Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2017, 10:24 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,604,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
What a horrible, negative, bigoted speech!
Wtf?

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Nice ***** slap to the previous Presidents....."we will make America great again"...like those before him had somehow done something which degraded America,

"Power back to the people"....all the dictators say that. Putin must have told him to say that....the people will eat it up while you go about getting wealthy.

Empowering the deplorables...and they eat it up.....

Hear that druggies and bikers and gangs......it's over. The Donald said so! Whew.....clean and sober by lunch time.

Globalization is over. We build it. we buy it......here. And no more selling US goods around the world, either. That's over!

Bombastic.....America First.....American workers and families.....screw the world....we no longer have an obligation to civilization.

Winning again...like never before...against who?

No more welfare, back to work.....by Monday? Everyone. That's about 50 Million jobs, BTW.

Islamics...have to go.....bad war mongers.

Open doors to everyone.....but not a single "commoner" has blessed the doors or Mara Lago in the last two months. Wonder why that is, if the Donald is so "pro" the "people"?

Slap the politicians.....talk, and no action....except for the action which I, The Donald, take.

(at this point I put my boots on as the BS got quite deep)

Old soldiers.....like Donald was ever a soldier, and ever bled for America....

(minimal applause)

sound plagiarized....

and finally....

Take America Backwards. OY!
Thank you for the summary. I watched some of the arrivals and such via streaming, but I cannot watch him speak. If I hadn't given up cable years ago, I would have this month.

20,838 posts, read 17,122,361 times
He is bare fisted, not particularly articulate but a force to be reckoned with. That's what we Americans wanted.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:25 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Interesting speech. Basically America is a horrible place and the people in Washington that I will be working with have made it so. But I will make it great again.

Quite a unique tactic when you need the support of those Washington people to get your agenda done and you start out by throwing feces at them.
Yeah... they'll ditch him the very first chance they get and put Pence in his place.

If Pence goes down with him, they'll enjoy President Ryan.

That's politics for ya.

Move over Lincoln, that was probably one of the best political speeches history!

25,303 posts, read 21,482,730 times
He's talking about Overcoming the terrible policies of Obama ,

We SHALL overcome!

14,361 posts, read 9,798,275 times
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain
Oh, Boy. Trump really tears into the Washington Estbalishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Good! That's EXACTLY what's needed!
It is... I'm all for him to succeed as long as it's not just for show. We've had enough of words and it's time for action. Trump better follow through, and the Dems better stop their petty obstructionism which is something they've railed against... justifying it doesn't change the hypocrisy of it. If they don't they'll hand a super majority to the Pubs in 2018.

Our country works best with a balance of power, with both parties at least trying to work together for the greater good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Move over Lincoln, that was probably one of the best political speeches history!
Not sure about that. JFK, both of Reagan's, and Obama's first (yes) were great speeches. I certainly appreciated that Trump's was short and sweet, right to the point, and fired the shot across the bow out of the gate. DC is about to get a shake up. I love that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Thank you for the summary. I watched some of the arrivals and such via streaming, but I cannot watch him speak. If I hadn't given up cable years ago, I would have this month.

...and none of it matters. You dislike Trump, Trump is President, and nothing else matters.

Last edited by steven_h; 01-20-2017 at 10:35 AM..

Old 01-20-2017, 10:26 AM

381 posts, read 277,921 times
He really tore them a new one up there☺.Obama/clinton looked so despairing.Now he really needs to deliver to middle america after that speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Interesting speech. Basically America is a horrible place and the people in Washington that I will be working with have made it so. But I will make it great again.

Quite a unique tactic when you need the support of those Washington people to get your agenda done and you start out by throwing feces at them.
What bunch of liberal whining.

36,664 posts, read 67,579,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
What a horrible, negative, bigoted speech!
As a person of color, I dont know if I would have felt safe standing among that crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies