Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2017, 02:59 AM

4,505 posts, read 4,624,113 times

Advertisements

That's one of my main concerns with Trump as President. I've never heard anybody ask that question but I think it needs to be asked. Trump being a highly successful and powerful business man, and him adding more business men to his administration, they may try to bring back debtors prison. There was a time in US history where people were put in jail for debt.

Another concern I have about Trump as President, he will amp up the war on drugs and go after marijuana smokers and the states that have legalized it.

It also concerns me about rounding up hundreds of thousands of people to deport. When he first announced he was going to run for president, he came out and said a whole bunch of negative stuff about Mexicans. The two reporters he shouted down in a disrespectful way at his press conferences were both Hispanic - Univision's Jorge Ramos and CNN'S Jim Acosta. I don't believe there are any Hispanics in his administration, even though they are 17'% of the US population. Honestly, I dont think he cares too much for Hispanics. I really don't. I can almost see the military going door to door rounding up people who are here without permission from the US Government.

I voted for Trump because I like alot of the things he says he would like to do for working class middle Americans. At the same time, I feel like we Americans really do not know what he is capable of doing. There could be loopholes that allow him to change laws at his own whim. I feel like we're rolling the dice by taking a chance on Trump.

Hillary is the devil we know. She would be a safe bet to keep the country the way it's been going, and not a whole lot of concern for working middle class whites.

I'm hoping and praying Trump will not betray us and he will bring back jobs from overseas and Americans are more prosperous than ever before during his time as President.

The only thing I know to do is just wait and see how things go with Trump calling the shots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 03:02 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times
Well you voted for Trump YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY ABOUT ANYTHING HE DOES!!

To you HE CAN DO NO WRONG so we dont wanna hear it bud!!

Old 01-20-2017, 03:05 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,593,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
That's one of my main concerns with Trump as President. I've never heard anybody ask that question but I think it needs to be asked. Trump being a highly successful and powerful business man, and him adding more business men to his administration, they may try to bring back debtors prison. There was a time in US history where people were put in jail for debt.

Another concern I have about Trump as President, he will amp up the war on drugs and go after marijuana smokers and the states that have legalized it.

It also concerns me about rounding up hundreds of thousands of people to deport. When he first announced he was going to run for president, he came out and said a whole bunch of negative stuff about Mexicans. The two reporters he shouted down in a disrespectful way at his press conferences were both Hispanic - Univision's Jorge Ramos and CNN'S Jim Acosta. I don't believe there are any Hispanics in his administration, even though they are 17'% of the US population. Honestly, I dont think he cares too much for Hispanics. I really don't. I can almost see the military going door to door rounding up people who are here without permission from the US Government.

I voted for Trump because I like alot of the things he says he would like to do for working class middle Americans. At the same time, I feel like we Americans really do not know what he is capable of doing. There could be loopholes that allow him to change laws at his own whim. I feel like we're rolling the dice by taking a chance on Trump.

Hillary is the devil we know. She would be a safe bet to keep the country the way it's been going, and not a whole lot of concern for working middle class whites.

I'm hoping and praying Trump will not betray us and he will bring back jobs from overseas and Americans are more prosperous than ever before during his time as President.

The only thing I know to do is just wait and see how things go with Trump calling the shots.
They can just file for bankruptcy, like Trump did, and wipe out their debts! S'easy.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:07 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
The President doesn't put people in jails.

The courts do.

Try reading up on the 3 branches of government.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:15 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,015,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post

IMO trump's experiment is going to be awful but debtors prison that's already happening, there is already thousands of people in jail because they can't afford the myriad of fees imposed by the courts.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:16 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
OP - If they reinstated debtors prison (aka slave labor) then The Donald would be the first inmate.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:39 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The President doesn't put people in jails.

The courts do.

Try reading up on the 3 branches of government.
So, Donny was just being his usual BS artist when he said HE would lock Hillary up. Perhaps HE should try reading up on the 3 branches of government.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:58 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, Donny was just being his usual BS artist when he said HE would lock Hillary up. Perhaps HE should try reading up on the 3 branches of government.
Got an exact quote on that Dear Heart?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies