know they will vote and we will keep supporting them. Schools are denying our children the right to be proud to be American but letting the illegal guests have rights our children don't have. It is O. K. to fly their flag.

Obama threw up to us that white people will soon be the minority. Not if we get rid of those who are here illegally.

We have had enough so we elected someone to do something about it.

He said we protect other country's borders and neglect to protect our own borders. That is true!
If we isolate ourselves and don't have allies, we will nothing in this world. You cannot be a super power, which we are, without allies. So is that what you want...to isolate our country from the world and not help other countries.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:32 PM

14,880 posts, read 12,033,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Those dresses - WOW. Gotta give it to that bunch - they give good face - and everything else. Except the Donald's hair but hey, he's doing it his way.

LOL, he says it's his own hair, but he must use a ton of shellac to keep it in place without one strand of it moving no matter how much he moves or how windy it gets.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:38 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,729,458 times
I saw Bill Clinton checking out Ivanka as the Trump family was walking by and his wife saw him.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:41 PM

39,019 posts, read 51,043,821 times
Was Comey there (in more than spirit)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies